Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2014, 10:30   #9166
BHPian

Hello everyone!
It's time for the 20k kms service for my petrol Figo. The service centre recommends engine oil change along with the other normal checks. My question is, I had last got the engine oil changed at 10k kms to fully synthetic mobil 1 engine oil, so is it necessary to change the oil again at 20k? My car runs mostly within the city with occasional highway runs.
Thanks!
Old 20th March 2014, 11:57   #9167
BHPian

Hi, now at ford asc for cooling fan not working issue. They say that entire relay need to be replaced. They cant just replace only the fuse it seems. Is that right? Anyways I am covered in warranty. Should I replace the fuse myself instead of spending 3 hours here ?
Old 20th March 2014, 12:28   #9168
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Hi, now at ford asc for cooling fan not working issue. They say that entire relay need to be replaced. They cant just replace only the fuse it seems. Is that right? Anyways I am covered in warranty. Should I replace the fuse myself instead of spending 3 hours here ?
Since your car is in warranty, why not leave it to experts at ASC. That way, if the issue continues, you can hold them accountable to it.

EDIT - just chanding the relay does not take 3 hours, it's a plug and play thing in most cars.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 20th March 2014 at 12:34.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 12:40   #9169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Hello everyone!
It's time for the 20k kms service for my petrol Figo. The service centre recommends engine oil change along with the other normal checks. My question is, I had last got the engine oil changed at 10k kms to fully synthetic mobil 1 engine oil, so is it necessary to change the oil again at 20k? My car runs mostly within the city with occasional highway runs.
Thanks!
It is recommended to change the oil and oil filter at every 10k , be it semi-synthetic or fully synthetic oil.
The advantage of fully synthetic is the quality of oil and the effect it has on the engine remains the same when it is 1km old or 10k kms old.

I was looking around for a fully synthetic engine oil for my petrol Figo few months back, but could not find the same grade. It would be great if you could let me know the grade of Mobil1 you are using and how different it is to the semi-synthetic one Ford uses when it comes to engine running/power.

Last edited by tharian : 20th March 2014 at 12:41.
Old 20th March 2014, 15:23   #9170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Since your car is in warranty, why not leave it to experts at ASC. That way, if the issue continues, you can hold them accountable to it.
EDIT - just chanding the relay does not take 3 hours, it's a plug and play thing in most cars.
Yeah i know it doesnt take 3 hours to do it. But here in MPL, Pallikaranai even for a small task they take lot of time. I came in at 11:30am and my car attended only by 12 noon. A mechanic came and started the car switched on the AC and since the fan was not running he tried to rotate the fan by his hand, did something with the relay and went back. SA then told me that entire relay need to be changed. I told the mechanic did not check the fuse itself. But SA kept saying that we cannot just change the fuse as it might blow again if relay is not changed and entire process would take 3 hours - may be due to lot of other cars waiting. Since it was getting late to my office asked them to change just the fuse and told them if in case it blows again i will come and change the relay. SA agreed and took the car inside. After 30 mins on checking the status SA says work in progress and relay is getting changed as fuse only cannot be changed according to their procedures. Car was given around 1pm finally. As it was lunch time no bill was given to me. No charges as car is still under warranty. Fan is working fine now.
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 16:17   #9171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Funny thing is, an year ago i had changed my headlight bulbs from stock to 90/100 philips with seperate relay and also have installed Vento type horns. They could have rejected the warranty as this is an electrical issue. Anyways they didnt bother.
Old 22nd March 2014, 05:47   #9172
BHPian

Have anyone fitted Fog Lamp for Figo outside the Ford Dealers? It costs 4500Rs with them and I come across this Rs 745 for the set http://www.snapdeal.com/product/anne...ght/1924022700

Not sure whether I can get this fixed in Bangalore
Old 22nd March 2014, 10:13   #9173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Have anyone fitted Fog Lamp for Figo outside the Ford Dealers? It costs 4500Rs with them and I come across this Rs 745 for the set http://www.snapdeal.com/product/anne...ght/1924022700

Not sure whether I can get this fixed in Bangalore
The fog lamp price depends on what year your Figo is from. Early 2010 models you need to pay 4.5K for the fog lamp kit as it has the lights as well as the new headlamp switch which is 2.5K alone.

Later on in 2011, they added the new switch that had provision for fog lights so you need to pay only 2K for the lights since you don't need the switch.
Old 22nd March 2014, 21:35   #9174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The fog lamp price depends on what year your Figo is from.
It is a Sep 2010 model. So can't I get this fixed outside?
Old 23rd March 2014, 01:40   #9175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
It is a Sep 2010 model. So can't I get this fixed outside?
You can but you would need a separate switch and wiring. Try to get the OE ones if possible from outside. Sometimes they have some offers for accesories.
Old 24th March 2014, 09:51   #9176
BHPian

My car is having an issue with the AC.

The AC is turning on and off multiple times(like a minute or two).
I am able to hear a hissing noise(I believe from the expansion device/capillary) every time!

Looks like it is a thermostat issue - Do anyone know the location of the thermostat in Figo? Just need to try cleaning the thermostat as a fisrt step before taking it to service station!

How much does a new thermostat cost?

Last edited by Sedate : 24th March 2014 at 09:56.
Old 24th March 2014, 10:21   #9177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
I am able to hear a hissing noise(I believe from the expansion device/capillary) every time!
Had a similar problem with my car, went to a non ASS AC technician. Was told that the gas needs to be refilled and in case it happens again it means theres a leak somewhere and will need replacement of the hoses.

Refilled the gas and it has lasted a month and i'm back to square one.
Old 24th March 2014, 10:28   #9178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Had a similar problem with my car, went to a non ASS AC technician. Was told that the gas needs to be refilled and in case it happens again it means theres a leak somewhere and will need replacement of the hoses.

When refrigerant is low, I believe, the immediate effect is on the cooling efficiency! - Less material(gas) to transfer heat from one place to other!

But I am not experiencing any drop in cooling! So the refrigerant leak issue can be partially ruled out! Also when the gas is low, there wont be a hissing noise from the expansion device/capillary.

I did work for a year in BlueStar for their AC division! Will check with the technicians there also!
Sedate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 10:57   #9179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Looks like it is a thermostat issue - Do anyone know the location of the thermostat in Figo? Just need to try cleaning the thermostat as a fisrt step before taking it to service station!

Clean the ac condensor first. It gets pretty clogged up with dust and this can happen. Also check the gas level, and if found low, check for less and top up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post

Whenever you spot a reduction in gas, the first thing you should do is check for leaks in the line. Else, the refilled gas too will leak away.
Old 24th March 2014, 11:30   #9180
BHPian

Quote:

This is a known issue with Figo. Happens with most cars. I had the same issue where a/c used to cut-off frequently. Took it to the SC where they replaced the thermister. This has resolved the issue.
I recommend you do the same as the SC guys are aware of this particular issue and will fix it up for you within a few hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks