Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 17:19   #526

I went to the showroom yesterday to see this car Figo. immediately after seeing this car we went Chevrolet showroom to see the new Beat.

my impressions are that the seats of Beat were much more cramped compared to Figo. I got a feeling that the seat was almost crushing me even the driver's seat was not feeling to the normal size. And for your information I am a very normal height man with 5'7" and a normal build.

the windows were too narrow in height to have a comfort comfortably viewing position. Especially the rear window is totally very small. and too high. and that is a great compromise Chevelet have made to create a funky design.

the rear seat space also in beat not as matches in the Figo.

I think these points will be the winning points for Figo.
Old 28th February 2010, 17:25   #527
BHPian

Could anyone here please tell me as to when would the official prices be announced? Figo Titanium seems interesting to me.
Old 28th February 2010, 17:48   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
Afaik thats how it works in all if not most cars, the entire seat does not move up, just the rear of the seat. In the end you are seated higher up right?
My getz is rudimentary so not sure! But it felt pretty different in i20. The key point to note is that your knees remain where they are if its only the depth that changes. And since the steering in figo is non-adjustable, tall people wont find the perfect spot simply by adjusting the depth of the seat.
Old 28th February 2010, 18:34   #529
BHPian

Saw the car yesterday at Cauvery Ford, Mangalore. Personally i thought the design was bit out-dated especially when compared to the new crop of hatchbacks.could be due to the chassis being bit aged!but thats alright for me though!!

After driving the palio 1.6, i guess i wont be too worried about the FE figures!! but i just love this engine-much better than the fiat 1.3 mjd that powers most hatches.absolutely no turbo-lag which is really great.i had driven an ikon tdci some time back and loved the engine!!

Just one doubt to all those who have driven it-does the lack of steering tilt adjust in anyway compromise a good driving position?i felt the fiesta had the best driving position compared to all sedans but that had tilt-steering!!

GTO after driving the polo too, what do you feel?
Old 28th February 2010, 20:06   #530
BANNED

I think we cannot compare polo with figo since these two have a price difference about 60k.
Old 28th February 2010, 21:35   #531
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I think we cannot compare polo with figo since these two have a price difference about 60k.
Figo TDCi with approx pricing given by Mustang.101 can be compared with Vista Quadrajet, Swift DDiS with respect to pricing.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:48   #532
BHPian

If Ford can keep the Figo TDci Titanium at 5.5L On-road here, I think they'll have a winner. Yes, the design is a little uninspiring but atleast its no more dated than the Punto which has been around since 2005. Of course, the fact that the Punto is a smasher is another thing altogether.

Given that the Figo is a bigger car with much more space for people and luggage, I think Ford has managed to do a Tata. With good quality interiors, decent equipment list and a good warranty package, the Figo is ready for the fight.

I still think the absence of rear power windows is a baffling omission. Its just too inexplicable to merit any intelligence.
Old 1st March 2010, 01:00   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
If Ford can keep the Figo TDci Titanium at 5.5L
Given that the Figo is a bigger car with much more space for people and luggage, I think Ford has managed to do a Tata. With good quality interiors, decent equipment list and a good warranty package, the Figo is ready for the fight.
Brother, since when has Tata started giving good quality interiors in their cars?
Old 1st March 2010, 05:24   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneekSoul View Post
Brother, since when has Tata started giving good quality interiors in their cars?
Have a look at Indica Vista and Manza interiors. You will be surprised.
Old 1st March 2010, 05:35   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Have a look at Indica Vista and Manza interiors. You will be surprised.
I have.
They are a great improvement but at the same price Maruti Suzuki Dezire's and Swift's interior quality and fit and finish is still better than Tata. But that's just my opinion. Please dont mind
Old 1st March 2010, 14:24   #536
BHPian

Here is the Official Brochure.

Everything seems to be going the Ford way and this car can rock the Hatchback market a lot but then the main concern in very one mind in the Petrol Engine Mileage!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Figo.pdf (534.9 KB, 832 views)
Old 1st March 2010, 16:22   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
There is no optional-pack to any variants per the sales guy at Pune.

And btw, the seat is not exactly height adjustible. Its actually depth adjustible or something! The seat height remains the same all thru. When you jack the seat up or down, its only the rear of the seat where your bums fit it, that moves up or down. So basically you can adjust the degree of depth of the seat and not the height.

bums adjustible seats that sounds a market first . i am having some issues with this and that missing from the standard list. like fogs lamps? but i am sure they are ad ons. and must be very cheap.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:28   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I am keen on the petrol version as my monthly driving will not exceed 1000-1500Km.

Mustang -So you mean to say that Petrol engine will not be able to able to match up in FE compared to the segment leaders Ritz/Swift/Polo ?

I am curious to know the ARAI FE figures.
yes i am interested in petrol verision too. is the engine refined and how is the AC function in the petrol variant of the figo. 70 bhp sounds very low. and is there a 1.6 planned for figo or its just our enthusiasm talking.
Old 1st March 2010, 17:12   #539
BANNED

Did Ford started the T.V ad that ford will be telecasting? Is it the same old promo video? I think there will be ad with voice description. Also i see that in the IPL ford will be there with figo ad.
Old 1st March 2010, 17:34   #540
Senior - BHPian

I have contacted the ISP provider, did all the damn checks, all the other websites are opening normally and yet, neither in my PC or laptop, the figo website (www dot fordfigo dot in) is not opening in any of my 3 web browsers, even after trying it for the past week.

WHY?
Below are the screenshots. The flash content does not load, even after I disabled the antivirus.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-untitled1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-untitled2.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-untitled3.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks