Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 20:40   #8821
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Thats the engine check light flashing, checkout manual for the same. The loss of power you see is termed as limp mode.

You can check my ownership thread for same, I too am suffering from this issue on my 5 months old figo diesel.
Thanks Sameer.

In case of my Figo, this 'limp mode' issue has started since just last 1 month. I am thinking, this could have something to do with wrong installation of the amplifier (as I am also getting a whining / whistling sound on accelerating as well as a 'khat' sound on changing the song). I also trawled the net and found some linkage of car going into 'limp mode' to issue with alternator (I believe the whining issue is alternator sound being caught by the Amplifier because of wrong installation, please correct me if I am wrong).

I am going to get the Amplifier installation checked with my trusted Accessory guy and see if it helps. Will update this thread with the outcome either way.
Old 7th December 2013, 21:58   #8822
BHPian

A basic question to fellow diesel Figo owners, what does this engine use in it's timing case? Timing belt or a timing chain? While going through owners manual I found that the timing belt changing interval is set as 120k km. Isn't it a too stretch for a timing belt(if used)? Generally I have seen intervals in the range of 60-80k km.
Old 7th December 2013, 22:02   #8823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
A basic question to fellow diesel Figo owners, what does this engine use in it's timing case? Timing belt or a timing chain? While going through owners manual I found that the timing belt changing interval is set as 120k km. Isn't it a too stretch for a timing belt(if used)? Generally I have seen intervals in the range of 60-80k km.
As far as I know, it's timing chain. Normally, timings belt needs change at 60-70k kms, whereas chain last bit more till 120k kms or so.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 22:08   #8824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I am having a peculiar problem with my Ford Figo Petrol (2010). Suddenly, the car loses power and stops pulling. When I look at the dash, I find an 'exclamation inside a circle' flashing there. I stop the car, restart it and its works fine as if there was no problem to start with.

This has happened 3-4 times in the last 1 month. This issue started after I got a 4-channel Sony amplifier installed. Not sure if it has to do with a wrong installation of the amplifier as I also get a whistling sound on accelerating.

Look forward to inputs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Thanks Sameer.

In case of my Figo, this 'limp mode' issue has started since just last 1 month. I am thinking, this could have something to do with wrong installation of the amplifier (as I am also getting a whining / whistling sound on accelerating as well as a 'khat' sound on changing the song). I also trawled the net and found some linkage of car going into 'limp mode' to issue with alternator (I believe the whining issue is alternator sound being caught by the Amplifier because of wrong installation, please correct me if I am wrong).

I am going to get the Amplifier installation checked with my trusted Accessory guy and see if it helps. Will update this thread with the outcome either way.
Is yours a petrol or diesel Figo? Further, is this symptom only appearing in winter months?

I've been having this light on early morning starts on my petrol Fiesta from December 2011 on and off in December and Jan only. Roughly around 3 times every year. But when I switch off the engine and on again, it vanishes. It has something to do with throttle body sensors and that too when the outside temperature is below 21 degrees.

This year, I've not had that issue so far, so keeping my fingers crossed. If your car is under warranty, Ford will replace the throttle body for you. My car isn't , so I am avoiding that.

You can check my LTO thread for details, or the other thread on 'Check Engine Light' that is quite current.

Last edited by vnabhi : 7th December 2013 at 22:10.
Old 9th December 2013, 17:58   #8825
BHPian

Hi All,

I wanted to bring something to the attention of all Figo users. A specific set of Goodyear GT3 tyres are defective as I have found out recently. My car has run 29000+ Kms and the steering was wobbling since 20000. Once an alignment and balancing is done, it stays good for a couple of thousand kilometres. I have aligned the types four times in the last 8000 Kms. I took the car to Ford who told me that the tyres are defective and had a technician inspect the car today. I am being told that to receive replacement, I will have to pay for the tread that I have used which is about 35% amounting to INR 1408. The bulge is not visible but when felt with the hand the tyre is uneven. Hence check for uneven wear and tear and get a Goodyear technician to inspect the same if found bulged. You can log onto the site and call the customer care number to register a complaint.

Drive safe.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 19:48   #8826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
My car has run 29000+ Kms and the steering was wobbling since 20000.
Nothing new. These are bad tyres and it is known that these develop wobbling after about 25K. So the behavior is consistent with what is known. I had changed my tyres from Goodyear to Bridgestone the same day I bought the car.
Old 9th December 2013, 19:55   #8827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Nothing new. These are bad tyres and it is known that these develop wobbling after about 25K. So the behavior is consistent with what is known. I had changed my tyres from Goodyear to Bridgestone the same day I bought the car.
Hi Shipnil,

I thought Goodyear as a brand was good. I have used Bridgestones, Michelins and MRF. But the technician from Goodyear stated that there is a specific batch which had issues.
Old 9th December 2013, 20:18   #8828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Hi Shipnil,

I thought Goodyear as a brand was good. I have used Bridgestones, Michelins and MRF. But the technician from Goodyear stated that there is a specific batch which had issues.
Sorry, I didn't mean the whole Goodyear as a bad tyre company. The GT3 variety is known to have issues. While buying my Figo, I had researched on this forum as well as other sites and the general opinion was GT3 are bad. And not every Bridgestone is good. I had changed to ER60.
Old 9th December 2013, 20:51   #8829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean the whole Goodyear as a bad tyre company. The GT3 variety is known to have issues. While buying my Figo, I had researched on this forum as well as other sites and the general opinion was GT3 are bad. And not every Bridgestone is good. I had changed to ER60.
I understood.

The bad news is that I have to urgently travel to my home town and the guys at Ford said that they do not have Goodyear in Stock and that they would be shipped next week.
Old 10th December 2013, 21:52   #8830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
I recently went to ford saying my pedal travels a little further than it should before the brake works effectively.

the usual nitwits in the showroom picked their noses, till one of them came up and said that adjusting the handbrake cable would solve my problem.

he adjusted it to a point where the handbrake was so tight, it would lock at one click. but the feel at the brake pedal was sharp, and satisfactory.

I drove around for half a day and went back to get the handbrake adjusted to the correct 2-3 clicks pull-to-engage and brakes were still working good.

Now after 1000 or so kms i feel the pedal travels a little more than it should before the brakes bite, plus the handbrake works at 4-6 clicks to engage.

Does anyone else have a clue on how handbrake cable adjustment is affecting the rest of my brake system?
Bump. Does anyone have problems with handbrake cable stretching/failure ?
Old 11th December 2013, 15:18   #8831
BHPian

Hi everyone, this is my first ever post on t-bhp. I have a query which has been discussed previously on this thread, its regarding the rear fog lights on the Figo.

As everyone must be aware that there is a vacant slot for the rear fog lamps, hence during the 10k service had asked the A.S.S guys if they can install them (did not want to risk warranty, hence avoided after market).

The technician conveyed that the wiring diagram is no longer available with them, hence he cannot fix it . I just played my card & informed him that one of my friends had got it installed in another ford workshop. He requested if I can name the workshop, so that he can get in touch with them & get the wiring diagram.

Guys, if any one has been successful in getting the Ford A.S.S guys install the rear fog lamps, please do let me know.
Old 11th December 2013, 16:13   #8832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first ever post on t-bhp. I have a query which has been discussed previously on this thread, its regarding the rear fog lights on the Figo.

As everyone must be aware that there is a vacant slot for the rear fog lamps, hence during the 10k service had asked the A.S.S guys if they can install them (did not want to risk warranty, hence avoided after market).

The technician conveyed that the wiring diagram is no longer available with them, hence he cannot fix it . I just played my card & informed him that one of my friends had got it installed in another ford workshop. He requested if I can name the workshop, so that he can get in touch with them & get the wiring diagram.

Guys, if any one has been successful in getting the Ford A.S.S guys install the rear fog lamps, please do let me know.

Hi Venkat,

There is only one person that I am aware of that has done this modification to his car but it was not done in the Ford workshop but else where. I did try three Ford dealers and none wanted to take the risk. Car Accessories shops can fix it for you but the car's warranty may be void.

Good Luck.
Old 11th December 2013, 16:29   #8833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I really don't think a Ford Service Center would do this work. Heck, they dont do things we bring up during service itself.

I remember reading about a member in Hyderabad who did this on his white Figo. Many have done the simple duplicating of brake or park lamps, but not the fog lamps.

EDIT:
This is the link of the member who did the same work, maybe you can get in touch with him since you are in the same city.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...i-shocker.html

Last edited by tharian : 11th December 2013 at 16:43. Reason: added link
Old 11th December 2013, 18:09   #8834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I really don't think a Ford Service Center would do this work. Heck, they dont do things we bring up during service itself.

I remember reading about a member in Hyderabad who did this on his white Figo. Many have done the simple duplicating of brake or park lamps, but not the fog lamps.

EDIT:
This is the link of the member who did the same work, maybe you can get in touch with him since you are in the same city.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...i-shocker.html
Thanks tharian,

The member had linked the lights to the brake, effectively using them as brake lamps. While taking the delivery of the car the Ford guy had stated that I can have the fog lamps installed during regular service.

When i said this to the service guy, he was like "we have never received any wiring diagram for rear fog lamps". At the back of my mind I was like "do you get a diagram for everything". I do understand that its complicated but I would have accepted it if they at least tried to wire the lights & check.

Anyways as you have stated these A.S.S guys are seriously over their heads. When i complained of noise from the brakes, they said it was coming because I was braking & pressing the clutch at the same time (was never able to figure that out).
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 19:15   #8835
BHPian

Quote:

I have installed the same in my Figo (present model) but not from ford service. Actually its a simple work which we can do ourself. Mine is connect to the rear fog lamp switch only. And regarding the warranty part, the ford guys wont be able to find it unless there is an electrical warranty claim.

Attaching a pic of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image73371727.jpg  

Last edited by AshwinThekkan : 11th December 2013 at 19:17.
AshwinThekkan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks