Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 01:21   #856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I saw a Fiesta hatch here in Germany. Are these Fiesta hatches already in production and use in countries other than India?
The Fiesta was always a hatch in Europe for the past decade. Only in India it was introduced as a sedan.
Old 16th March 2010, 01:39   #857
BHPian

Anti drip wiping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post

and for the sake of god. what is anti drip wiping? i am trying to find out but i have no clue.
Just making a guess here based on the wiping system of the Fiesta.

Generally when use the wipers using the Washer system, there is a blast of the washer fluid from the nozzles and a couple of wipes (swipes) from the blades.

Now in case of the fiesta and i guess its the same for figo, after the 2 wipes, there is a 2-3 sec delay and then an additional swipe of the blade.
This ensures that the water that drips after the initial blade swipes gets cleared too. This should be the anti-drip wiping they are referring to !
Old 16th March 2010, 01:52   #858
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the Figo petrol with 'titanium' package and enjoyed the drive. The interior is well laid out and feels like a bigger car. The petrol banger is adequate which is right for it's intended market segment. As a vfm porduct, nothing really comes close. The sound system is pretty good too. The only peeves are the notchy gear and the uninspiring rear. I hope Ford redesigns the rear a bit, especially the lights with the model upgrades. A proper contoured bumper will also lift the car's looks a bit. If one is looking for a roomy, economical and easy to drive car for a great price then look no further.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-chennai-398-large.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-chennai-401-large.jpg  

Old 16th March 2010, 09:05   #859
BHPian

Man, does the red one look good or what?

Superb... Am getting seriously tempted... want to buy a fiesta but that does not come in red (my fav color).

@ Mustang - any plans to add additional colors? aquarius blue would be a good option and so would be the maroonish red..
Old 16th March 2010, 09:06   #860
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaharshad View Post
I have a question for experts - I want to fix alloy wheels post purchasing. Will I benefit in any ways if i choose for a 13" alloys and fixing 185/70 profile tyres???
Get the OEM alloys which are 14" or buy same size ones from the market. Also keep the tire size same as originals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Mustang.101, just out of curiosity, can we know what deceleration value triggers the hazards ? And if triggered, when, or under what conditions are they switched off ?
I have no idea as This is am imported part & i dont know much about its technical specifications. I just know how it works & the min speed above which it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
96kph is 60 mph and this may be a feature designed for UK. I once had an auto bang into me from behind at 45 kph...its relevant at low speeds too.
Well we considered to lower the value of the min speed above which this mechanism comes into play but decided it to remain as it is as

1) Designed only for highways

2) In a city like delhi or mumbai or any metro for that matter, emergency braking is a common thing at speeds of about 50-60-70 kmph so we did a test in chennai during traffic & found out that in 10 kms , The blinkers went off an astonishing 39 times which made us look really stupid. The limit at that time was set at 60 kmph.

3) Plus the risk of extensive damage to the vehicle & its passengers only comes into play during a whiplash injury when a car with a relative velocity (check definition before asking questions) of about 60 kmph collides with the figo at the rear.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 16th March 2010 at 09:08.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:18   #861
Team-BHP Support

Mustang, where exactly is the air intake of the Figo TDCi located. It seems to be terminating near the left fender. Does it go into the wheel arch similar to the Fiesta?

I'm asking cause my uncle who had a Fiesta had to undergo an engine rebuild when he was driving through ankle deep water and an indica splashed him from the left side resulting in engine stalling. Ford gave a bill for 85K for new piston's conrods and lots of other internal components.

This after Ford had advertised that the Fiesta was tested for wading through 0.5m of water.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford_figo_02.jpg

Also the front beam which is black in colour in pic below. Where the radiator is mounted and headlamps fixed. Is that metal or plastic? Usually it is body coloured and solid metal.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:29   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Man, does the red one look good or what?

Superb... Am getting seriously tempted... want to buy a fiesta but that does not come in red (my fav color).

@ Mustang - any plans to add additional colors? aquarius blue would be a good option and so would be the maroonish red..
Seriously my friend, the Figo looks super gorgeous in red. FORD should advertise this color more.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:30   #863
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Mustang, where exactly is the air intake of the Figo TDCi located. It seems to be terminating near the left fender. Does it go into the wheel arch similar to the Fiesta?

Attachment 308647

Also the front beam which is black in colour in pic below. Where the radiator is mounted and headlamps fixed. Is that metal or plastic? Usually it is body coloured and solid metal.
Yes you are right, It is terminating near the left fender & yes it is similar to the fiesta. It is designed to wade through 0.5 m of water, There must be some other problem with your uncle's car.

Actually the black thing you are seeing is very hard plastic but it is just a cover kind of a thing but there is solid metal underneath it where the headlamps & radiator are fixed. You cant see the body colored part here , only a hint of it you can see behind the less visible headlight & this runs all the way (underneath that black plastic you are seeing to the other headlamp assembly.

The headlamp nuts that you are seeing bolted to this black plastic are actually drilled through this black plastic & then bolted to the body colored structural beam underneath.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 16th March 2010 at 09:34.
Old 16th March 2010, 10:11   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
As per my dealer, I can get one tomorrow if i change my color option to white or chill. But i decided to wait. Squeeze zxi 1.2 will be available this week itself to me.
Are you going for the petrol or diesel? Do post an initial review once you get your hands on the car. Yours should be among the first few on team bhp!
Old 16th March 2010, 10:14   #865
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes you are right, It is terminating near the left fender & yes it is similar to the fiesta. It is designed to wade through 0.5 m of water, There must be some other problem with your uncle's car.

Actually the black thing you are seeing is very hard plastic but it is just a cover kind of a thing but there is solid metal underneath it where the headlamps & radiator are fixed. You cant see the body colored part here , only a hint of it you can see behind the less visible headlight & this runs all the way (underneath that black plastic you are seeing to the other headlamp assembly.

The headlamp nuts that you are seeing bolted to this black plastic are actually drilled through this black plastic & then bolted to the body colored structural beam underneath.
Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why it looked like plastic. Being the front impact beam it had to be metal.

Actually my uncles car was just over a year old and there was no other problem at all. The hefty bill was because after the car stalled the driver tried to crank it causing more damage.

They did diagnose that water had entered through the air intake near the fender.

Just trying to figure out how that air intake gets cold air? Is it from the wheel well above the tyre or does it get routed to the front bumper?
Old 16th March 2010, 11:29   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why it looked like plastic. Being the front impact beam it had to be metal.

Actually my uncles car was just over a year old and there was no other problem at all. The hefty bill was because after the car stalled the driver tried to crank it causing more damage.

They did diagnose that water had entered through the air intake near the fender.

Just trying to figure out how that air intake gets cold air? Is it from the wheel well above the tyre or does it get routed to the front bumper?
I feel this is a very valid concern and a fantastic question. I would love to more about this. Can someone on the Forum post a picture of the air intake(for the Figo) and the one from the Fiesta as well?
Old 16th March 2010, 11:36   #867

TD of petrol figo (twice)

Test drove the petrol figo twice over the weekend. Would like to add that I am comparing it against the i10 Magna which I have booked and am on the verge of cancelling.

Things I loved:
  • Super quiet engine - Can hardly hear it starting or running at the traffic lights.
  • Sure handling. Car seems grounded at all times. Tried a few fast bends and there was no noticeable body roll. The steering also seemed responsive and in control at the bends.
  • Braking was good. Although I didn't bring it to a complete halt but did break from high speeds and it seemed to be well callibrated.
  • The clutch, break and accelerator pedals are light and easy. I had found the clutch on the i10 really hard and it seemed to give a strong recoil.
  • Car build. Seems more in the fiat mould with heavy doors and a nice sturdy feel. Comparing against my current Alto and potential i10, I would feel safer in this car.
  • A.C is a chiller (enough spoken about it already in the forum).
  • Electric ORVM's are a boon. I'm someone who first puts the seatbelt on and then makes the adjustments. The number of times I've to remove the belt and bend over to adjust the left ORVM is most annoying. This feature for me is priceless.
  • The OEM stereo is the best I've heard(better than one on the sportz). Tested at higher volumes with my own CD's and the speakers didn't crack. Not in the league of the after market ones but will do.
  • Bluetooth feature is excellent. I could pair it and co-incidentally take a call from office while I was driving. It was crystal clear. I think it even lets you redial missed calls but I'm not sure. Can pair upto 7 or 8 phones I think.
  • Auto lock and unlock features are standard as in other cars but useful.
  • Price point is a killer. It is definitely VFM especially the ZXI.
Other small things:
  • Didn't notice the volume co-ordinated with speed feature as such although it was on. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention.
  • The RDS (radio data service) feature is useless at this point since the FM stations don't transmit the required information yet.
  • Hate the fact that the lane and turn indicators are on the wrong side. Even after knowing it upfront, reminding myself and going on the second test drive, I still ended up starting the wipers.
  • The lane change indication (three blinks on a tap) might not be useful after all since you don't always get to change lanes the first time you want to and the blinks go off far too quickly. I ended up finally using the turn indicators, changing lanes and then turning the indicators off.
  • Lack of power windows at the back and the fact that back windows don't go down all the way.
  • Fuel efficiency is a worry. Let's say that it's not proven yet. It might well turn out to be acceptable.
  • Compared to the i10, power and acceleration is way too low. Personally I'm okay with it. I understand that this is a city car and I'm going to be using it in the city 90% of the time.
  • I don't agree to some of the posts which talk about tractability in the second gear. I did have to downshift to first when I slowed down. The engine seemed a little too complaining when I tried to drive off in the second.
  • My wife is of the opinion that the seats are harder than the i10, the ride quality is harder and bumpier than the i10.
  • My wife also feels that the gearshifts are much smoother and slicker in the i10. I kind of agree.
  • The hydraulic power steering seems a little resistive while taking a U-Turn. The electronic one on the i10, seems like you can do U-Turns using a finger. However, as GTO and others point out, the hydraulic one gives much more feedback and seems truer.
On trying to buy:
  • The sales staff can surely be more knowledgeable (differently put, I have turned wiser with a team-bhp membership ). I had to end up configuring the stereo myself after going through the manual. The company has done a good job with the product marketing but the dealers and sales don't compliment them. Right next to the display car was a large cutout highlighting the differences between the variants. When I asked the sales rep where the chrome finish on the applique was, he was clueless. He was unable to point out the exterior differences between the ZXI and Titanium. I ended up showing him.
  • Lack of corporate discounts. The dealers won't budge despite me promising him upto four bookings together. Disappointing but maybe their numbers are good at the moment.
  • Coral is definitely not to my liking. After promising me delivery of sea-grey (with ebony black) on 21st Sunday (my birthday), the dealer backed out when I actually asked for a commitment.
  • One dealer promised the standard accessories (dicky mat, door mat etc.). Says the cost of it all is 3000 rs. Funny, I thought.
  • I'm now in the final rounds of decision making. i10 Magna 1.2 costs me 3.83L -ex showroom while Figo ZXI costs 4L.
Questions for the group:
  1. Mustang, does not having rear-windows go down all the way give cost savings? Why omit this feature? Can one fit power windows as an after market?
  2. Can someone post actual fotos of the car in chill color. I might want to go for that color.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:49   #868
BANNED

I have something about the new fiesta clearing the fact about "the water going in the air duct" thing.

See the full video.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:01   #869
BHPian

Superb Video - the military guy on the right looks like Amitabh Bachan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I have something about the new fiesta clearing the fact about "the water going in the air duct" thing.

See the full video.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:08   #870
Team-BHP Support

Lol. Mustang this is the new Fiesta. Looks more like a SUV and is super tall. The Fiesta here is a super low sedan and so is the Figo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks