BANNED

Pricing (Ex-showroom Delhi)

Only for the 2 models i am sure about-

1.2 base petrol : 3.6 lakhs
1.4 TDCi Titanium : 5.5 lakhs

Dont think its accurate?

Check out my occupation on my profile.

One more thing,

Had fun driving the fiesta? Then you will be definitely amazed behind the wheel of the figo. My promise to all team-bhpians
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:30   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnjai View Post
Now...UVA or Figo?

Comments are highly solicited.

Regards

Jaideep.
Lets forget the Figo for a moment. The UVA? Please, that's a sales disaster. Even GM has forgotten about the car!
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:47   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Umm, I should have mentioned - the "campaign" was an internal mailer for Employees.

So to be fair to Ford, they are only informing the Employees.

First, This car is going to decide the future fortunes of the Company in India and they have spent a lot of time and money deciding a strategy. And they have only one shot at this. So they are taking their time, which is acceptable.

Second, the product has extremely good reviews and the Company is confident of a success. Even pricing it +/-10000 will translate into good/decent margins.

@-NUT-case - I mentioned a "suspend" because dealers and salesmen were giving their own predictions. So now its from the horse's mouth that the pricing will be revealed later. So its in limbo as of now. I sense your frustration, but its just a matter of 2 weeks from now. Patience.... !
Sorry guys! Din't catch on that it was internal memo. But encouraging people to book without announcing the price! FORD wants to have the cake and eat it too. lol

@ Brix i think the delay in announcing the pricing will only increase the debate on what it is going to be . Anyways as you say, now we know that the prices quoted have been probably plucked from the air buy the dealers/salespeople .

Quote:
Hi Folks,
Finally got to see the Figo in flesh and blood - ok in steel and petrol!
This was the green one at Harpreet Ford in Gurgaon.
FIRST IMPRESSION
Yikes! It's a small car! Yes, I know it would be since I went through GTOs fantastic report etc but still from the snaps I thought it would be a 'big' small car. Maybe it is, but to me it looked smaller than it is. However the boot looks bigger than is seen in the snaps.

My wife was put off by the size too...she now feels we should buy the Chevrolet UVA.

The car as such is a lovely one and thanks to the TBHP reviews, I knew much more about the car than the salesman...he had no idea that the rear seat bench folded before the backrest!

Now...UVA or Figo?

Regards

Jaideep.
Jaideep as you have shortlisted UVA as your no1 choice , if at all you want to compare it with other cars ,they should be from the same size category like the i20,Jazz,Fusion,Getz etc . Comparing it with FIGO and saying it is too small is not fair because the FIGO is from the i10,Ritz,Swift category. UVA is an older model and FIGO is a new car.

As to which car , well that depends on your needs ,your budget and what kind of looks you like.

@ Mustang - You were quoyting 3.5L for base petrol which you were pretty sure would be the correct price .Now it is 10,000 more. We have 2-3 more weeks to go and hopefully the price will not increase by 10K for every week .

Last edited by -NUT-case : 23rd February 2010 at 19:51.
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:44   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,
Finally got to see the Figo in flesh and blood - ok in steel and petrol!
This was the green one at Harpreet Ford in Gurgaon.
FIRST IMPRESSION
Yikes! It's a small car! Yes, I know it would be since I went through GTOs fantastic report etc but still from the snaps I thought it would be a 'big' small car. Maybe it is, but to me it looked smaller than it is. However the boot looks bigger than is seen in the snaps.

My wife was put off by the size too...she now feels we should buy the Chevrolet UVA.

The car as such is a lovely one and thanks to the TBHP reviews, I knew much more about the car than the salesman...he had no idea that the rear seat bench folded before the backrest!

Now...UVA or Figo?

Regards

Jaideep.

In my opinion I will not put my money on a car which is a generation old now UVA.

Figo is fairly big car do a proper TD to decide. Polo can also be a good option, I think it is a shade bigger than the Figo.

I am looking at a head to head comparative analysis from GTO
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:33   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Had fun driving the fiesta? Then you will be definitely amazed behind the wheel of the figo. My promise to all team-bhpians
Thank you very much dude, thats all i needed to know and after seeing your profile, i can be assured of your claim!!!
Old 24th February 2010, 08:28   #441
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
@ Mustang - You were quoyting 3.5L for base petrol which you were pretty sure would be the correct price .Now it is 10,000 more. We have 2-3 more weeks to go and hopefully the price will not increase by 10K for every week .

Sorry for that, i did get my figures wrong earlier, misread my mail & did give the base ex-showroom price as 3.5 lakhs, It is actually 3.6 lakhs.

Also some more good news, Ford India is actually delaying its price announcement as they are trying to launch the diesel at an even lower price, My friends in the management tell me that they are hoping to lower the price of all diesel models by 10-20K, If we at ford succeed the hope to see the ex-showroom delhi price of titanium diesel at Rs.530000-540000 instead of Rs.550000 .
Old 24th February 2010, 09:52   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for that, i did get my figures wrong earlier, misread my mail & did give the base ex-showroom price as 3.5 lakhs, It is actually 3.6 lakhs.

Also some more good news, Ford India is actually delaying its price announcement as they are trying to launch the diesel at an even lower price, My friends in the management tell me that they are hoping to lower the price of all diesel models by 10-20K, If we at ford succeed the hope to see the ex-showroom delhi price of titanium diesel at Rs.530000-540000 instead of Rs.550000 .

Good to hear that Ford is trying to lower the Diesel variant prices.
3.6 Lacs for base model looks fair enough, but I feel it is a bit under equipped as per Sid's scoop published elsewhere.

Split seats should have made its way atleast on the higher versions , it gives lot of practical space when you have some luggage to carry around. Figo has definitely missed out on that.

Hope Ford has in place stringent QC & vendor control process in place to delight its customers.

Mustang:- Any clue on the mileage figures for petrol/diesel
Old 24th February 2010, 10:12   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Lets forget the Figo for a moment. The UVA? Please, that's a sales disaster. Even GM has forgotten about the car!
DebnJai, don't Go by Opinions, Just test the car yourself. I for sure have seen a good number of product planning/marketing guys in GM who drive this car and have bought it in last 12 months or so. These guys, must be fully aware of "Beat" plans and still went for Uva. I Don't think it needs any better advt.

I own it, just bought 6 months back and I can tell you that. Extremely good car. So Solid, So Reliable, I won't even trade it for "Chevy Beat". Albeit, I am thinking of buying a 'Beat' as a second car for my family unless Figos & Polos turn out to be better value than 'Beat'.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:01   #444
BHPian

@ Mustang Thanks for the clarification. The number 3.5L somehow has that magical "Cheap" feel to it , which is lost when you say 3.6L. When you add about 30000 to 3.5 for the EXI, we can just about get it for app 4L OTR . Anyways 25th is the date the display cars will be in place . Will go and check it out in person and then will get an idea about its quality and size.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:17   #445
BHPian

Quote:

Now...UVA or Figo?
Actually the UVA is still a good looking car from all angles except the old style Maruti esteem headlights. If Chevrolet changes just that to a double barrel one like Fiat did to Palio the current UVA may live for another 3 to 4 years.

But the spyshots of the upcoming UVA look like a crossover between SX4 and Beat.

and guess the fairer sex loves the car. my wife too likes it a lot.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:47   #446
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the insider info.
Hope you aren't breaking any confidentiality agreement clauses with your employer by disclosing these numbers ....

Last edited by WindRide : 24th February 2010 at 11:48.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:32   #447
AAK

Nice review GTO!
Somehow Ford has managed to play spoilsport...
- Hydraulic power steering will eat up some power from already underpowered 1.2 engine.
- Manual window winders and climate control is a must for any high end hatch...and same is the tilt steering.
- The overall styling is also dull and one can see the age of the platfrom which was designed in 2003....Commn FORD...stop fooling Indians with old designs...gone are the days when Indias accept differetial design concept for different markets....
Old 24th February 2010, 16:22   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Jaideep as you have shortlisted UVA as your no1 choice , if at all you want to compare it with other cars ,they should be from the same size category like the i20,Jazz,Fusion,Getz etc . Comparing it with FIGO and saying it is too small is not fair because the FIGO is from the i10,Ritz,Swift category. UVA is an older model and FIGO is a new car.

As to which car , well that depends on your needs ,your budget and what kind of looks you like.
NUTcase, I am not very clear about the size differences. From what I get, there is a clear demarcation between the sub-4m and plus-4m category, primarily due to tax considerations. The other differentiation is in the goodies etc...premium and budget stuff etc. So at one end you have the Jazz, Fabia and i20 while the other end has the Getz, i10, Alto etc. Here the distinction is not so clear.

Now length wise the UV-A is the largest hatch in the not-premium segment at 3880mm with a wheel base of 2480mm and boot of 244l against the Figo's 3795mm and with a wheel base of 2489mm and 284l boot. This is a bit of a dichotomy since inspite of being a bigger hatch, the UVA has smaller wheel base, leading to less space in the rear seat.

Why these two figured in my selection was that we needed a big hatch, a safe hatch, at a budget. Unfortunately the Figo seemed big, that is where the confusion arose. The UVA also has ABS and driver side airbags and so it scored over the Getz.

I don't know if this is making sense to you all, but there it is.
Old 24th February 2010, 17:00   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Actually the UVA is still a good looking car from all angles except the old style Maruti esteem headlights.
Beauty is subjective, but IMO Headlights and Tail-Lights is what i like the Most, Quite similar treatment as spark and Aveo. Although a double Barrel Headlight would be much better. But having known that, I don't think there are any double barrrel Headlights in Sub 4 Lakh Category including swift. Pls correct me.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:04   #450
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post

Mustang:- Any clue on the mileage figures for petrol/diesel
PetroL : 15 KMPL
Diesel : 20 KMPL

In the City provided you dont drive like a maniac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Thanks for the insider info.
Hope you aren't breaking any confidentiality agreement clauses with your employer by disclosing these numbers ....
Well nobody here or at ford India can relate my ID ie. mustang.101 to my real name(that nobody at team-bhp knows) & If they decide to take action then they got to suspend all of their quality control operations

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks