Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 13:41   #676
RGK
Senior - BHPian

In Tamil Nadu, the Life tax is the 8% of the invoice value of the vehicle plus road safety tax of Rs.2,000/-. The registration fees is Rs 200/-. This is what goes to the government. Almost all dealers charge some service charges to do this job which differs dealer to dealer and place to place.
The temp registration is valid for 1 month from the date. Even test drive vehicles are temp registered.

<<I think they are referring to the temprrary registration of the cars, with which you can drive for a stipulated amount of time. After that, you have to do a permanent registration. You might be knowing that it is mainly used when you buy from another place (may be dealer not present in your RTO jurisdiction), bring it to your place & register it.>>
Old 10th March 2010, 14:14   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
You mentioned that the Figo and Polo petrol are competitors and not the diesel. I was keen to know why? Even more when the Polo costs so much more than the Figo which has a better diesel engine.
you have a good habit of answering your own questions and saving us the trouble of finding an answer

"the Polo costs so much more than the Figo which has a better diesel engine"
and hence it's not worth comparing the 2 diesel versions.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:24   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
you have a good habit of answering your own questions and saving us the trouble of finding an answer

"the Polo costs so much more than the Figo which has a better diesel engine"
and hence it's not worth comparing the 2 diesel versions.
There you go again. Read the forum properly to know which is the better diesel engine! Am out of this childish tit-for-tat!
Old 10th March 2010, 14:46   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
There you go again. Read the forum properly to know which is the better diesel engine! Am out of this childish tit-for-tat!
Pleaseeeee..when did i say that the Polo diesel is better than ford diesel?

i can understand why you are confused.. you are defending the FIGO against Polo in another thread and hence the confusion.

even i'm tired of this tit-for-tat, but what made me post again and again is you tried hijacking my comparision of Petrol POLO and FIGO into a comparision of the diesel versions.

Last edited by Daewood : 10th March 2010 at 14:47.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:55   #680
Senior - BHPian

Guys just chill and stick to the discussion

now let me throw a question here - is this FIGO pricing going to result in a correction from the Hyundai and MSIL camps ?

can FORD sustain such prices or are they just offering this as intro for a brief period ?
Old 10th March 2010, 15:17   #681
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Heard that Figo Petrol booking is more in chennai
Old 10th March 2010, 15:20   #682
Senior - BHPian

Loved the colorado red on the Figo. I am thinking about the Titanium TDCi very seriosuly but only stopped when I think about Punto and those oh-so-gorgeous looks. Life is difficult... sigh!

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-tps_8436.jpg

Last edited by extreme_torque : 10th March 2010 at 15:21.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:23   #683
BHPian

Very good question.

Even my Dad suggested I wait and watch before buying.

I'm in mood to go ahead and get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys just chill and stick to the discussion

now let me throw a question here - is this FIGO pricing going to result in a correction from the Hyundai and MSIL camps ?

can FORD sustain such prices or are they just offering this as intro for a brief period ?
Old 10th March 2010, 15:26   #684
BHPian

List of deal breakers- Missing essential features on Ford Figo:

1. Rear seat NOT 60:40 spilt fold type
2. Not enough cubby holes for family with children (NO rear door storage space /NO deep map pockets on doors / only one back seat pocket)
3. Rear Seat NOT having Adjustable head rests
4. No adjustable Lumbar support for front seats
5. USB port missing in audio
6. No elctric Rear windows

May be Ford Figo makes TATA to decide to adjust/ amend rear seat arrangement set up in their Indica vista and improve to liberate a boot space to 290 liters, offer steering mount controls along with marginal price correction in the range of 20-25K for their top end Aura Plus.

Interesting to see Ford has cornered TATA on their trump card of SPACE.

Appears to me that Ford Figo will disturb TATA's Indica Vista big time. March 2010 sales of hatches will reveal something very interesting for customers.

Hopefully Tougher competition will nullify excise and road tax hikes to the hatch back car buyers in India.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:26   #685
BHPian

Does anyone know if Ford Figo prices will be increased during the course of the year or would it remain the same?
Old 10th March 2010, 15:38   #686
BHPian

Guys,

for TN, registration fee is 200 plus life tax 8% of ex show room price that is 39,952
RGK mentioned road safety tax of 2000 so if i add that its 41,952.

Why is ford dealership both Chennai and MPL ford quoting 48,752.
Also they have mentioned 4200 for Temp reg, Temp region cost is 2% of life tax in TN plus 200 rs.
do the vehicle needs temp registration before going for registration directly form the dealer??
Why are they charging 7,800 Rs more, is there a component that i missed?
Even if i add the claimed 4200, its 46,152

can someone explain this? Mustang any thoughts on this or the Mods
Both Chennai and MPL ford have the same break up for on road price.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:42   #687
BHPian

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ukamath/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]Here is a quick tech spec comparison of the petrol versions of all major contenders in the B segment.

Specifications
Ford Figo
Chevrolet Beat
Maruti Ritz
Hyundai i10
Fiat Punto
Maruti Swift
Tata Indica Vista
VW Polo
Engine Capacity (cc)
Power (ps)
Torque (nm @ rpm)
102 @ 4000
108 @ 4400
113 @ 4500
114 @4000
96 @ 2500
113 @4500
96 @ 3000
110 @ 3750
Length (mm)
Width (mm)
Ground Clearance (mm)
Wheelbase (mm)
Old 10th March 2010, 15:48   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Loved the colorado red on the Figo. I am thinking about the Titanium TDCi very seriosuly but only stopped when I think about Punto and those oh-so-gorgeous looks. Life is difficult... sigh!

[
+1 i am in the same boat
Old 10th March 2010, 15:54   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post

Attachment 304524
This is what i hate abt Ford the most! Here we have a gorgeous looking color and the car in the pic comes shod with alloys & fog lamps and may have quite a few goodies inside as well. But, we cant lay our hands on it yet!

In fact, for all you know, ford isnt giving these goodies on the current top end either to keep the costs low. But as they raise prices in about a quarter-2 Qs from now, which i'm sure they will, they may start providing these features as well!!

For those who demand premium features, i20 still remains the benchmark. I'm still leaning towards the I20 Asta for my brother. Just so slightly tho!
Old 10th March 2010, 15:58   #690
BHPian

Went for a small test drive of a RED petrol FIGO TITANIUM today.

Red colour looks good . Alloys will make it look much better. Some observations from me-
  • Rev happy engine - in other words you have to sit on the engine and whip it to get any sort of momentum going in 1st , 2nd and 3rd gears. Overtaking even in city traffic will have to be a preplanned move.
  • The engine is smooth and revs freely and feels quite refined. In cabin noise is very less ,especially in normal driving speeds.
  • Car handles very well.Brakes are good. But the steering is a little hard .
  • Car looks big but the space inside is not in anyway a segment benchmark. The vista is definitely much more spacious to sit in. Backseat is spacious for 2 and cramped for 3 people. Big boot when compared to Beat and Ritz.
  • The plastic lever for opening the doors feels really cheap and flimsy. Feels as if it is going to come off if u tug at it hard.(Really irritating as we handle this the most along with the indicator stalk, apart from the steering and gear)
  • Pressing the horn requires some effort.
  • The levers both for wiper and indicator feel cheap and flimsy as well.
  • Reaching for lever to adjust the position of the seat requires u to twist your body like a contortionist . The reason being the lever is in the middle of the seat and not to one side. So you have to reach for it in between your legs and the same time bending to the side as the steering is in front of you.
I would have preferred the gear lever to have been positioned a little more behind as i usually drive with one hand resting on the gear knob.
  • The gear shift is very smooth and short and so is the clutch which requires very little effort to depress.
  • The height adjust for the drivers seat is just a namesake. There is some sort of plate which tilts forward( raise the seat) and backwards(to lower the seat). In both the fully lowered and fully raised position the seat becomes extremely uncomfortable.
  • The electric adjustment for the ORVM is really good and works flawlessly.
  • The key with remote (in ZXI and TITANIUM) is really cool looking and is def something to showoff .
Test drove a car with a black dash and it looks much better than the coral colour. But the top of the dash is not flat but is rounded and slopes towards the windscreen.( Not very good to just throw things on it as you get into the car. Cleaning also will be a problem there as the slope of the windscreen and the slope of the dash will make it a little hard to access.
  • Boot can be opened remotely from inside and using remote button from the key.
  • Central locks works automatically as you gain speed and switch off.
These are some points i noticed.

@ Scorpio The temp registration charge of 4200 they have mentioned is only if you want to buy in chennai and regiter it somewhere else.

The extra charge in lifetime tax and registration as well as the high insurance quote, is dealer trying to make money on the sly.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 10th March 2010 at 16:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks