Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:57   #8416
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
How fast are you driving when your wheel is turned to the left and you hear the sound? Is it possible that you only hear the sound at that time, and at other times you don't notice it? This is what happened to me last time around.

The mechanic and I went for a fairly long test drive. We sat in silence, with the air conditioning on and blower position 1, windows up. There was the same sort of sound, only much more muted, when the car went over ruts/sharp ridges.

We opened up the front suspension. It was very obvious, with visual inspection, that the struts were kaput.
The sound is very prominent even with the music system and the a/c turned on. It is a slight vibration in the steering column. I am sure that the noise is not from the front shocks. Speed does not really matter. If you are doing 40ish or 70ish, the sound is very well heard. I am not sure how to explain this to the service advisor. I asked him to take a test drive and he acknowledged that there is a sound. But I am inclined to believe that the steering column has an issue. :(
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:58   #8417
Senior - BHPian

So, this light flashed once again, today. It also happened earlier at around 700 kms. But it went away, after i restarted the car.

Today, when it flashed I did the same, i.e restarted the car, it did went away but again came back in another 2 kms. I did the same, restarted the car, and finally it didn't happened again.

I didn't faced any loss of power or any other issue, when this light was flashing. What should I do now, go to service centre tomorrow, or wait for it to come again??

Here's the pic.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130723_215825.png
Views: 6972
Size:  602.5 KB

Anyone faced this before?
Old 23rd July 2013, 23:49   #8418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
So, this light flashed once again, today. It also happened earlier at around 700 kms. But it went away, after i restarted the car.
This is Engine fault warning lamp. There could be something malfunction in the engine and hence warning. Please take her to Ford A.S.S and check up.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 10:53   #8419
BHPian

Sameer i think it is a malfunction of one of the sensors. Do take her to the A.S.S and check it up. Also, if you are noticing a loss of power or other related symptoms like low pick up and slight smoking, there definitely is some trouble brewing under the hood. Do send her in as quickly as you can.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 12:23   #8420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post

This is Engine fault warning lamp. There could be something malfunction in the engine and hence warning. Please take her to Ford A.S.S and check up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Sameer i think it is a malfunction of one of the sensors. Do take her to the A.S.S and check it up. Also, if you are noticing a loss of power or other related symptoms like low pick up and slight smoking, there definitely is some trouble brewing under the hood. Do send her in as quickly as you can.
Okay, drove around for some 12-13 kms, today morning. The light didn't came up again. I guess. I'll wait for one more time, if it comes again. I'll take this issue up to the a.s.s.

And no I don't see any change in engine characteristic, while the light flashes on odo. Maybe some moisture in any sensor or in ecu, which is making this light pop up on instrument cluster??

Possible?
Old 24th July 2013, 12:25   #8421
BHPian

Could be, was the car driven extensively in any sort of wet conditions? If yes then this would be the case as i believe, but this is a bad mark for keeping sensors in an exposed location then. However, if it was exposed, wouldn't all of us be facing similar problems if the car was subjected to similar conditions? This make me think one of the following could have an issue:

EGR? possible if your car was old but considering your car is spanking new,not remotely possible.
Clogged Injectors? Maybe but again, unless it is a manufacturing defect, not possible.
Faulty sensors: More of a yes since electronics these days are more fickle than a cheating housewife.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 24th July 2013 at 12:31.
Old 24th July 2013, 12:31   #8422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could be, was the car driven extensively in any sort of wet conditions? If yes then this would be the case as i believe, but this is a bad mark for keeping sensors in an exposed location then.
Yes, actually I passed a water logged road twice, in past week. As it's raining cat and dogs here in Delhi. But the water level was a shade above the running board. I doubt any sensor would have been placed so low.

I'll wait till it comes again, if it does. I'll escalate the issue with the ford. Or should I go now itself?

EDIT- I am pretty sure, there isn't anything wrong with the engine or injectors. It's performing the same way as on day one.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 24th July 2013 at 12:33.
Old 24th July 2013, 12:33   #8423
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, actually I passed a water logged road twice, in past week. As it's raining cat and dogs here in Delhi. But the water level was a shade above the running board. I doubt any sensor would have been placed so low.

I'll wait till it comes again, if it does. I'll escalate the issue with the ford. Or should I go now itself?
I think if the vehicle sounds and runs healthy, you shouldnt be worried but if the light reappears, ask them to check everything but insist they don't open anything related to the engine(the people just don't know how to put it back together) i presume a generic inspection would do. Also, your vehicle isn't in the limp mode where the vehicle revs get really limited. I wouldn't worry too much since i believe water entered the system.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 24th July 2013 at 12:34.
Old 24th July 2013, 12:36   #8424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think if the vehicle sounds and runs healthy, you shouldnt be worried but if the light reappears, ask them to check everything but insist they don't open anything related to the engine(the people just don't know how to put it back together) i presume a generic inspection would do.
Yes, i'll wait for it to come again. And yes, i'll kill them if they say there is anything wrong with the engine. The car is just shade under 1500 kms now.

And also I actually revved the car to see whether there is any loss of power while the light was flashing, but it wasn't the case.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 24th July 2013 at 12:37.
Old 24th July 2013, 12:38   #8425
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i'll wait for it to come again. And yes, i'll kill them if they say there is anything wrong with the engine. The car is just shade under 1500 kms now.
I really don't think anything can be, considering how new it is. However, do keep an eye out for that light. If it does become dry and the culprit light vanishes, we would know whose doing it was...Do update these observations in your review/ownership thread.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 12:41   #8426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I really don't think anything can be, considering how new it is. However, do keep an eye out for that light. If it does become dry and the culprit light vanishes, we would know whose doing it was...Do update these observations in your review/ownership thread.
Yes sure, thanks buddy. I'll post the thread within this week for sure, just need to clean the car to click some post worthy pictures
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 15:11   #8427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
How many litres does your figos hold till auto-cut off, if you fill soon after the first low fuel warning? Mine is TDCi version and for last couple of fills, I stopped at auto-cut off and it took only 33L when the DTE was ~45kms. I assume the tank would be holding at least 5 or 6L of diesels in it, so shouldnt it take around 38L for auto-cut off instead of 33L?
Guys, Should i worry about the above issue or is it some air inside which need to be cleared using the famous shaking method? After auto cut off my fuel indicator needle shows full tank.

On other note, replaced one year old stock front wipers on my figo with 22/16 Bosch Clear advantage today. Cost Rs. 850. As it is raining frequently in Chennai will have a good QC on them in the coming few days.
Old 24th July 2013, 15:45   #8428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Guys, Should i worry about the above issue or is it some air inside which need to be cleared using the famous shaking method? After auto cut off my fuel indicator needle shows full tank.

On other note, replaced one year old stock front wipers on my figo with 22/16 Bosch Clear advantage today. Cost Rs. 850. As it is raining frequently in Chennai will have a good QC on them in the coming few days.
When I took delivery the DTE was 18 km and I straight away went to a fuel bunk, where she gulped 43 litres till auto cut off.
Old 24th July 2013, 17:01   #8429
BHPian

Quote:

How is the performance of the new wipers when compared the stock one? I also need to replace one. I am giving my Figo for 40K service next week in MPL OMR and plan to do this along with that. Have you bought the Bosch wipers in Ford dealer or outside (where?)?
Old 24th July 2013, 17:22   #8430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
How is the performance of the new wipers when compared the stock one? I also need to replace one. I am giving my Figo for 40K service next week in MPL OMR and plan to do this along with that. Have you bought the Bosch wipers in Ford dealer or outside (where?)?
I replaced them only today and havent got a chance to test them thoroughly. Will post the feedback after couple of days. I dont think Ford provides Bosch wipers. I got them from Suriya motors(Auth Bosch service center), Pallikaranai. Is this the first time you are replacing your stock wipers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks