Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 20:01   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Should Figo be a success, then the only thing that might cause a worry is the waiting period.
Waiting period for a ford? If that happens, this might be the first time they are experiencing it in India.
Old 11th March 2010, 20:17   #737
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
has anyone seen the black interiors of the lower end versions (i think they wont have the the silver finish around stereo and a/c vents). Any idea on how good they look?
Go to Ford Figo website they have every thing there.

Last edited by jacksons : 11th March 2010 at 20:27.
Old 11th March 2010, 20:20   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Go to Ford Figo website they every thing there.
i think the photos show the high end version. I think the lower versions would have all black interiors with no silver finish on a/c vents and around stereo. Can someone confirm this.
Old 11th March 2010, 20:41   #739
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Oh That's great.

Congratulations, could probably be the first one on T-BHP. Which color did you opt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congratulations! What colour is it?
I change my booking from exi to zxi petrol when pricing was out. Colour is squeeze(Green). Also i opt for black dashboard. On road price is 440,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Waiting period for a ford? If that happens, this might be the first time they are experiencing it in India.
I don't think they will. Ford has a new plant 200,000 per year capacity. ie is 16,666 cars per month.

Where is maruti is having a old plant with more than 13 models to make.
Old 11th March 2010, 21:03   #740

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurian2804 View Post
Think you are forgetting about the torrid experience of owning a flimsily built Maruti over a long period of time when every possible component of your Maruti starts creating cosmic rattling sounds and every pothole is invitation to break your spine.
Figo and Polo might turn out be the saviour for such mentally rattled customers looking to be break free of Maruti.
+1
Bingo!
I am one of these customers... And yes, I am dying to get out...!!
Old 11th March 2010, 21:14   #741
BANNED

Quote:
I don't think they will. Ford has a new plant 200,000 per year capacity. ie is 16,666 cars per month
I don't think capacity is for initial production, it may gradually increase.
Old 11th March 2010, 21:38   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Which one you Test Drove - Petrol or Diesel ?
it was the diesel has anyone driven both. if so what do u prefer
Old 11th March 2010, 22:36   #743
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo review from NDTV! Hardly a review... more of a walk through of the design!

Last edited by anekho : 11th March 2010 at 22:41.
Old 11th March 2010, 22:46   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
it was the diesel has anyone driven both. if so what do u prefer
Diesel is obviously the pick of these two engines. I have driven Fiesta TDCi, I can tell Diesel is a fabulous drive in the city. Figo being a small car, it should only be better. Thats why people are raving about it.

But what car one will want/prefer is based on kms one clocks monthly. I would say a 80 - 1lakh premium for diesel is justified only if one does in excess of 1800kms a month.

Figo Petrol has also received decent reviews. I am sure it will also have good driveability in the city. I am keen on Test driving it this weekend. At its price point, I am sure Petrol will also sell well. We are looking for 2nd car at home that will do less than 1000kms a month. I think cars like Figo Petrol, Beat fits the bill. But Figo scores more on practicality and Beat scores on looks. I think engine performance should be more or less the same on both with Beat having edge on mileage. But, for a low running of 600 - 900kms it doest matter to me. So, Figo will do well for me on practicality front, for someone with looks as priority Beat will be the one.

Deciding what one wants in a car and then checking which cars meet the requirements best and at what price is the best way to go about.
Old 11th March 2010, 23:59   #745
BANNED

so i might sound like a geek but here's the deal... i was calculating the cost to own a petrol vs a diesel Figo. here in mumbai the OTR for the titanium version is Rs. 506,000 for petrol as against Rs. 603,000 for diesel, thats a difference of Rs 97,000. Assuming the price for Diesel @ Rs 37/ltr and Petrol to be @ Rs 52/ltr; and the FE for Diesel to 20km/l as opposed to 15km/l for petrol...

then a simple break-even analysis shows, you'll have to drive 60,000 kms on your Figo to get the same cost (not considering the cost of maintenance!! sorry, someone else might try to be more comprehensive). Simply put, if you intend to put more than 60,000 kms then go for the Diesel option, or else the Petrol will suffice
Old 12th March 2010, 00:02   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
I think there would be some waiting period involved, its more of a marketing gimmick I guess, its a tendency that if waiting period is involved then car is more popular and in demand.
Old 12th March 2010, 03:24   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
We did those comparison when we had to choose between Linea and Fiesta. On paper MJD did look better, but Test Drive swung it in favour of Fiesta. Fiesta had great pickup and was immensely more driveable in the city. Linea/Punto - the first gear was useless and it came to life only in 2nd n 3rd gears. Also there were couple of more factors which swung in favour of Fiesta.

Figo D is the pick of diesel hatches. If you want further confirmation you should do Test Drives. You will find despite the shortcomings in paper, it performs much better.
Thanks Rajivn, that does help a lot as the heart likes the 1.4duratorq - always
Old 12th March 2010, 07:15   #748
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Ford Figo review from NDTV! Hardly a review... more of a walk through of the design!

YouTube - CBS reviews Ford Figo
The full version of the review is here

Tubaah: CBS reviews Ford Figo
Old 12th March 2010, 08:20   #749
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
so i might sound like a geek but here's the deal... i was calculating the cost to own a petrol vs a diesel Figo. here in mumbai the OTR for the titanium version is Rs. 506,000 for petrol as against Rs. 603,000 for diesel, thats a difference of Rs 97,000. Assuming the price for Diesel @ Rs 37/ltr and Petrol to be @ Rs 52/ltr; and the FE for Diesel to 20km/l as opposed to 15km/l for petrol...

then a simple break-even analysis shows, you'll have to drive 60,000 kms on your Figo to get the same cost (not considering the cost of maintenance!! sorry, someone else might try to be more comprehensive). Simply put, if you intend to put more than 60,000 kms then go for the Diesel option, or else the Petrol will suffice
But the diesel would have higher resale value, right? Wouldnt that offset some of the higher price you pay initially?

Also, the petrol price will probably increase faster that diesel prices (at least that is the trend until now).

But again there is the opportunity (and interest) cost on the Rs 97k you are paying upfront for the diesel.

There is no easy calculation on this. I have heard people say that you need to drive at least 50 kms a day to justify buying a diesel.. But it is based on calculations, which are not holistic (and so incorrect)....
Old 12th March 2010, 09:07   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post

Well, you aren't a geek dude. The calculations are correct. To put it in another way, if the monthly usage is around 1500-1600 Kms, the advantage of diesel can be taken in about 4-5 years.

The factors that need to be considered are
Initial Cost difference between Petrol and diesel car
Mileage
Fuel Efficiency
Maintenance Cost
Interest burden due to extra loan amount for diesel or Loss of investment opportunity for the extra amount
Resale value

Do the maths and figure. Read more here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vs-diesel.html

P.S: If you love the rev happy ford petrols, then you'll sorely miss them in the diesels.

In my experience, the petrol fiesta transforms to a beast after 3K RPM;the diesel's breath goes off at that RPM. Everytime I fill up a tank the petrol Fiesta says DTE, 370-385 Kms;the diesel fiesta says DTE-685 Kms. Lot of heartburn there. So it's kind of heart vs brain decision also

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post

There is no easy calculation on this. I have heard people say that you need to drive at least 50 kms a day to justify buying a diesel.. But it is based on calculations, which are not holistic (and so incorrect)....
Please check the calculations in the above mentioned thread. It might help.

Last edited by kiku007 : 12th March 2010 at 09:12.

Most Viewed