Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:11   #8551
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I'am hearing a rub rub noise from my Figo's front wheel (probably left side) while riding over smooth tarmac. This noise appears ONLY while riding over smooth tarmac surface. It comes around 30 kmph and stays till 60-70 kmph and fades up after that.

I complains about the same during my 20k service, and the SE couldn't reproduce the noise during TD. I asked them to explicitly check for any issues in brake pads (I suspect brake shoes interfere with the wheel while rotating).
While delivering the car, they said the Brake discs got deeper marks and needs to be replaced before next service and this might cause the rub rub noise issue. They also added that it can be done at 25k.

I never found any issues in braking capability, but this noise gives me irritation, and could feel the effect of the noise while placing the bare foot on the front side floor well.

I suspect this noise may occur if there is any bent in brake pads. I'am not sure whether marks in brake discs causes this rub rub noise.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'am planning to take my car to SC again after this weekend, they are now overcrowded because of the Field service action.
I am getting some noise, but it is more of a noise from a belt than rub noise, but i am not sure. I don't see any other issue, so ignoring for now. Have driven around 2K KMs with that noise. Not getting time to drop in to service center, but have to do sometime next month.
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:06   #8552
Senior - BHPian

Got the 30k kms service done on my 1.2 today at Metro Ford.
Bill came upto 2.5k. 500 less than the 20k service.
PAS hose was replaced under FSA. The usual oil change and consumables and wash.

I had complained of rear wheel bearing humming noise and one of the rear dampers being covered with oil which was not looked into. Since it was not major, I'll keep it under observation.

The disc needs replacement by next service according to the SA. Anyone who has had their disc replaced withing 30k kms?
I thought their usual life was much above 50k kms. There is a grinding noise under high speed braking which normally occurs on highways and has been there from the begining., I guess that screwed up the discs.
Blower strength went down on one occasion and since it fine now, I asked them to just check , and they found no fault.
One thing with the Figo I realized, the parts are not of very high standards, so unless we maintain the car in top condition , there will eventually be some expenditure.

Regards
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:18   #8553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
If the guys at Ford did not make a mistake, then one for oil change and another for oil filter replacement.
On a lighter note -
In that case, I am lucky - They didn't bill me for changing the oil filter gasket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Got the 30k kms service done on my 1.2 today at Metro Ford.
Bill came upto 2.5k. 500 less than the 20k service.
Will you be able to share the individual break up? Just wanted to know the rate difference between service centers.

Last edited by Sedate : 23rd September 2013 at 22:25.
Old 24th September 2013, 11:40   #8554
BHPian

Quote:
...I had complained of rear wheel bearing humming noise and one of the rear dampers being covered with oil which was not looked into. Since it was not major, I'll keep it under observation....
At the risk of sounding very negative, they are probably waiting for warranty on these parts to get over. In all probability the rear damper has leaked and will need replacement soon. As per Ford warranty conditions, dampers are covered till 35k km's and wheel bearings till 40k km's. Get these checked before you cross these km's.
amit1234singla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 11:56   #8555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
At the risk of sounding very negative, they are probably waiting for warranty on these parts to get over. In all probability the rear damper has leaked and will need replacement soon. As per Ford warranty conditions, dampers are covered till 35k km's and wheel bearings till 40k km's. Get these checked before you cross these km's.
That is good information. So these parts are not covered under the 3 year warranty , but has a separate warranty? The car's 3 year warranty has expired.
Old 24th September 2013, 12:04   #8556
BHPian

Quote:
That is good information. So these parts are not covered under the 3 year warranty , but has a separate warranty? The car's 3 year warranty has expired.
No, no. These parts are covered in standard (2 years) as well as extended warranty (3rd or 4th year), but only upto these km's. So if your car is not in warranty now (standard or extended), then it does not matter
Old 24th September 2013, 12:10   #8557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
No, no. These parts are covered in standard (2 years) as well as extended warranty (3rd or 4th year), but only upto these km's. So if your car is not in warranty now (standard or extended), then it does not matter
Got it. For few minutes, I was drawing a plan on how to tell them this and searching for a white paper of these parts warranty.

Surprising that they did not change these parts and charge me since they know the car is out of warranty now. If it was in warranty, I am sure they would have ignored it like how they did now.
Old 24th September 2013, 17:09   #8558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post

Will you be able to share the individual break up? Just wanted to know the rate difference between service centers.
Here is the breakup.
Balance is labor and tax , out of which labor was 1100.

EDIT: Let me know if not readable
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img753.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 24th September 2013 at 17:30.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 00:47   #8559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The disc needs replacement by next service according to the SA. Anyone who has had their disc replaced withing 30k kms?
I thought their usual life was much above 50k kms.
This is a common scam. For my Honda city I was asked to change the discs at 40K service. As proof they showed me the lines on the disc. I got them replaced as adviced. But the lines reappeared within 500 kms. On going back, I was told that those lines are normal. Don't change the discs. They will last as long as the car does.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 08:48   #8560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Don't change the discs. They will last as long as the car does.
The discs on a 2002 Ford Ikon was replaced in 2010, after doing 1,60,000 km. The discs became so thin and the mechanic said it might break.
Old 27th September 2013, 01:31   #8561
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need help. I lost one of the wheel covers on my Figo, the other 3 are still there. The car looks hideous without the wheel cover.

I searched around few accessories shop, but none had the new design wheel cover of Figo. Called up and enquired from ford, it's bloody edited expensive there, costs around 1965/-bucks for a single wheel cover :(

Don't know what they thought while keeping the prices so high. Confused, what to do. Just can't digest myself paying 2000 bucks for a single wheel cover.
Old 27th September 2013, 02:01   #8562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys, need help. I lost one of the wheel covers on my Figo, the other 3 are still there. The car looks hideous without the wheel cover.

I searched around few accessories shop, but none had the new design wheel cover of Figo. Called up and enquired from ford, it's bloody edited expensive there, costs around 1965/-bucks for a single wheel cover :(

Don't know what they thought while keeping the prices so high. Confused, what to do. Just can't digest myself paying 2000 bucks for a single wheel cover.

Pick up After market wheel caps, It will cost you less than half of the original ones and that too for 4 of them

Ford - > what were you thinking? Rs - 1965 for a single wheel cap? Maruti sells steel rims for much lesser.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 27th September 2013 at 02:02.
Old 27th September 2013, 10:22   #8563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Pick up After market wheel caps, It will cost you less than half of the original ones and that too for 4 of them

Ford - > what were you thinking? Rs - 1965 for a single wheel cap? Maruti sells steel rims for much lesser.
The issue is, I am not getting the latest ones after market, my Figo is 2 months old and have the latest ones. I am getting the ones on old Figo.
Old 27th September 2013, 10:39   #8564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
.... costs around 1965/-bucks for a single wheel cover :(......
1965 for one wheel cover ??! This must be for 4 and the guy you spoke to must've been confused.

I bought Plati alloys (12") at 2500/- an alloy for my Zen !! This sounds crazy...
Old 27th September 2013, 10:52   #8565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

1965 for one wheel cover ??! This must be for 4 and the guy you spoke to must've been confused.

I bought Plati alloys (12") at 2500/- an alloy for my Zen !! This sounds crazy...
Would it have been a set, I still would have bought it. The design on previous Figo costs some 1100/- bucks per piece and the design on newer one is 1965/- bucks each.

I confirmed twice, because even I was in shock. Tarun, in any case you're changing to alloys on Figo give the wheel cover to me lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks