Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 12:09   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Total number of posts suggest that BHPians have liked Figo more than Polo
Old 9th April 2010, 12:19   #1667
Senior - BHPian

You have to really see the numbers if you take away Mustang's and mkerala's posts
Old 9th April 2010, 12:30   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Total number of posts suggest that BHPians have liked Figo more than Polo
Part of the reason is becos of way too many posts like this one
Old 9th April 2010, 12:45   #1669
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I think we should be more bothered about what the car offers than what points Ford is marketing. When the petrol engine is underpowered compared to the competition, we would naturally expect it to aleast give better FE. What happens in this case is that it is neither quick, nor tuned for economy.
What Figo P is -------> VFM
What Figo P is not ----> Powerful engine, FE engine

No point in debating the above points, because it is clear to anybody who compares Figo P with competition.

Figo P is meant for VFM conscious customers, not for FE conscious customers. FE conscious customers should go for Ritz / Swift / Wagon R / Santro / others.

The question is are there customers in this segment who are more VFM conscious than FE conscious --- I can bet the answer is YES and there are lots of them.

Figo P LXI for less than 4 lakhs OTR is a kill in terms of VFM.
So is Figo P EXI for 4.3 OTR

Quote:
Do you mean to say that a person lookiong at a B segment car would go and buy the car even it gives an FE of 5 kmpl just because its the most VFM of the lot?
Do you really want me to answer this?
Old 9th April 2010, 12:57   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Do you really want me to answer this? [/quote]

A reply would be highly appreciated. Heck even a Merc owner looks at FE, which is why even in that segment diesel is the preferred choice. The B segment is way below that, and at least in the Indian context, we can't afford not to think about FE.

I for one would not buy a B segment hatch which has very poor FE. I'm not saying the petrol Figo's FE is very bad, but it is below average when compared to what the competition offers. The only scar I would say, on an otherwise excellent product. The diesel on the other hand, is an interesting proposition.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:58   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think we should be more bothered about what the car offers than what points Ford is marketing. When the petrol engine is underpowered compared to the competition, we would naturally expect it to aleast give better FE. What happens in this case is that it is neither quick, nor tuned for economy.
Well sorry to say, you got my message wrong, I was mentioning that of the 7000 odd customers who bought the cars they would have surely seen the FE figures before buying the car.
But the car meant something more to them than the FE figures, and that is what the marketing campaign of FORD is targetted at. As mentionee by PSYO. Figo stands for VFM and no one complained about FE as that is not what one seeks from Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
What Figo P is -------> VFM
No point in debating the above points, because it is clear to anybody who compares Figo P with competition.

Figo P is meant for VFM conscious customers, not for FE conscious customers. FE conscious customers should go for Ritz / Swift / Wagon R / Santro / others.
As mentioned before couldnt agree more to this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
You have to really see the numbers if you take away Mustang's and mkerala's posts
Well every thread has got few stars who help in providing info about the car and the manufacturers, and thereby answer questions raised on the car. How can you count on thread by removing these people from the thread itself.

Going by your explanation, the Polo Thread it would be less than a quarter if you remove yours and khan75's posts. But what is the significance in removing the numbers. You will miss out crucial details abt the car that you guys are providing.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:04   #1672
Senior - BHPian

My total posts in Team BHP are only around 125 . This thread is going out of control. It will be very difficult for a new reader to understand what really is happening.He may get drowned in constant bombardment of useful and not so useful data

Last edited by poloman : 9th April 2010 at 13:08.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:14   #1673
BHPian

Guys a quick question, will upgrading tyres on my Figo from 175/65/R14 to 185/60/R14 or 195/60/R14 void the ford warranty ?
Old 9th April 2010, 13:21   #1674
BHPian

FE is definitely one important consideration, not the sole criteria for many buyers. Somebody posted about less FE and less power for Figo P. I think that is a valid point. When people accept lower FE, they would be expecting more power no matter what all other features in car. The wish is to have good FE and decent power, but that's very difficult to achieve. I bought a TDCi Titanium just this week and Figo petrol did not even come in to my choice list after seeing the review by GTO. My driving will be in the range of 12 - 15K KM per year and extra cost for Diesel may not be a real smart decision when you calculate savings in fuel cost and extra upfront cost for Diesel. Yet, I ruled out Petrol as I didn't want a bigger car (I was using an Alto) which is average in performance. With the same FE, if Figo P has better power, I would have definitely gone for it and saved lot of money. My guess is that there are significant number of people who think like me ! Anyway, we will watch the sales of Figo for an year and will know the real trend.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:26   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
Guys a quick question, will upgrading tyres on my Figo from 175/65/R14 to 185/60/R14 or 195/60/R14 void the ford warranty ?
Check post # 1507 in this thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1808967
Old 9th April 2010, 13:35   #1676
BHPian

Yesterday after taking the car in the morning, i did about 70 odd kms before filling the tank. quenched her thirst by filling about 42 liters, before that she showed a DTE of around 59 or 69, don't exactly remember. that should mean about 23 or 19.6 kmpl.
After filling her up DTE was hovering 558, tyre pressure was set to 30 psi that would mean about 12.1 kmpl.

Something is wrong here, any suggestions??
Old 9th April 2010, 13:39   #1677
BANNED

@scorpio : The DTE on tank filling sometimes gives a lower figure, After you drive her for another 30-100 odd kms, It will start giving the correct figure. Meaning that the reading wont drop at the same speed as the kms on the ODO increase.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:27   #1678
BHPian

Hope this one's already been in effect since March. I dont want another price rise.

Quote:
  • Indian media are anticipating a potential slowdown in vehicle sales, including cars, trucks and two-wheelers, due to the threat of price increases resulting from new policies and commodity pricing. Many car makers are expected to announce price increases of between 2 percent and 5 percent this week to comply with tighter Bharat Stage (BS) IV emission norms. An expected rise in steel prices of up to 9 percent could soon make its way into car pricing as well.

Last edited by Brix : 9th April 2010 at 14:28.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:31   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Hope this one's already been in effect since March. I dont want another price rise.
Steel prices may have an impact not in India but at a global level.

Whats news on your figo, i saw couple of squeeze at MPL waiting for delivery.

@other figo owners: Whats the tyre on your car, mine is Apollo, Silverknight had mentioned that the apollo tyres made the car to go left and not a steering alignment issues that Mustang mentioned earlier. Need more clarity on this?
Old 9th April 2010, 14:45   #1680
BHPian

Yeah, I hope the company absorbs them. Increasing the prices now would look like a cheap trick.

I saw a red being delivered at the MPL near Taramani. I need to call my Sales Cons and ask her the status.

Isnt it the steering thats causing the "lefting" to happen?

Which one was better? Apollo or MRF. I forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Steel prices may have an impact not in India but at a global level.

Whats news on your figo, i saw couple of squeeze at MPL waiting for delivery.

@other figo owners: Whats the tyre on your car, mine is Apollo, Silverknight had mentioned that the apollo tyres made the car to go left and not a steering alignment issues that Mustang mentioned earlier. Need more clarity on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks