Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
For those who want to know Figo mudflap prices:

Hard type- Rs 880
New Flexible type- Rs 1050
non OEM make hard type- Rs 295

All of them come only in sets of 4.

Regards
Have they started selling the flexible kind of flaps? If you have seen it, do you remember if those were clip-on types too, similar to the hard ones? The ones we get in car accessories shop need the flaps to be screwed on to the body and I am not too comfortable with the idea of drilling holes on the body panel.
Old 15th July 2013, 17:03   #8388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post

Have they started selling the flexible kind of flaps? If you have seen it, do you remember if those were clip-on types too, similar to the hard ones? The ones we get in car accessories shop need the flaps to be screwed on to the body and I am not too comfortable with the idea of drilling holes on the body panel.
All the ones I listed are clip on type. I didn't see the flexible ones,but Metro Ford has them . I didn't go for it because of the price.
And the non oem ones ,from an outside shop looked very brittle but the same design.
Old 15th July 2013, 17:18   #8389
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:

Hard type- Rs 880

Regards
They have started selling these flexible types already?
The last I checked at the showroom in Kochi (last week), their face drew a long blank!!
Old 15th July 2013, 17:38   #8390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post

They have started selling these flexible types already?
The last I checked at the showroom in Kochi (last week), their face drew a long blank!!
I did not see it /feel it. But they did say they have it. For all i know it maybe almost same as the old type but more abuseable .

Last edited by tharian : 15th July 2013 at 17:44.
Old 18th July 2013, 16:39   #8391
BHPian

The only time I feel happy about the headlights of Figo is when another Figo with stock headlights comes in the opposite direction during night on
a two lane road. Doesnt matter if its on high beam or low beam.

My Figo TDCi's first birthday is due in two weeks. Planning to change the headlights, wipers, floor mats and also give her
a spa. Would post a mini summary of the last one year experience soon.
Old 18th July 2013, 18:06   #8392
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
The only time I feel happy about the headlights of Figo is when another Figo with stock headlights comes in the opposite direction during night on
a two lane road. Doesnt matter if its on high beam or low beam.

My Figo TDCi's first birthday is due in two weeks. Planning to change the headlights, wipers, floor mats and also give her
a spa. Would post a mini summary of the last one year experience soon.
Although it is widely agreed that the headlight throw is bad, I find the old figo stock headlights to be 'ok' - if I make sure the outside of the lamps are clean before the journey & if I keep the fogs on, the '0' position seems fine to me in the night for 4-lane highways - even in low beam. For 2-lane roads, high beam is needed.
Without fogs, I agree, there is a problem, but I doubt whether it is as acute as what it is made out to be.
Old 18th July 2013, 19:09   #8393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Although it is widely agreed that the headlight throw is bad, I find the old figo stock headlights to be 'ok' - if I make sure the outside of the lamps are clean before the journey & if I keep the fogs on, the '0' position seems fine to me in the night for 4-lane highways - even in low beam. For 2-lane roads, high beam is needed.
Without fogs, I agree, there is a problem, but I doubt whether it is as acute as what it is made out to be.
Share your POV. I find no problems & hence have never found the urge to upgrade to Osram or Philips in stock form. Have said this earlier as well.

Fog lamps do make a difference, yes, but not a must have, though good to have
Old 18th July 2013, 19:30   #8394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Fog lamps do make a difference, yes, but not a must have, though good to have
I'd rather say they are a 'must have' on the old Figo. The lateral throw of the fogs does make things better on highway drives.

My colleagues accompanied me on a 300 km trip last month, both of whom own the initial lot of Figo Titanium model, that was bereft of fogs. They were very impressed to see the difference the fogs make, and got them installed in the next service of their cars.I think it cost them around 3.5K.
Old 20th July 2013, 11:24   #8395
BHPian

Quote:

Hard type- Rs 880

Regards

Hi Guys,

I did get the New flexible type mud flaps fitted for my car. As mentioned, they come in sets of four and are the clip on types.
Good news is that its been about 3 months now, and though it scrapes the speedbreakers quite often, the "3" mud flaps have held on and look durable. I mention 3, because I lost the Front RHS mud flap within a week of getting it fixed. [thats 250 odd bucks down the drain] . I guess the clip on type of mud flap bends and distorts comfortably, but the clips dont seem to hold.
Old 20th July 2013, 17:22   #8396
BHPian

Oil level of my Figo was dropping, noticed this a month before and took it for service. They did some tests, topped up oil since they could not figure out if turbo was faulty. I was asked to return for a recheck after 3k Kilo meters. When I checked after around 3k KM, the oil level had dropped considerably. SA asked for couple of days for diagnosis and updated me that turbo was faulty.

Car was under warranty, so turbo was replaced without cost. Actual cost of turbo is 13.5k + taxes. I have been servicing from Kirali Ford, experience was not bad. But for 20K's service, an SA named Biju took care of my car. Since then I have been sticking to him, asks for him every time I book service. The guy is a true professional, He makes sure every issue is sorted out and updates us regularly.. Feels safe when the car is with him.
Old 21st July 2013, 09:27   #8397
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing this experience, but was any one able to ascertain the actual reason behind the turbo failure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Oil level of my Figo was dropping, noticed this a month before and took it for service. They did some tests, topped up oil since they could not figure out if turbo was faulty. I was asked to return for a recheck after 3k Kilo meters. When I checked after around 3k KM, the oil level had dropped considerably. SA asked for couple of days for diagnosis and updated me that turbo was faulty.

Car was under warranty, so turbo was replaced without cost. Actual cost of turbo is 13.5k + taxes. I have been servicing from Kirali Ford, experience was not bad. But for 20K's service, an SA named Biju took care of my car. Since then I have been sticking to him, asks for him every time I book service. The guy is a true professional, He makes sure every issue is sorted out and updates us regularly.. Feels safe when the car is with him.
Old 21st July 2013, 12:23   #8398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Thanks for sharing this experience, but was any one able to ascertain the actual reason behind the turbo failure?
No, they could not find it. But I used to follow 30 sec idle rule while starting and stopping the engine. Not sure how it went faulty. Any way there is no noticeable change in engine performance, it feels the same as before.
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:02   #8399
Senior - BHPian

I've been hearing this noise from the front suspension over bad roads - something like a metal to metal sound as if something is loose. My car is just 750 km / < 1 month old, so it's very strange. Am planning to visit the A.S.S tomorrow. Hope it's nothing serious.
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:09   #8400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I've been hearing this noise from the front suspension over bad roads - something like a metal to metal sound as if something is loose. My car is just 750 km / < 1 month old, so it's very strange. Am planning to visit the A.S.S tomorrow. Hope it's nothing serious.
Don't worry tarun, i had the very same issue and if the noise is coming from behind the driver's side, its the duplicate problem of what i faced. It'll be fixed in the first service and apparently, its not just us who have faced it.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks