Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 16:55   #976
BANNED

Well I took test drive of Figo Petrol two days back and it drives well for the city, I am very sedate driver so I didn't rip it.
For the price its very sedate engine, can't call it under power or with a great power either. its more tuned for fuel efficiency than racing.
I am going for it.
more about the car has been already said by many others so I am not going to repeat, though one thing I want to mention is that car is very roomy.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:01   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Can anybody do a TD of the Petrol and give some layman feedback.

Or is it that the Petrol is so bad that no one is touching it?
Brix, if this is of any help, I had TD'ed the petrol and its refined and silent at idle as well as tootling-around-town speeds. Some people say that they needed to frequently downshift to coax the momentum they wanted from it in certain situations, but being a (mostly) very sedate driver, I made no such demands from the car and found it quite okay.
Most of all though, its the fantastic VFM pricing which is the main reason to go for the Figo petrol.

PS : Can anyone who has driven the Vista Saffire also do a quick drive of the Figo for us and tell us how they both *feel* in comparison ?
Old 18th March 2010, 17:03   #978
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Mustang 101 Please inform your publicity / website maintenance team to correct this mistake, Exi still shows that it does not have a tachometer.

Please refer to my previous post where I have shown a screen-shot highlighting the anomaly.
I'll surely inform them, Dont know if they respond or not. They are a bunch of duffers i believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that plastic moulding/bottleholder for rear seats around the handbrake lever is only available on the Titanium?
I did not quite get what you are asking for?
In the picture you posted, The bottleholder is there just behind the handbrake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Can anybody do a TD of the Petrol and give some layman feedback.

Or is it that the Petrol is so bad that no one is touching it?
Brix, I have done like 1000 kms in that car & its an absolute joy to drive.
However you can TD one right away & find out the answers.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:08   #979
BANNED

Hey I got a really nice video of the previous gen ford fiesta, Now i know this is not the Figo but its actually almost the same car with a different engine & some tunings to the suspension.

The chasis & platform & gearbox are the same. Check it out.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th March 2010 at 17:26.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:27   #980
BANNED

Another video!

Old 18th March 2010, 17:45   #981
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I did not quite get what you are asking for?
In the picture you posted, The bottleholder is there just behind the handbrake.
The pic I posted was from GTO's review. This is from the Titanium version.

I saw 2 ZXi petrol models at Metro Ford
and both did not have that entire plastic piece around the handbrake lever. It was the leather wrapped lever and exposed carpeting till the gear shift lever.

The titanium diesel did have it.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:48   #982
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The pic I posted was from GTO's review. This is from the Titanium version.

I saw 2 ZXi petrol models at Metro Ford
and both did not have that entire plastic piece around the handbrake lever. It was the leather wrapped lever and exposed carpeting till the gear shift lever.

The titanium diesel did have it.
I think all ZXi should have it, let me check.
Old 18th March 2010, 19:07   #983
Senior - BHPian

For some reason my pictures didn't show up in my previous post ? I think my images had the .jpg and not the .JPG

I'm trying the pictures again hope it works this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img0034a.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img0035a.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img0036a.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img0037a.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img0038a.jpg  

Old 18th March 2010, 19:20   #984
BHPian

Thanks jacksons!

I'm a sedate driver too. Just odd moments of speed. To have an idea of the acceleration, I compared it to the WagonR figures, and it looked like the petrol Figo took longer to reach 60 and 100.

But am looking more for the luxury and FE part rather than acceleration.

I drive 20KM daily in a moderate traffic. And this car seems perfect for it.
Only pinch seems to be the FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Well I took test drive of Figo Petrol two days back and it drives well for the city, I am very sedate driver so I didn't rip it.
For the price its very sedate engine, can't call it under power or with a great power either. its more tuned for fuel efficiency than racing.
I am going for it.
Yes sajo - VFM seems to be the word for me too. The Beat seems to be the only other car giving such VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Brix, if this is of any help, I had TD'ed the petrol and its refined and silent at idle as well as tootling-around-town speeds. Some people say that they needed to frequently downshift to coax the momentum they wanted from it in certain situations, but being a (mostly) very sedate driver, I made no such demands from the car and found it quite okay.
Most of all though, its the fantastic VFM pricing which is the main reason to go for the Figo petrol.
Thanks Mustang - I did try the Perungudi showroom, but they have only the diesel for TD. I need to go to the Nandanam showroom and check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Brix, I have done like 1000 kms in that car & its an absolute joy to drive.
However you can TD one right away & find out the answers.

Last edited by Brix : 18th March 2010 at 19:21.
Old 18th March 2010, 19:32   #985
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Vid,

Today again I went to the showroom and you were are right about it! There was nothing there for the Exi and Zxi cars
I have some pictures. Of the Exi variant. The last pic is that of the Titanium variant

Pics of the Exi Interior. Notice no plastic piece around the handbrake lever.
Can I fix the plastic piece around the handbrake later on?

The last pic is that of the Titanium variant with the plastic around the handbrake.

Sorry for the bad picture quality had clicked it on VGA mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
For some reason my pictures didn't show up in my previous post ? I think my images had the .jpg and not the .JPG

I'm trying the pictures again hope it works this time.
No idea why they don't advertise this clearly in the brochure. If it ain't there in Titanium and below they should mention it.

Still can't see you pics Capn slow. You'll have to try again.
Old 18th March 2010, 20:13   #986
BHPian

I was waiting for my membership to get approved. Finally it happened today ! I booked a TDCI Titanium Figo on 7 March at Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. After the review by GTO, I was just waiting to see the car in flesh to decide. It happened on 7th March and my wife too was fine with the look and space inside. She is a very practical person and does not bother too much about looks. She too felt the car as roomy with better leg space in the rear than Ritz, Punto, i20 etc which we had tried earlier. In fact, she still wants to go for Indica Vista which she happened to see when we went to see Punto !

A short TD was done last week as soon as it was available. I had called Lathangi Ford to ensure that I won't have to wait for TD as I was planning to do it during office hours. They kept their word, Diesel TD vehicle was ready for me when I went there. Before I took the wheel, the showroom guy wanted to fill Diesel and I happened to sit as a passenger on the front seat. Man, he was really trying to impress me with quick accelerations deft handling through narrow gally roads. As GTO mentioned in his review, instantly I kew that this car is very "chuckable" !

Later he took me to their usual "test range" in JP Nagar where a mix of good roads and potholed ones are there. I instantly liked the seating position and view from driving seat.My ride for last 5 years is an Alto, so I am no expert of Diesel. Somehow, I felt Figo to be sluggish in 2nd gear, especially during the initial pick up. I mentioned this to the showroom guy and he too agreed with it. Third gear is great, the acceleration is very good. No need to mention about AC, it is a chiller indeed. It was a very hot afternoon in Bangalore, but position 2 was more than enough to keep the car cool. Noise level inside the car is more compared to Ritz or Punto which I had test driven earlier. Really wanted to test the top end performance, but it was a housing lay out area and no long stretch of road.

Will come back with more updates on my booking experience. Sales guy was initially confident of 20 March, now he is talking about 25 - 27...I really pray to get it before 1 Apr, else I will have to shell out more due to the VAT hike in Karnataka.
Old 18th March 2010, 20:43   #987
BHPian

So what is the prediction for Figo volumes for Mar/Apr/May when the sales figure comes out in the subsequent months? I am guessing some 7K for the 1st 3 months and then stabilizing to appx 4K once micra action starts / others like swift/i10 etc come out with their own VFM proposition.

Mustang, any news on what vols Ford will be happy with?

Suggest current Ford owners pre-pone their service schedules and complete the same this month itself;-}
Old 19th March 2010, 00:53   #988
BHPian

Figo is being delivered with either Apollo Accellere, Bridgestone ER60 Turanza or Goodyer GT3. Can we say all these tyres of the same quality?
Old 19th March 2010, 10:06   #989
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks jacksons!

I'm a sedate driver too. Just odd moments of speed. To have an idea of the acceleration, I compared it to the WagonR figures, and it looked like the petrol Figo took longer to reach 60 and 100.

But am looking more for the luxury and FE part rather than acceleration.

I drive 20KM daily in a moderate traffic. And this car seems perfect for it.
Only pinch seems to be the FE.
I also drive Wagon R and Linea but most of time Wagon R and compared it with Wagon R only for slow traffic gearing and was much better than Wagon R., though Linea is perfact for slow traffic because you can pick car from 5kmph in second gear also and it does not require lot of down shifting.
Old 19th March 2010, 10:54   #990
RGK
Senior - BHPian

small correction - 150/day is manufactured and no idea about how much shipped per day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks