Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 22:07   #1936
BHPian

RPM pattern I am used to on my Fiesta Sxi 1.6 Petrol:
1st > 2nd - 1 - 1.5K rpm
2nd > 3rd - 1.8-2K rpm
3rd > 4th - 2-2.5K rpm
4th > 5th - 3K rpm

Getting ~9 FE in 100% city, a/c 100%, 50% full load, frequent cold running & B2B traffic

Got ~14 FE during full highway drive @80-90 speed avg.

- Frequent workouts at 3K rpms for all gears except 1st.
- Feeble vibrations at few secs interval when a/c on and at idle..though felt only by me on the driver seat and when knees are touching the console/door. Other occupants claim not to feel any vibrations at all.
- Feeble shudder when ignition is swicthed off.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:23   #1937
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

And dont forget to give her the weekly workouts. Maintain close to 3K rpm for around 30 seconds once in a week. I guess it keeps the exhausts clean.
This is a new concept for me (guess, has to do with my never really going through the user manual of the car, even though it is 3 years since I bought it).

But, I will start doing the 3000 rpm weekly workouts from now. A few questions I had....

- Has it got to be done for both Petrol and Diesel engines?
- Any other benefits (other than cleaning the exhaust)?
- Has this to be done in all the gears every week (or in any one gear, every week)?
Old 12th April 2010, 22:49   #1938
BHPian

My friends say they saw a Figo without the shiny finish for the center console ( metro ford bangalore - st marks road showroom) and with black dash. Do we have this option available? I thought only the dash color had options - coral and ebony. Can anyone confirm?
Old 12th April 2010, 23:08   #1939
Senior - BHPian

@mustang, thanks!

is there any way to retro fit the fiesta steering mounted audio controls on to the figo?

regards,
govigov
Old 12th April 2010, 23:12   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
It is the a/c compressor coming "on" and "off". I also noticed this. Its there even after the car is hot. Not only when engine is cold. I noticed that the compressor comes on for a few seconds and then goes off and then again it comes on for a few seconds and goes off. This is when the jerk happens. I think the "BIG" compressor is overdoing the job.
it happens all the time. Warm or cold.
Old 13th April 2010, 00:17   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And thats what i am doing. Diesels cars seems to give better mileage when you are in the Turbo range. And on this engine it comes "on" at around 4500rpm.
You mean the turbo comes on at 4500 RPM? That must be a typo. I am guessing you meant peak power is produced at 4500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@mustang, thanks!

is there any way to retro fit the fiesta steering mounted audio controls on to the figo?

regards,
govigov
There are no steering mounted audio controls in the current gen Fiesta. The next gen Fiesta has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
- Has this to be done in all the gears every week (or in any one gear, every week)?
I don't think there are any other benefits other than to clear exhaust soot and it applies for both petrol and diesel. You can do it in any of the gears but do it in 3rd or 4th.
Old 13th April 2010, 00:34   #1942
Senior - BHPian

@gilead, my bad, none of the ford cars have this feature? :surprised:
Old 13th April 2010, 08:06   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You mean the turbo comes on at 4500 RPM? That must be a typo. I am guessing you meant peak power is produced at 4500.
OOPS!!! That was a real BIG Time Typo I mean the turbo comes "on" at 1450 rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
My friends say they saw a Figo without the shiny finish for the center console ( metro ford bangalore - st marks road showroom) and with black dash. Do we have this option available? I thought only the dash color had options - coral and ebony. Can anyone confirm?
Its the Lxi Variant. For the all black interior lovers.
Old 13th April 2010, 08:16   #1944
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
figo manual mentioned to keep the rev at 1500-1800 for the first 500km and vary the speeds for the tires to set. okay from now onwards will shift at 2500.

A question regarding suspension, when the back seat is loaded , even with a single person, the height of the car goes significantly, when i mean the height the gap between the wheel and the wheel arch. when it is fully loaded, the gap between the wheel arch and the wheel goes down even further. is this normal for all figos?
All ford manuals advise this same rev range but dont define whether its for petrol or diesel, I think its for petrol & for diesel it should be 1800-2100 RPM

The suspension effect is normal, Thats why it is advised to go for 36 PSi when you have 5 passengers onboard. Follow the 5 passenger air pressure advise & your suspension will last longer but otherwise keep the tyre pressure at 32 psi for the front & 30 psi for the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
@mustang, this is a bit OT, but a question which i had asked sometime back-in those places where euro 4 norms are not being followed,do they sell the euro 4 compliant or euro 3 fiestas?
I think i answered it before also, Anyways Only the Euro 4 fiestas are being produced in the plant nowadays but those dealers in non-euro 4 cities are allowed to sell whatever euro 3 fiesta stock they have/ can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Looks like a typo to me, It comes on at around 1500 RPM. Peak power is produced at 4000 RPM, Peak torque is produced at 2000 RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@gilead, my bad, none of the ford cars have this feature? :surprised:
@govigov : None of the fiestas & figos have steering mounted audio controls.
Old 13th April 2010, 08:27   #1945
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
It frees the car of carbon deposits

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1817330-post276.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1818283-post278.html
Old 13th April 2010, 10:44   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
You have got it all upside-down! What I meant was the 1 lakh saved if one goes for Figo now, as per current difference in price between Figo/Swift. This 1 lakh saved now will double in 5 yrs. Comparatively, since one has to invest 1 lakh more in Swift now, the resale value difference between Figo/Swift 5 yrs hence should be at least 2 lakhs, to even things out. So, would you want to save 1 lakh today or wait for 5 yrs and hope the resale value difference will be 2 lakhs 5 yrs from now?

Are you getting it now?
Don't get me wrong here buddy but I don't think this makes much sense. If you go by this logic, you are much better off buying an Alto or 800 and investing the remaining amount somewhere.

Quote:
... let me say, at least Ford is thinking on its feet and taking corrective action within the 1st month of its launch. On the contrary, the waiting period of months for Swift has been for years...so there.
There was no waiting period for the Swift at the time of launch or in the months immediately following it. The build up started once the DDiS engine was introduced. Maruti had increased production due to this demand, but still the demand outstrips supply by a large margin. I think other manufacturers need to be ashamed of themselves. After all, Swift is not the only option in this segment.

Quote:
Not at all. In fact, going by your various posts either you are pointing out only about the FE (which will depend a lot on one's driving style & other factors) or the resale value (which cannot be predicted with any degree of surety for a 5 year horizon)..other features you are neglecting. What I am just trying to say is any product with a VFM tag, needs to be seen in an overall perspective, which includes its target audience & usage.
You need to go back a few more pages. When I was all praises for the Figo everyone was happy. The moment a negative aspect was pointed out, people are pouncing upon me.

I think it would do Ford a lot more good if people read this and whose who want better FE opt out of the Figo petrol, rather than people going to the service centres complaining about poor FE. Else Ford should have their dealers to tell the true FE figures to potential customers, and then let the customer decide what he wants. Lying to potential customers about FE is just not done.

Last edited by longhorn : 13th April 2010 at 10:46.
Old 13th April 2010, 12:49   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Its the Lxi Variant. For the all black interior lovers.
Thanks gemithomas ! I really don't like the cheap looking finish on the center console. Wish they give that option on Titanium.

Mustang,
Any chance if I can get it replaced/customized on a Titanium, even if it can be done after taking delivery?
Old 13th April 2010, 13:39   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Lying to potential customers about FE is just not done.
This is done by dealers from almost all brands. Not specific to ford.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:07   #1949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Ford Dealers in Chennai - Are quite a honest bunch, wrt FE figures. To quote, "Fiesta P owners report 11 or 12 in the city Sir. But we would say 9 or 10".

I don't know if even these guys have fallen to the trap of giving inflated FE figures.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:21   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
During test drives, sales person from Lathangi said "Maximum of 15 kmpl for the Petrol and a Maximum of 20 kmpl for the Diesel". Most guys in their brochures have a small fine-print that says "Under test conditions".

Tallest claims are by Chevy Spark closely followed by Maruti Alto I guess, and neither gives what it claims. None that I know of.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks