Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 13:57   #931
Senior - BHPian

I drove a TDCi Titanium. The sound insulation inside cabin was ok. I later sat inside a lower end version and started the engine. It seemed more sound was entering inside the cabin. Could there be a difference in the sound insulation between models or was it just my feeling.

And there is some good news too. The Exi Comes with Tachometers though The Brochure says that they dont.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:02   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

And there is some good news too. The Exi Comes with Tachometers though The Brochure says that they dont.
Techo in Exi model that great news, all ford brochures says there is none. Thats definitely a good news for people who want to go in for lower variants.

Thanks geminithomas for that bit of info.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:10   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Why is it so ?? Is it only for the diesel which would be upgraded(?) for BS4 or for the petrol also ?
Thats what the sales person told me, How much of it is true that I honestly don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
WOW!! are you sure about this?? I have booked the Exi A tachometer with this is just great. I didn't want the Zxi thanks to the Vibrant Coral IP which I personally didn't like
Old 17th March 2010, 14:30   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Thats what the sales person told me, How much of it is true that I honestly don't know.

WOW!! are you sure about this?? I have booked the Exi A tachometer with this is just great. I didn't want the Zxi thanks to the Vibrant Coral IP which I personally didn't like
The Coral ip is optional on the Zxi. It means if you decide to opt for the Zxi, you can choose the Ebony Black Ip instead.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:33   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T
I didn't want the Zxi thanks to the Vibrant Coral IP which I personally didn't like
Hey Captain you can get a normal black instead of an optional Coral , do checkout with your dealer. I am sure about this.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:57   #936
BHPian

I think that the 21K is worth it.
Driver Height Adjust
Electric ORVM
Cargo Area Lamp
Bluetooth
Rear Wash/Defogger
Option of Coral IP.

Quote:
On road price in Bangalore 4,52 for the EXI Petrol.
I might upgrade to the EXI. Do you guys think the ZXI being 21k more worh the deal?

Last edited by Brix : 17th March 2010 at 15:09.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:22   #937
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Can Bluetooth be enabled outside after buying an Exi.
In Delhi sales guys (other brand dealers also)are saying that Road Tax is going to increase after April 1st - Is this true?
Old 17th March 2010, 16:20   #938
BHPian

It was listed as an accessory -
27 FORD AUDIO KIT - BLUETOOTH 17500
Better to get the ZXI itself.

The Excise Duty has been hiked. Expect the price to go up by 6-7K for the ZXI. Besides, its too late already. 17th is the cutoff date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Can Bluetooth be enabled outside after buying an Exi.
In Delhi sales guys (other brand dealers also)are saying that Road Tax is going to increase after April 1st - Is this true?
Old 17th March 2010, 16:42   #939
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
It was listed as an accessory -
27 FORD AUDIO KIT - BLUETOOTH 17500
Better to get the ZXI itself.

The Excise Duty has been hiked. Expect the price to go up by 6-7K for the ZXI. Besides, its too late already. 17th is the cutoff date.
Yes but that includes Audio System also. I am asking whether can we enable bluetooth in the existing Audio of EXi.
Old 17th March 2010, 16:47   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yeah I noticed the same in the front. The radiator literally touches the front bumper. One member actually found a damaged one earlier.

Mustang101 any thing about the radiator? Why is it so close to the front bumper?

It can't be the length as the Figo is 3795mm that means another 20cms to go before the 4m length cap.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1752158-post475.html

Ps: pics are there in the post as well above.
You probably wont get an answer for that! Its been brought up 3 times!! And its the a/c condensor that costs around 13k on the fiesta!
Old 17th March 2010, 17:59   #941
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
are you sure the ORVM fold outwards, coz i didnt chk it and the sales person mentioned that it doesn't.
can someone planning to take a TD chk it and let us know
Yes, I am sure, My fusion mirrors are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yeah I noticed the same in the front. The radiator literally touches the front bumper. One member actually found a damaged one earlier.

Mustang101 any thing about the radiator? Why is it so close to the front bumper?
There is a reason for this, Some of this attributes to the BS4 norms because of some modifications. Although it wont cause a problem as it is still a good 8 cms away from the front bumper, Also it looks more prominent as the windows are wide open there.
Also are you going to buy a car to bang it into another. I doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
You probably wont get an answer for that! Its been brought up 3 times!! And its the a/c condensor that costs around 13k on the fiesta!
Hahaha maybe you should wait for people to come back home after their jobs.

Your answer is right above this.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 17th March 2010 at 18:01.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:57   #942
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the TDCI Titanium today in chennai and following are my comments/observations.

- The ORVM's do fold outwards, however they dont fold completely.
- The doors didnt need much effort to close which i liked, the boot does require some effort to close though!
- Im short in stature and found in my ideal driving position, the center console to be rubbing against my knee. I had the exact same problem earlier in the Fiesta too, and this is a major concern for me. I'm not sure if i can get adjusted to this with time, can someone comment?
- Visibility is excellent all around, found the interiors to be pretty good too.
- Car looks classy in white, personal preference though.
- I currently drive a Swift VDI and found the acceleration and initial response to be a little less compared to the swift. Im more a sedate driver and hence this isnt a real concern for me.
- I felt at home as soon as i started driving the car, fantastic space utilisation inside. Horn sounded very feeble though.
- Build quality miled ahead than the swift, OEM stereo was acceptable. Brakes had good bite.
- NVH levels very much acceptable for a diesel, infact found them to be on par with my VDI. Also, didnt notice the shudder during engine shut off very prominent or a cause of concern. A little more than my VDI which also has a mild shudder when shutting down.
- I was not able to take it to higher speeds and would seek some feedback from people who have done so. My confidence level goes down once my swift crosses the 120 Kmph barrier and i find it to be not very stable, Crosswinds tends to unsettle it a bit and EPS too plays spoilsport. Can someone comment on this point wrt to Figo, as i primarily use my car for highway runs.

Overall, excellent package and definitely much more superior compared to the swift i have for the past 2 years now. Also, I would like to seek some feedback on the service experience of Ford in chennai from the fellow members and recommendations. I wasn't very impressed with the Figo to start with, but definitely my impression has changed after i checked out the car in person.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:58   #943
Senior - BHPian

Mustang.101
Is it true that even the Exi comes with a tachometer? can you please confirm this?

Also today a friend wanted to book a figo petrol but the dealers are saying 3-4 weeks waiting! Is this just some kind of hype being cooked up by the dealers or is there really so much demand?

Now I'm worried too. I hope I get my car soon.

I don't want the figo to go the swift way where we have to wait 3 months for a hatch back lol
Old 17th March 2010, 19:21   #944
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Actually the black thing you are seeing is very hard plastic but it is just a cover kind of a thing but there is solid metal underneath it where the headlamps & radiator are fixed. You cant see the body colored part here , only a hint of it you can see behind the less visible headlight & this runs all the way (underneath that black plastic you are seeing to the other headlamp assembly.

The headlamp nuts that you are seeing bolted to this black plastic are actually drilled through this black plastic & then bolted to the body colored structural beam underneath.
Hi Mustang.101,

I went and checked the car out at Metro Ford. Was very impressed with the TDCi and it's on my shortlist.

I carefully observed the black plastic beam I mentioned earlier and can confirm that there is no metal underneath. It is a full solid plastic beam and headlamp screws are mounted directly on the plastic. The sales guy thought I was crazy but when I tried telling him what I was looking out for, he got a torch and showed me that it's full plastic even below. There is no metal anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
There is a reason for this, Some of this attributes to the BS4 norms because of some modifications. Although it wont cause a problem as it is still a good 8 cms away from the front bumper, Also it looks more prominent as the windows are wide open there.
Also are you going to buy a car to bang it into another. I doubt.
Thanks for the reply. I am not going to bang it obviously, but such fender benders are pretty common in Bangalore. Apart from body work/bumper repair I would not like to see a condenser added in my repair bill.

As you can see with the pictures the condenser in one showroom car has already been damaged with no visible body damage.

This is also related to my earlier point about the black plastic beam.

A slight hard bump and that will also crack/break. This means the beam will have to be replaced, the condenser may be damaged and some body work.

Expect heavy bills when you have a bump for sure.

Another observation which is not mentioned in the brochure. The ZXi does not have the plastic moulding around the handbrake that houses the bottle holder for rear passengers. The plastic moulding below the gear stick extending up to the handbrake is there only on the Titanium.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 17th March 2010 at 19:25.
Old 17th March 2010, 19:36   #945
Senior - BHPian

vid, does this mean there is no dog bar in the Figo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks