Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 12:37   #1801
Senior - BHPian

@longhorn: What are you looking for in the car you are planning to buy? Each car has its own + and - . It always depends on what your priorities are.

Maybe we should think of a thread in the what car section comparing the Swift P with the Figo P. I'm sure you'll find a lot of like minded.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:41   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
See longhorn, I would like to reiterate a point. The B segment cars are so similarly speced, priced, sized etc that there's a very thin line of diff between each of them i.e each has it's +ves and -ves wrt the other/a selling USP.

Now it's upto the consumer to choose the car which suits his needs the best. So you know what? If it's the peppiness+FE of the petrol I need I would choose a Swift, Ritz or the i10. If it's space, ride+handling, VFM then I would choose a Figo Diesel.

There's absolutely NO POINT in bragging that a Swift rattles and the Figo P might not be as Fuel efficient as the Swift.
Guess we are in the same boat. That's exactly my point as well. Excerpts from my previous post on this reproduced below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Figo is definitely a VFM proposition. If I were looking for a diesel hatch, I would go for it over the Swift, but in case of the petrol, the combination of the Swift's engine, gearbox, brilliant chassis and handling is simply too good to be matched by any other car in the segment, let alone the Figo. The better FE is just the icing on the cake.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:44   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I dont even feel like commenting on your post after what all you have done, You know about it so no need to mention.

*With no reference to the above post*
For other team-bhpians weight is weight whether its in accessory form or sheet metal form.
You said that FIGO weighs 1100kgs because of the sheet metal used.
That is why i pointed out that LXI variant weighs just 40kg more than Swift and doesn't justify the lesser FE.

*And yes i knew long back that you wouldn't like to reply to my posts when you chose to ignore my question about the almost non- existant bumpers in FIGO*
Old 10th April 2010, 12:45   #1804
Senior - BHPian

this discussion about swift VS figo is getting really boring and going out of topic here!

@
Everyone here who wants to talk about swift vs Figo.

I own a Figo petrol. I like it! doesn't it give as much F.E as the swift? NO it doesn't.
Is it fun and peepy as the swift ? NO !

The Swift Vxi was 60-65K more than the figo and doesn't come loaded with anything!

I have have never really cared much about F.E! as long as the car gives me 11 I'm happy. And this is roughly what I'm getting with AC on 100% of the time with b2b heavy Bangalore traffic.

People who want FE and think the swift vxi is worth the extra 65K then please go buy the swift!

Im happy with my Figo for now.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:45   #1805
BANNED

Quote:
I didn't get your point? Did you mean to say that Swift does not come with ABS or airbags?

Just for the record, The Maruti 800 came with seatbelts, way before they were mandated by law. If you feel so strongly for the need for ABS and airbag, why don't you ask Ford to provide them as standard right from the Lxi version onwards. AFAIK only the top end Titanium comes with airbags and ABS. The Swift Vxi trim provides ABS as an option, while both the ABS and airbag is standard in the Zxi trim. So no brownie points for the Figo here.

I accept that fact that the Figo is heavier and properly tired for the engine that it comes with thus affecting the FE. Can you accept the fact that the petrol is underpowered and you really need to work her to extract power and while at it you lose on FE ?
My uncles 93 model zen has seatbelt and center locking.

Swift diesel has no airbags even as option.

When you compare swift with figo you must take into consideration the following.
1. Figo is almost 60-80k less than swift.
2. Figo has OEM Bluetooth music system and much more features than swift.
3. Figo more spacious and bigger than swift.
4. Waiting period of figo is from 7 days to 30 days on average. (Not for me)
5. Current swift on road has almost same mileage as figo. The new K series swift is delayed over 3 months, so no point in comparing its mileage.
6. Service interval in figo after first service is 10k km/1 year. Where as swift need frequent service.
7. Ford quality is much better than maruti.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:47   #1806
Senior - BHPian

Well Longhorn, I guess you are taking these points too personnally, I am seeing for every reply there is one stronger note trying for on-upmanship, which is totally not required.
Its not a debate of Maruti is better or Ford is better. Not sure why bring so much deep emotions into every posts.

Forget about the car companies and who is better and all, atlest there is some mutal feeling for a fellow tbhp'ian, there is no requirement to disprove if anyone says a point abt Figo, or for that matter any other car.

Again, I have been saying this point so many times now. If you dont want to buy a car, dont buy it. I am sick of people who get into threads like that of Figo, Punto and even Polo and emphatically declare stuff like.
I will not buy this car, Its not good, No resale value etc.
Understand one thing, such threads will be followed by people who either have bought the car or finalized on buying this car. Every such comment will surely offend them emotionally and many replies will surely fly.

Can we just stick to discussing about the car in all such threads, than comparing it with the almight of Marutis. And comparing one-to-one with a Maruti car.

Sorry if my statements offended you. Its not just your post, its many such posts that I am seeing off late in new car launch threads.

Quote:
I didn't get your point? Did you mean to say that Swift does not come with ABS or airbags?

Just for the record, The Maruti 800 came with seatbelts, way before they were mandated by law. If you feel so strongly for the need for ABS and airbag, why don't you ask Ford to provide them as standard right from the Lxi version onwards. AFAIK only the top end Titanium comes with airbags and ABS. The Swift Vxi trim provides ABS as an option, while both the ABS and airbag is standard in the Zxi trim. So no brownie points for the Figo here.

I accept that fact that the Figo is heavier and properly tired for the engine that it comes with thus affecting the FE. Can you accept the fact that the petrol is underpowered and you really need to work her to extract power and while at it you lose on FE ?
Old 10th April 2010, 12:49   #1807
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post

*And yes i knew long back that you wouldn't like to reply to my posts when you chose to ignore my question about the almost non- existant bumpers in FIGO*

Well this is not the 'real' reason why i dont answer to your posts, You know what the real reason is. & as far as your bumper query goes, A car looks much better with the least amount of bumper in it, Thats why nowadays none of the new cars have a contessa/esteem like bumper sticking out, Its more aesthetically pleasing to the eye if the bumper is small & looks merged with the tailgate. It has got absolutely nothing to do with cost cutting etc. Even a car as expensive as the lamborghini gallardo does have a very small bumper which looks merrged with the rear.

@captain : I am happy to know that you are happy with your car
@mkerala : You got this spot on.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 10th April 2010 at 12:57.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:58   #1808
BANNED

Everybody come back home. Lets stop discussing about other cars here.

I am really concerned about the music system(No, not the usb, lets discuss it sometime later).

I was planing to buy a car and get it fixed with sony xplod. But ford figo got one music system, even though not so happy i agreed for it. But when i checked the demo car i came to know that it has just 4 ordinary speaker connected to th player. I enquired my dealer for connecting a woofer, but he told it will void warranty. When asked why ford didn't fitted a woofer? He told it is a good speaker which give good effect of like integrated woofer.

I am real fan of sony music systems and woofers.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:01   #1809
BANNED

@mkerala : It will definitely void warranty, i think none of the cars below 10 lacs have a subwoofer in them in India.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:03   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Well this is not the 'real' reason why i dont answer to your posts, You know what the real reason is.

A car looks much better with the least amount of bumper in it, Thats why nowadays none of the new cars have a contessa/esteem like bumper sticking out, Its more aesthetically pleasing to the eye if the bumper is small & looks merged with the tailgate. It has got absolutely nothing to do with cost cutting etc. Even a car as expensive as the lamborghini gallardo does have a very small bumper which looks merrged with the rear.
Well, i'm neither a prospective Figo buyer nor Swift fan. In this very same thread i've defended Figo and explained readers why it is possible to down the rear windows to only 60% with an illustration, long before you started posting.

Agreed it is got to do with aesthetics, but in a country where bumper kissing by 2wheelers is unavoidable in all cities does it make practical sense. I did a small survey and the only other car on Indian roads with a non-existant bumper is the Innova. No wonder almost all Innovas have an ugly 3rd party bar fixed at the rear end.

Last edited by Daewood : 10th April 2010 at 13:09.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:05   #1811
BANNED

Quote:
Clever way of sidestepping once again the doubt/question about the bumpers.

Well, i'm neither a prospective Figo buyer nor Swift fan. In this very same thread i've defended Figo and explained readers why it is possible to down the rear windows to only 60% with an illustration, long before you started posting.
why dont you see that post again? you should maybe read more carefully, the reason is mentioned there! I dont need to avoid petty questions like those.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:11   #1812
BANNED

Quote:
@mkerala : It will definitely void warranty, i think none of the cars below 10 lacs have a subwoofer in them in India.
It will cost around 2k-4k only. I will really miss it.

Quote:

Agreed it gos to do with aesthetics, but in a country where bumper to bumper kissing is ver common by 2wheelers does it make practical sense
Yes i remember when you illustrated a figo window and swift window size. It was a marvelous finding, even now ford follows your finding to customers.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:13   #1813
BHPian

USB is the one thats 1100 right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I just got the aux-in cable which i ordered from ebay. Its approx Rs 45.

3.5mm AUX AUXILIARY CABLE CORD FOR iPOD MP3 CAR 3.5 mm - eBay (item 170465614727 end time Mar-29-10 09:36:55 PDT)

In my local store it was available for Rs 15, but out of stock.

Now i got aux-in for my figo, need USB too.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:15   #1814
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
USB is the one thats 1100 right?
Its not the usb, but the aux in cable. usb is something different which comes from the back of music system. No body has got the usb yet.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:18   #1815
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I saw apollo only in EXi's & LXi's at the two dealers place. Can someone who have got ZXi/Titanium confirm about Apollo.
Chennai has started witnessing more Figo's. Sea grey -EXi-Diesel is also noted. I saw with "Lord Muruga" sticker at the back.
Before we conclude about FE's, Swift Vs Figo , Joe would complete 10k mileage in his Figo. I think generally FE and Top Performance are inversely proportional. You have to balance at one stage.
@Mustang - I will do that and update.
@mkerala - Try exploring to set up a woofer in the boot, but needs lot of wiring which needs opening of door pads, etc. Is not Pioneer better than Sony - i think you know better than me...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks