Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:38   #8401
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I've been hearing this noise from the front suspension over bad roads - something like a metal to metal sound as if something is loose. My car is just 750 km / < 1 month old, so it's very strange. Am planning to visit the A.S.S tomorrow. Hope it's nothing serious.
Same thing happened with me.

First Service : Jumping rod adjustment was done, the noise re-surfaced after a few hundred kms.

Second Service : Both front struts replaced under warranty. No noise observed in last 10 k kms.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:51   #8402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Don't worry tarun, i had the very same issue and if the noise is coming from behind the driver's side, its the duplicate problem of what i faced. It'll be fixed in the first service and apparently, its not just us who have faced it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Same thing happened with me.

First Service : Jumping rod adjustment was done, the noise re-surfaced after a few hundred kms.

Second Service : Both front struts replaced under warranty. No noise observed in last 10 k kms.
The first service is only at 2500 km or 3 months. I'm planning a long drive this weekend so don't want to wait till then. Will get it checked tomorrow.
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:01   #8403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The first service is only at 2500 km or 3 months. I'm planning a long drive this weekend so don't want to wait till then. Will get it checked tomorrow.
Not a serious concern, nothing will break. I drove with that noise for 10k kms.
Anyways, get it checked asap.
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:31   #8404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyRocks View Post
Hi Guys,

I did get the New flexible type mud flaps fitted for my car. As mentioned, they come in sets of four and are the clip on types.
Good news is that its been about 3 months now, and though it scrapes the speedbreakers quite often, the "3" mud flaps have held on and look durable. I mention 3, because I lost the Front RHS mud flap within a week of getting it fixed. [thats 250 odd bucks down the drain] . I guess the clip on type of mud flap bends and distorts comfortably, but the clips dont seem to hold.
Please post pictures of the new flexible mud flaps, i have been waiting for it a long time, have replaced front 2 like 4 times (in 34K kms). Showroom guys here still ask me "flexible mud flaps from Ford ?"
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:46   #8405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been hearing this noise from the front suspension over bad roads - something like a metal to metal sound as if something is loose. My car is just 750 km / < 1 month old, so it's very strange. Am planning to visit the A.S.S tomorrow. Hope it's nothing serious.
Took the car to MPL Ford near the OMR toll and after a test drive they traced it down to the left front link rod. Apparently the rubber bushes at the ends had too much play. The link rod was replaced and the sound has gone.

I'm very surprised that a part has gone with just 800km on the odo !! I hope this is a one off case ...
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:03   #8406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Took the car to MPL Ford near the OMR toll and after a test drive they traced it down to the left front link rod. Apparently the rubber bushes at the ends had too much play. The link rod was replaced and the sound has gone.

I'm very surprised that a part has gone with just 800km on the odo !! I hope this is a one off case ...
I have crossed, 1400kms and still no sound or something as such. The only thing I hate in this car is the mud flaps, they scrap at every damn possible place. And the sound they produce while scraping makes me go mad. It just hurts hearing that sound

The mileage is hovering around 15 mark, it's hightime I write a review now, but I am not just getting time, but soon
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:28   #8407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Glad to know the problem has been resolved.

Hope you got a job card for link rod replacement.

Yes, its not a good feeling when some parts fail so early.
How are door latches ? One of my door opening mechanism became really hard, the door latch was replaced under warranty.

Now, the same condition is happening with boot. Next replacement seem to be the boot latch system.
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:43   #8408
BHPian

Quote:
If the sound used to be like an isolated metal clanking noise especially while going over a bump with steering turned, then yes, it is the link rod that needs adjustment. If the sound resembled something like a metal juddering sound as you roll over a rough patch, it could be either the brake caliper vibration noise (known issue in certain Figos), or even a front shock absorber issue. I have had this pop up every 400-500 kms and last time, the entire front shock absorber assembly was replaced under warranty. It is just OK now.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 14:57   #8409
BHPian

Hi All,

Its been exactly 11 months of owning the Figo and I am very happy with it. Yes, I know- An ownership report is pending. :(

Now, there is a metal noise when the steering is turned to the left and the car goes over a rough patch. I feel the sound is from the steering column itself as if something is loose. My car has completed 23000 Kms and I am yet to get the issue rectified. Every time I visit the service center, they say it is the Stabilizer road which needs to be tightened. There is no noise for the first two days after the service and is back within a week. What do I do?
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:05   #8410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Hi All,

Its been exactly 11 months of owning the Figo and I am very happy with it. Yes, I know- An ownership report is pending. :(

Now, there is a metal noise when the steering is turned to the left and the car goes over a rough patch. I feel the sound is from the steering column itself as if something is loose. My car has completed 23000 Kms and I am yet to get the issue rectified. Every time I visit the service center, they say it is the Stabilizer road which needs to be tightened. There is no noise for the first two days after the service and is back within a week. What do I do?
It's the same problem that many have reported here. It's the link/stabilizer rod. You can push for replacement since the issue is recurring. If the A.S.S. is not acknowledging the fact that the issue is recurring, please sent a mail to Ford Customer care narrating the issue. IMO Ford Cust care is pretty responsive and they'll get in touch with the A.S.S. and sort this out.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:18   #8411
BHPian

How many litres does your figos hold till auto-cut off, if you fill soon after the first low fuel warning? Mine is TDCi version and for last couple of fills, I stopped at auto-cut off and it took only 33L when the DTE was ~45kms. I assume the tank would be holding at least 5 or 6L of diesels in it, so shouldnt it take around 38L for auto-cut off instead of 33L?
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:44   #8412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
If the sound used to be like an isolated metal clanking noise especially while going over a bump with steering turned, then yes, it is the link rod that needs adjustment. If the sound resembled something like a metal juddering sound as you roll over a rough patch, it could be either the brake caliper vibration noise (known issue in certain Figos), or even a front shock absorber issue. I have had this pop up every 400-500 kms and last time, the entire front shock absorber assembly was replaced under warranty. It is just OK now.
The sound I was getting was metal clanking over bad roads. The link rod replacement seems to have sorted it out for now, although I've run just 10km after the replacement.
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:52   #8413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Same has happened to me couple of times in the past. It was most evident when entering my office basement car park, where we go over a speed breaker while turning a sharp left on the entrance ramp.

Both times, the front pair of struts were replaced. I have run my car about 8K kms after the most recent replacement. So far, no sign of that clunking noise, despite me sometimes driving a little faster than advisible over bad patches of road.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:25   #8414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Same has happened to me couple of times in the past. It was most evident when entering my office basement car park, where we go over a speed breaker while turning a sharp left on the entrance ramp.

Both times, the front pair of struts were replaced. I have run my car about 8K kms after the most recent replacement. So far, no sign of that clunking noise, despite me sometimes driving a little faster than advisible over bad patches of road.

Thanks KiloAlpha. But in my case the noise seems to be from the steering column itself. And also it is only when you turn the steering to the left. Do you think that it is an issue with the shocks?
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:40   #8415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks KiloAlpha. But in my case the noise seems to be from the steering column itself. And also it is only when you turn the steering to the left. Do you think that it is an issue with the shocks?
How fast are you driving when your wheel is turned to the left and you hear the sound? Is it possible that you only hear the sound at that time, and at other times you don't notice it? This is what happened to me last time around.

The mechanic and I went for a fairly long test drive. We sat in silence, with the air conditioning on and blower position 1, windows up. There was the same sort of sound, only much more muted, when the car went over ruts/sharp ridges.

We opened up the front suspension. It was very obvious, with visual inspection, that the struts were kaput.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks