Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 10:31   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Striking similarities! Punto appears more sleek and neat for me.
Nobody can beat Italians in their design and road handling!
Old 20th March 2010, 10:48   #1007
Senior - BHPian

LOL agreed design wise the Italians are good but handling? A German car will always handle better and lets not forget German engineering which is undoubtedly the best.
And just my 2 paise here but I think the figo handles slightly better than the punto this is my opinion after Tding both.

anyway people lets leave the punto and the Italians and Germans out of this thread. This thread is for the Figo
Old 20th March 2010, 11:16   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Just comparing the design cues of Americans and Italians!
joethomasv's Figo and Googled Punto.
I had the same problem with the Punto (the driver seat leg space) being tall. If you look at the position of the front wheels with respect to the overall length of the car, you will notice why the leg space and overall interior space (rear as well) is more in the Figo than the VW or the Punto.
Old 20th March 2010, 11:22   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Just comparing the design cues of Americans and Italians!
joethomasv's Figo and Googled Punto.
I had the same problem with the Punto (the driver seat leg space) being tall. If you look at the position of the front wheels with respect to the overall length of the car, you will notice why the leg space and overall interior space (rear as well) is more in the Figo than the VW or the Punto.
Old 20th March 2010, 12:32   #1010
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

Ford fusion is out of production since probably october or november -2009, however they declared that it has been discontinued only January -2010.

Sorry but you cant get a new ford fusion right now as i was the last person in the whole nation to buy a new ford fusion , I took delivery of the vehicle on jan 4th, 2010. It was the last ford fusion to be ever sold in India. However you can get an awesome deal on a used ford fusion.
Mustang, why did you go fusion? You already have a ikon, so you could go for figo or fiesta. I don't get it how one needs a fusion and ikon.

Can you tell me your point of view?

Last edited by mkerala : 20th March 2010 at 12:35.
Old 20th March 2010, 12:38   #1011
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Mustang, why did you go fusion? You already have a ikon, so you could go for figo or fiesta. I don't get it how one needs a fusion and ikon.

Can you tell me your point of view?

Well here it is

Ikon 1.6 Rocam= more power , less space

Fusion+ 1.4 TDCI= Less Power , More space

& both are a joy to drive, I intend to replace my Ikon with the next gen fiesta.

Why i went for the Fusion over the figo was because the fusion is little more spacious & has a mini SUV feel to it which makes it easier for my parents to get in-out & i am a sucker for 'Butch' looks. Also I got a Rs.70000 discount & I always loved the fusion & went for it.
Old 20th March 2010, 12:43   #1012
BANNED

Quote:
I always loved the fusion & went for it.
I always loved the Fusion too. Would have bought it if Fusion+ came with airbags.

Figo is great VFM -- but it doesnt appeal to me as much as Fusion did
Old 20th March 2010, 14:28   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
- I did not get a chance to take it on a long drive or speeds greater than 50kmph. Do the stock tires need to be changed for stability? Any recommendations?

Ford does not seem to have the extended warranty package yet (beyond 2 years).
Change Stock Tyres? Why? Are you buying a Maruti D?

The extended warranty for 2 yrs come to Rs.7980/- for the TDCi.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:50   #1014
BHPian

Dunno if its a price drop - but the Punto is Rs 4.57 for the 1.2 Classic and comes with a complimentary Music Stereo.

Damn - just shows that the Figo is real VFM.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:53   #1015
Distinguished - BHPian

Figo Petrol Drive

Had driven the Figo diesel earlier. Drove the Figo petrol when I went to drop my Fiesta for service.

IMHO the petrol engine feels underpowered compared to the say i10 1.1L irde.

Compared to my Ikon (BHP:70PS/5500;Torque:105/2500) the Figo Petrol (BHP:71/6250;Torque:102/4000) was painfully slow. The engine had to be worked up the revs to perform. Definite NO for a petrol head!

The torquey Duratorq diesel is the one to go for.

Here's some info I got from the Sales rep I knew there,
  • Music/Communication System
    1. On some occasions, while streaming music over the bluetooth it will drop off and then reconnect.
    2. At times it takes the bluetooth pairing with the mobile phone happens only at the second or third time.
    3. It's from Visteon apparently.
  • Squeeze and Sea Grey colour will take a long time to deliver.
Had a look at the red, white, sea grey, silver, squeeze and chill mettallic colour Figos. Red is HOT
There's no LXi, EXi, ZXi badging. Only the Titanium has the version badge. Good step.

@ Mustang - You took a Figo Petrol to 150Km/h? That should have taken ages!

And finally, the sales rep had a good reply for the lack of rear power windows --> "Sir the figo rear window is 2 1/2 feet long;the swift's is 1 1/2 feet long. The advantage is you get a very large glass area. The disadvantage is we don't have place to roll down such a big window"
Old 20th March 2010, 15:12   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
If you look at the position of the front wheels with respect to the overall length of the car, you will notice why the leg space and overall interior space (rear as well) is more in the Figo than the VW or the Punto.
The front wheels look like they are farther away from the nose in Punto or Polo because they both are a good 200 mm longer than Figo.
The Figo has a shortened nose with very little space between the grill and radiator.
Old 20th March 2010, 15:29   #1017
BHPian

thanks kiku ! I'll take a TD and check it out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
IMHO the petrol engine feels underpowered compared to the say i10 1.1L irde.

Compared to my Ikon (BHP:70PS/5500;Torque:105/2500) the Figo Petrol (BHP:71/6250;Torque:102/4000) was painfully slow. The engine had to be worked up the revs to perform. Definite NO for a petrol head!
Old 20th March 2010, 16:14   #1018
BHPian

@mustang<Sorry but you cant get a new ford fusion right now as i was the last person in the whole nation to buy a new ford fusion. It was the last ford fusion to be ever sold in India. >

Are you sure about it? because one of my friends booked a fusion this week.
As regards to punto (tested it thoroughly)ride is class best at all speeds,better than a fiesta also in straight line stability.handling about the same though might not be as chuckable at low speeds.fabia has the best low speed ride none of the jiggly feel you have while driving on city roads with figo.That being said fords transform their ride and handling into class best as the speeds rise(>80 kph)
Old 20th March 2010, 17:02   #1019
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
@ Mustang - You took a Figo Petrol to 150Km/h? That should have taken ages!
It did take a longer time than the diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I would agree. IMO Fabia is the best handler in its class, followed closely by Figo and then the Punto. The Punto is the best looker by far though. Generally I think Germans make the best handling mass cars in the world followed by Ford of Europe.
I agree with you, The punto is definitely a looker with that maserati nose & looks wise it is best in class.

About the germans, If you are referring to BMW & Porsche then i agree, but ford europe arguably makes two of the best hatchbacks in the world:

The Fiesta ST(previous gen fiesta on which figo is based) & the Focus RS & now the new fiesta hatch is actually even more fun than the focus RS (not power wise but handling wise)

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 20th March 2010 at 17:04.
Old 20th March 2010, 18:34   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It did take a longer time than the diesel.

I agree with you, The punto is definitely a looker with that maserati nose & looks wise it is best in class.

About the germans, If you are referring to BMW & Porsche then i agree, but ford europe arguably makes two of the best hatchbacks in the world:

The Fiesta ST(previous gen fiesta on which figo is based) & the Focus RS & now the new fiesta hatch is actually even more fun than the focus RS (not power wise but handling wise)
Yes I did have BMW and Mercedes in mind when I said German. I forgot that VW is German too. I would add the Golf to the list of the best handling hatchbacks as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks