Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 11:24   #8446
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi Naresh, the max i got out of a full tank while my car was on the highways only was close to 798 once. However i am feeling that the bumper to bumper traffic is playing spoilsport with my mileage. Not too worried though since i would have been much more miserable had i got myself a petrol car.
Old 30th July 2013, 16:20   #8447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
4 digits on DTE is something which i NEVER seen on my TDCI in my 1.5 yrs 20k kms of ownership :(.
I have gotten 4 digits on DTE (~1020), but it was only once, and only when the entire trip was on NH4. I got about 22.6 km/l on that leg of the trip.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 18:26   #8448
BHPian

Even for me, inside city I always get ~540 on DTE. This is due to the B2B traffic nature of my commute. Mine is TN-10 so Arch-angel you know how the traffic in this area.

When my car's ODO was less than 10K i went for couple of 1400 km round trip on highway, On those trips i managed to get ~780 on DTE thats the max i achieved, my recent trips (again the same route) doesnt yield me the same result, it was bad, hovering around 650 on DTE.

Figo gives better mileage only after the engine heats up, Shorter B2B traffic trips with A/C can only gives you 11-12 kmpl. I see this behaviour common with all the Figos i drove.
Old 30th July 2013, 19:10   #8449
Senior - BHPian

FE figures must be mentioned with AC usage. AC seems to have a big impact on the Figo FE.

Over 26K kms (99% in city) my car has returned an average of 17.2kmpl with around 40% AC use. Mostly driven sedately.

Max DTE I have seen is probably 861 (winter).

Last edited by shuvc : 30th July 2013 at 19:16.
Old 30th July 2013, 19:42   #8450
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Figo gives better mileage only after the engine heats up, Shorter B2B traffic trips with A/C can only gives you 11-12 kmpl. I see this behaviour common with all the Figos i drove.
the 1.4 TDCI engine is not very good at fuel sipping; since it is really 'old' & not as 'cutting-edge' as the competition - i am talking about the fiat 1.3 MJD, honda 1.5D etc (and not the germans who are leagues ahead where straight 6s and even some V8s give 15kmpl+ ). This is one of the reasons (others reasons include older platform & very few design changes) ford priced the figo aggressively & was able to capture market share. The 1.0 ecoboost petrol or the 1.3 MJD are the true 'worthy candidates' who deserve the amazing chassis of the figo.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 10:59   #8451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Got the car back, they scanned the car, but couldn't find anything. Asked me to drive around and see if it comes again.
A few months back, I also got this Engine Check light, and got the car towed away to the Service Station. They returned the car and told me that they could not find anything. Their explanation was, that it happens sometimes, and starting the car without waiting for the beeps to go off can also cause it.

Haven't experienced it again though.
Old 31st July 2013, 11:23   #8452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
the 1.4 TDCI engine is not very good at fuel sipping; since it is really 'old' & not as 'cutting-edge' as the competition - i am talking about the fiat 1.3 MJD, honda 1.5D etc
Yes. 1.4 tdci gives the best FE in highways around 2k rpm.

The 1.3 MJD is the FE king, be it city or highway. But people don't get amazing figures because the top end is too good so they don't drive for FE.
Old 31st July 2013, 15:05   #8453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Their explanation was, that it happens sometimes, and starting the car without waiting for the beeps to go off can also cause it.
Ford can paste this beep info behind every Figo. So that guys behind us in traffic signals wont horn us to death when our figos switches off suddenly. Really its a pain to wait for those 8 something beeps to finish and start the vehicle.
Old 31st July 2013, 17:56   #8454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post

A few months back, I also got this Engine Check light, and got the car towed away to the Service Station. They returned the car and told me that they could not find anything. Their explanation was, that it happens sometimes, and starting the car without waiting for the beeps to go off can also cause it.

Haven't experienced it again though.
The light again came today, I was nearby service centre, so they took it in and scanned again. They found issue with one sensor, I guess it was throttle positioning sensor, they said they don't have it in stock and will call me in 2-3 days, when it comes.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:49   #8455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even for me, inside city I always get ~540 on DTE. This is due to the B2B traffic nature of my commute. Mine is TN-10 so Arch-angel you know how the traffic in this area.
I also so have pretty much used my Figo for city driving in Bangalore where avg speeds are about 15-20kmph and I get 13-14 kmpl. Tankful DTE usually shows around 530-540 but it gradually goes up and by the time I refill, I manage around 600+ km from a tank. Driving style is neither sedate or aggressive and this is with 100% AC. Haven't done any long enough highway trip to get higher numbers. Mysore trip usually give around 17kmpl.
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:52   #8456
Senior - BHPian

Now a days, I fill in 1000/- bucks worth of diesel, when Dte is around, and drive around 300 kms, and fill again when Dte comes to 45 kms.

So, 1000/- bucks worth of diesel is giving me around 280-300 kms of driving, all in city with ac on all time.
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:31   #8457
BHPian

Quote:
True. Once I used up a tankful only to commute to my office and back, which is only 6km one way. But this short journey takes around 35 mins due to horrible traffic. The resultant FE was 12.25km/l. The maximum FE that I got was 20.08 km/l overall, for a trip to my hometown in Kerala, which included around 375km on NH7 and some ghat and high range sections through Kerala. So, at times, the FE should have been well over 22-23km/l. All the figures are with AC ON, 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
FE figures must be mentioned with AC usage. AC seems to have a big impact on the Figo FE.
Over 26K kms (99% in city) my car has returned an average of 17.2kmpl with around 40% AC use. Mostly driven sedately.
Max DTE I have seen is probably 861 (winter).
A lot depends on the city you drive in. As I've driven extensively in Bangalore and Kerala, I can vouch for the fact that Kerala cities are much more fuel friendly than Bangalore. The contributing factors might be the much less horrible traffic and also the altitude because of which the air is much more dense.
Old 6th August 2013, 09:20   #8458
BHPian

Completed my 40K service last week. Total cost is 5K which includes complete interior enrichment / cleaning (which costs 1K). Service is prompt and experience is good (MPL ford OMR). The back door rattling is rectified again but i am sure it will come back after couple of weeks. Should learn to live with these small rattlings and it seems no escape from them on Figo :(

Changed the wiper to Bosch (done it outside Ford service center, thanks to @pisthpeeps for providing the pointers). When i checked with Ford service station, they quoted Rs.850/- for the one Ford provides. Bosch also costs exactly same. It was drizzling the day when the wiper is changed and they were working well. Should wait till heavy rains to see any improvement over stock version.

Bought a pair of OSRAM NB+ (Rs.799/-) from autotrend.in. Will be changing the bulbs in the coming weeks. Also bought a Hammer / Knife tools from autotrend.in (please refer the link below).

http://www.autotrends.in/multipurpos...e-repairs.html
Old 6th August 2013, 16:46   #8459
BHPian

My Red Figo TDCi celebrates her first anniversary today.

Treated her with new seat covers, philips rally 90/100 headlights, Bosch Clear Advantage wipers, Trumphet dual horns, Nomad type floor mats, surface treatment, wash and wax.

Long term ownership review is on its way !! In short - Its an incident free one year with ~17K kms on the ODO and I love it.
Old 7th August 2013, 15:08   #8460
BHPian

Gentlemen, My 46k kms pre-worshipped Figo Titanium TDCi is giving me a small problem. While the car is in motion, there is a hissing noise behind the dashboard. It sounds a snake's hiss (No, I don't have a pet snake )

I am unable to figure out the cause of this noise. It doesn't happen regularly. What could be the issue ? has any one faced similar problem ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks