Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2013, 20:02   #8596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
Had taken my Figo to the Vadapalani MPL this morning for the RTB check. It just took about 5 minutes for them to do the inspection. The car was hoisted and a screw like gauge with threads on it used to check the RTB. And was declared fine. I recollect reading elsewhere that the inspection involves spraying the RTB and looking for signs of defect. Is this not done anymore? Can anybody who went in for a RTB inspection recently throw some light?

On a side note, I hit the infamous stalling issue . Depressed the clutch to slowdown/downshift and the car went limp. Steering went tight as well. Luckily it was later in the night and not too much of traffic. Used the momentum of the car to bring it to a halt.
You could have just shifted down and slipped the clutch to bring it back to life!
Old 9th October 2013, 16:42   #8597
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:

On a side note, I hit the infamous stalling issue a couple of weeks ago, while on OMR. Was doing around 60 on the odo and in the process of overtaking another car. Had to abandon the attempt since a barricade came up. Depressed the clutch to slowdown/downshift and the car went limp. Steering went tight as well. Luckily it was later in the night and not too much of traffic. Used the momentum of the car to bring it to a halt on the sidelines. Was a scary moment. Got the ECU firmware upgraded this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
You could have just shifted down and slipped the clutch to bring it back to life!
This exactly what I do. I have faced this stalling issue many times. Mostly I am in third gear and speed around 50 while it happens when I press the clutch. I just release the clutch and the engine comes back to life. I had raised this issue with A.S.S. and they said they fixed it but still it occurs once in a while. I have decided to live with it. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a permanent fix for this
Old 9th October 2013, 17:35   #8598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post

This exactly what I do. I have faced this stalling issue many times. Mostly I am in third gear and speed around 50 while it happens when I press the clutch. I just release the clutch and the engine comes back to life.
Good old habits die hard! My Figo would be up next week for the 30 k service. I'll ask them to do something about it.
Old 9th October 2013, 20:36   #8599
Senior - BHPian

Today, i was examining the underbody of the Figo diesel. It seems the engine sump is vulnerable, but a careful driving can avoid hitting the sump at any situation. Except that, everything looked pretty decent(in terms of ground clearance).

So is it the plastic mud flaps, that seem to be a bit low, making the sound in the speed breakers?
Old 9th October 2013, 20:50   #8600
BHPian

Quote:
Had taken my Figo to the Vadapalani MPL this morning for the RTB check. It just took about 5 minutes for them to do the inspection. The car was hoisted and a screw like gauge with threads on it used to check the RTB. And was declared fine. I recollect reading elsewhere that the inspection involves spraying the RTB and looking for signs of defect. Is this not done anymore? Can anybody who went in for a RTB inspection recently throw some light?
My Figo had its RTB replaced about 3 weeks back. They removed the RTB and used some gauge to do the inspection. I was told it would take 3 hrs for inspection and 1 hour more if there is a replacement. I think different dealers are using different methods.
Old 10th October 2013, 10:19   #8601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Today, i was examining the underbody of the Figo diesel. It seems the engine sump is vulnerable, but a careful driving can avoid hitting the sump at any situation. Except that, everything looked pretty decent(in terms of ground clearance).

So is it the plastic mud flaps, that seem to be a bit low, making the sound in the speed breakers?
The plastic mud flaps, they're bloody useless. They scrape alot and every time it scrapes, the sound produced is heart wrenching.

I am pretty much sure, they'll fall soon at one of those speed breakers.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:23   #8602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
The plastic mud flaps, they're bloody useless. They scrape alot and every time it scrapes, the sound produced is heart wrenching.

I am pretty much sure, they'll fall soon at one of those speed breakers.

Lost one rear mud flap, running with 3 mud flaps since last 2 weeks. It looks quite odd but the good part is, there's no scrapping while going over speedbreakers.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:30   #8603
BHPian

I have not scrapped the mudflaps in the last two years.

Reason is that the last time they broke two years ago, I did not replace them. It is a complete waste of money to replace them.

The SA used to ask me whether I need to replace them and I used to say no. Now they dont ask because they know the answer.
Old 10th October 2013, 13:12   #8604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

Lost one rear mud flap, running with 3 mud flaps since last 2 weeks. It looks quite odd but the good part is, there's no scrapping while going over speedbreakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post

Reason is that the last time they broke two years ago, I did not replace them. It is a complete waste of money to replace them.

The SA used to ask me whether I need to replace them and I used to say no. Now they dont ask because they know the answer.
You guys are not alone: I lost one on the left rear within the first 6 months. And around a couple of months back, I lost the right rear, but found it lying next to the car in the parking lot.

A set of 4 costs more than a grand with Ford, so I got a set of 4 for Rs 550 from an accessories shop nearby. He was able to re-fit the right rear one that had fallen off. So now I have 3 spare in stock. The car no longer looks odd.

Another Figo owner and I walk around our office campus daily after lunch. We normally see around 10 Figos parked, out of which at least 7 have minimum one flap missing!!

Last edited by vnabhi : 10th October 2013 at 13:13.
Old 10th October 2013, 14:05   #8605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Reason is that the last time they broke....... a complete waste of money to replace them.
And I thought I was the only one running around for almost three years with two broken front mud flaps

Ford should recall those and give us softer, more flexible mud flaps!
Old 10th October 2013, 14:57   #8606
BHPian

Guys, of late I am facing a peculiar issue. The car feels unstable at low speeds. I have got the alignment checked but nothing was found. I took tests on flat roads, the car felt okay. But within city sometimes it feels like it is pulling left and sometimes it pulling right. Also, feel side to side wobbling while at low speeds.

Has anyone tried getting servicing done outside of A.S.S. after warranty is over? How is the parts availability in open market?
Old 10th October 2013, 15:43   #8607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, of late I am facing a peculiar issue. The car feels unstable at low speeds. I have got the alignment checked but nothing was found. I took tests on flat roads, the car felt okay. But within city sometimes it feels like it is pulling left and sometimes it pulling right. Also, feel side to side wobbling while at low speeds.

Has anyone tried getting servicing done outside of A.S.S. after warranty is over? How is the parts availability in open market?
Please check the steering. There may be excessive free play in it from what you described above. Could be due to worn out tie rod ends or play in steering gear itself. Second one is less likely but highly expensive to fix.
amit1234singla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 19:43   #8608
BHPian

need some help on this.

On two occasions my 2 year old petrol figo would not start the next morning, apparently due to no fuel in the tank. Once it happened at 25 dte reading and the other at 40 dte reading. This has never happened before in the past. i remember once starting the car the next morning with 10 dte reading.Since the fuel gauge is linked to the computer it was showing a notch above zero.

Couple of times i have driven the figo with about 30 dte reading and parked it for a couple of hours and restarted it successfully.But on two occasions with Dte below 40 it dint start, and only once when it about 28 dte did it start the next morning.

I had the car checked by ford and they said everything is normal,they dint remove the tank to check the float but checked for error codes and reset the ECU. And gave me a story about not going below 40 dte and how the computer recalculates and shows errors when we go up or down a slope.

Around the same time of this incident my car started giving low mileage, about 11.5 kmpl without AC.

how to go about resolving this issue?? Is this an issues with the fuel computer or is there an issues with the whole fuel delivery system??
Old 11th October 2013, 00:12   #8609
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
need some help on this.

On two occasions my 2 year old petrol figo would not start the next morning, apparently due to no fuel in the tank. Once it happened at 25 dte reading and the other at 40 dte reading. This has never happened before in the past. i remember once starting the car the next morning with 10 dte reading.Since the fuel gauge is linked to the computer it was showing a notch above zero.

Couple of times i have driven the figo with about 30 dte reading and parked it for a couple of hours and restarted it successfully.But on two occasions with Dte below 40 it dint start, and only once when it about 28 dte did it start the next morning.

I had the car checked by ford and they said everything is normal,they dint remove the tank to check the float but checked for error codes and reset the ECU. And gave me a story about not going below 40 dte and how the computer recalculates and shows errors when we go up or down a slope.

Around the same time of this incident my car started giving low mileage, about 11.5 kmpl without AC.

how to go about resolving this issue?? Is this an issues with the fuel computer or is there an issues with the whole fuel delivery system??
dont know the solution for your issue, but please refrain (unless emergency) from running on low fuel level (<1/8 tank) on any car. The fuel pump has to work really hard & can go kaput easily.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 01:14   #8610
BHPian

Quote:

On a side note, I hit the infamous stalling issue a couple of weeks ago, while on OMR. Was doing around 60 on the odo and in the process of overtaking another car. Had to abandon the attempt since a barricade came up. Depressed the clutch to slowdown/downshift and the car went limp. Steering went tight as well. Luckily it was later in the night and not too much of traffic. Used the momentum of the car to bring it to a halt on the sidelines. Was a scary moment. Got the ECU firmware upgraded this morning.
Hi sara.ramli

I too had experienced the same problem. Looks like I'm reading my own thread. My car too had stalled while slowing down. This was the first time that I had experienced such a thing. Took the car to the Ford dealership and they did an ECU upgrade. Didn't encounter the problem again . But after the upgrade, I personally feel that there is drop in pick-up. Will have to confirm with them at the time of next service.

With regards to the RTB checking, the best option is to log on to the official website of Ford India, enter you car's VIN no., and confirm whether your car is in the list of vehicles recalled. Initially I had checked with the dealership and they told me that everything was fine but on checking with Ford's website, my car was in the list of vehicles recalled. Immediately took an appointment with the dealer and got the RTB replaced under warranty on 1st of Oct. The replacement process was smooth and the vehicle was delivered on the same day itself. In my opinion its best to check with the Ford's official website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks