Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:42   #8671
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Ford sells bearings at much higher price. As per them, they only stock genuine bearings and you get spurious bearings outside. But one of my relatives bought one outside, it is doing fine for last 2 years. I suggest you try SKF or FAG if the size is available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I was quoted 3.5k first and when I told them that does not sound right , they checked their system and said 2.6k which is why I checked here.
Some pages back, a memeber had mentioned 1k.

I guess I will go with the external option.Fords bearing part Im sure is nothing great if it lasted just 25k and they overcharge for the same.
I don't have experience on Figo yet, but on my Ikon the bearing to fail 1st was rear at around 55K km. Replacement at Ford A.S.S quoted around 2K, i chose to get it done at my trusted garage who used genuine SKF part and it costed me about 1K. But the SKF part went kaput in less than 10K Km. The local garage tried to get my warranty from SKF but it didnt happen, so i again got the 2nd replacement from him with another SKF part. Since my Ikon's running is very less, dunno at what point it fails.

So if running is high, it might be a good idea to go with Ford orig parts. Since they will atleast give some kind of warranty.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:28   #8672
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Captain Slow. If I understand you have made this upgrade. I am planning to change to fusion rims and 195/55/r15. But at later date.
Thanks limited edition, but I don't want ABS. it does remove an element of driving.
Old 23rd October 2013, 17:58   #8673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I don't have experience on Figo yet, but on my Ikon the bearing to fail 1st was rear at around 55K km. Replacement at Ford A.S.S quoted around 2K, i chose to get it done at my trusted garage who used genuine SKF part and it costed me about 1K. But the SKF part went kaput in less than 10K Km. The local garage tried to get my warranty from SKF but it didnt happen, so i again got the 2nd replacement from him with another SKF part. Since my Ikon's running is very less, dunno at what point it fails.

So if running is high, it might be a good idea to go with Ford orig parts. Since they will atleast give some kind of warranty.
Do you get warranty on spares? Did the SKF shop offered any? I actually have no idea about this. If yes, then it makes sense but I think warranty is not offered on any wear and tear parts.

I had an experience with Maruti too. Earlier when I owned an 800, the MGP bearing replaced at A.S.S. went bad in 10K kms only. So I went for aftermarket SKF shop to get the replacement. They worked well till the time I had that car.
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:48   #8674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The price for fog lamps is reasonable, if you see the intensity of light they emit. Local fogs cost less than half that price, but are only good for letting the opposite car know that you have another set of lights: in short, their ability to light the road is very poor.

The OEM Fogs on the other hand work really well in illuminating the road. Given the poor headlamps of the Figo, the fogs really come to ones rescue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I have the facelifted figo and don't have any complains with the lights. I found them satisfactory, having done quite night highway drives on it too. I just want the fog lamps, because i love them. I used to use them as DRL in my accent. I am getting them aftermarket for 1000 bucks, but won't be going for them. The fit and finish of OEM is OEM and can't be matched.

I'll be getting the fog lamps first, then followed by the console later.
Totally agree with Vnbhi on the effectiveness of the OEM fog lamps. They look small but have a very even spread in front of the car for about 3-4 meters. Big help incase of cars with old headlamp design during high beam. Without the fog lamps at high beams sometimes it seems to me that its virtually dark in immediate vicinity .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Do you get warranty on spares? Did the SKF shop offered any? I actually have no idea about this. If yes, then it makes sense but I think warranty is not offered on any wear and tear parts.

I had an experience with Maruti too. Earlier when I owned an 800, the MGP bearing replaced at A.S.S. went bad in 10K kms only. So I went for aftermarket SKF shop to get the replacement. They worked well till the time I had that car.
Normally A.S.S centers do offer warranty on spares for about 6 months. Atleast ford does on most parts like starter motor etc.

In my specific case I know the neighborhood garage well and owner mentioned that during my issue, he had another car with premature failure of SKF bearing, so he tried talking to the distributor about quality issues and to get free replacements. Finally he did the replacement 2nd time without any labor charge.
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:08   #8675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, the engine check light flashed again and this time, it didn't went away easily. Earlier the issue used to happen every 500-600 kms and after 3000 kms, it never came. I thought could have been due to the rain, But as soon as i crossed 6000 mark on odo, day before yesterday.

It again came and this time even after restarting the car, It used to come again in 1-2 kms and when the light flashes, the car won't rev over 2.8k . So, finally after getting irritated, took it to service center early morning today, left the car at 11 and they diagnosed it as issue with one sensor associated with accelerator pedal, They said they'll replace it in 2-3 days, as they didn't had it in stock.

I took the car back at 3 PM drove around for 8-10 kms, The light came once but didn't showed up again. Now, waiting for the ordered part to be changed. Otherwise, car is working beautifully, the average consumption so far is 15.6, majority of delhi peak hour driving, with full AC. I am quite happy with the car and thanks to soild built, no rattles so far

I'll update once again, the said part is replaced.
So, part came in stock yesterday. I gave them car at 12 in the noon today and after 2 hours, I recieved call from my sa that vehicle is ready. I went there at 2-15, got the vehicle back. The accelerator pedal with one sensor is changed, this part cost 4062/- but anyways mine was changed in warranty. Couldn't notice any difference, Now i'll drive her bit more and see, if light flashes again on or not.
Old 25th October 2013, 00:06   #8676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, part came in stock yesterday. I gave them car at 12 in the noon today and after 2 hours, I recieved call from my sa that vehicle is ready. I went there at 2-15, got the vehicle back. The accelerator pedal with one sensor is changed, this part cost 4062/- but anyways mine was changed in warranty. Couldn't notice any difference, Now i'll drive her bit more and see, if light flashes again on or not.
The light came again today

Seems like they were not able to find the real culprit, I've long drives lined up for the weekend already, Will inform SA tomorrow and will give the car on monday for inspection.
Old 25th October 2013, 07:35   #8677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post

I have decided to postpone the bearing replacement for now. Mainly becuase it was me who concluded the bearing had failed due to humming noise at around 30-40kmh and when I went and specified that to the SA, they conveniently said yes it has failed, which put a doubt in me. Went to a outside garage I know , and they said it has not failed.

As and when I replace it, it will be from outside since I have confirmed that Ford used SKF bearings itself and I have the specifications as well.

Regards
Old 26th October 2013, 15:04   #8678
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, recently I gave my car for RTB replacement as part of the recall. Since i was leaving the car for the day with service center I gave another complaint about some weird sound that I get from the engine at around 1000rpm. It usually comes when the engine is hot and the sound been there from the beginning. I kind of suspected its normal but wanted to get a good checkup done. Upon checkout A.S.S told me that engine diagnostics show that one of the diesel injector was injecting more diesel than required. They finally kept the car for 2 days and worked with Ford Technical team to share data that was requested back n forth and finally Ford concluded the injector was faulty and would need replacement. Since the part was not readily available, i left the car at a later date for replacement again for 2 days since Ford tech team wanted more diagnostic data.

Ultimately the injector change was covered in warranty and here comes the shock, the cost of 1 injector was Rs. 23000/-. By the way, after the change there is not much change in the idling sound or the drive in general, but i guess i shouldn't complain since it was covered in warranty before the problem got worse in the long run. Overall good role played by A.S.S (Elite Ford) in keeping me updated on what was going on during those 4 days when car was in garage. Havnt used the car much though, lets see if it helps with mileage a bit.

Last edited by supertinu : 26th October 2013 at 15:07.
Old 28th October 2013, 12:53   #8679
BHPian

Hi all, so my sis got her Figo Titanium D delivered today and I have few questions
1) The seems to be giving statica shocks at some points like doors and bonnet. Is this normal or should I get it checked?
2) The power windows seems to be getting down a bit slow, the SA said its normal and will smooth up with use. True?
3) Do I have to wait for 8 beeps before cranking?
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:21   #8680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hi all, so my sis got her Figo Titanium D delivered today and I have few questions
1) The seems to be giving statica shocks at some points like doors and bonnet. Is this normal or should I get it checked?
2) The power windows seems to be getting down a bit slow, the SA said its normal and will smooth up with use. True?
Thanks in advance.
I have a petrol but let me try to answer:
1) I get static shock around the door/body usually in the winter months. I get that on other cars also. I thought it was only me :(
2) I dont think the power windows roll up/down speed has anything to do with usage.
3) I dont wait for all the bells and beeps to finish before I start my car. But mine is a petrol So I dont know about diesel cars/engines.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:35   #8681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Is there anyway I can upgrade the Zxi's brakes to the Titanium version? IIRC the titanium had larger discs and drums.
On a recent weekend trip, it was raining heavily and I was sliding all over the place on locked wheels. Three of my tyres are pretty new <20K on them. The 4th is about 40K old.
I don't want ABS.
Upgrade to next upsize, I guess, its 185/65. Don't get into upgrading your braking mechanism.

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
1. Never noticed this on my Diesel Titanium.
2. My left side seems to have become marginally slow. But I dont think it will become fast with usage. Maybe a dirty liner, I will be cleaning mine soon.
3. Yes I do wait for all beeps to go off before cranking. A ninth one too, the low fuel indicator.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 18:52   #8682
BHPian

Quote:

Should go away after a wash or report it during first service.

Logically yes. The cables must be jammed due to non-usage in the stockyard.

Thanks in advance.

Since it is a diesel. WAIT till all chimes are over. In fact after cranking up, I wait 15-20 secs & then slot it into first gear, giving the oils to travel and let the engine warm up a bit.

Also shutdown is AC is switched off 15 secs before parking and once parked wait for 5 - 10 secs before engine shutdown
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 20:56   #8683
RGK
Senior - BHPian

For Diesel it is always better to wait for 1 or 2 min before moving the car or shutting down the engine. This would help the fluids to travel across. Also the turbo has to become idle at the time of switching off the engine.

I start the engine first (after 8 chimes) and adjust the mirrors, position the seat, switch on the audio etc and before shutting down I get down first, close the apartment gates, take all the things out and as the last activity I turn off the key. I feel my engine gets enough buffer time to settle.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 22:08   #8684
BANNED

Folks,

My Titanium D has covered 46K and recently I noticed a light on the dash which was the 'water in diesel filter' light. Took the car to the service centre in Vasant Kunj, they checked and replaced the filter, ok, done. I drive out of the service centre and within 5 kms the light comes on again!, I go back, they check & check & check again, verdict is the sensor is giving the problem and needs to be replaced, I half heartedly agree and the sensor is changed at my expense. I leave the service centre after paying Rs 7500/- and drive home to gurgaon, all well.. or so it seems. Very next in the morning when I start the car, the light comes on again, I call up the service centre and they advise to bring the car over and leave it with them for a day to scrutinise the problem, I am now in a dilemma what to do..?
Please help me folks !
Old 28th October 2013, 22:14   #8685
Senior - BHPian

My 2012 Figo D is covered under the RTB replacement program. However, it has been running without any issues till date.

Should I really go in for the RTB replacement? I dread to visit the ASC. I don't want them to mess up something that's working perfectly well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks