Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 15:09   #796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
However you might see a fiesta 1.6 hatch in december.
Now this is exciting news! By fiesta hatch you mean the new european fiesta hatch right?

Forget figo, I'll wait for this one

I saw an interview on overdrive with the ford CEO, and he said ford will launch a new model every 12 months!
Old 14th March 2010, 15:51   #797
BANNED

Quote:
No new variants of the figo until 100,000 units are sold.
Will Ford at least add REAR POWER WINDOWS at the earliest? I am sure Figo will reach 100000 units in half the time, if this single niggle is addressed.
Old 14th March 2010, 16:13   #798
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Now this is exciting news! By fiesta hatch you mean the new european fiesta hatch right?

Forget figo, I'll wait for this one

I saw an interview on overdrive with the ford CEO, and he said ford will launch a new model every 12 months!
Hey, dont get excited yet , Only the new fiesta sedan is so far confirmed, The Hatch is yet not confirmed as cost of manufacturing is being calculated.
Old 14th March 2010, 16:18   #799
Senior - BHPian

How long will it take for 100,000 units to sell ? Even at the rate of 6000 units per month, it will take over a year to reach this figure.

So wait for over a year for the 1.6 hatch ?
Old 14th March 2010, 18:44   #800
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Is the Figo TDCi's gearbox and present Ikon TDCi's gearbox same ?
Old 14th March 2010, 20:19   #801
Senior - BHPian

The biggest Challenge for Ford will be to get out of the "costly to maintain" image. Most people i spoke to straight away rejected the car saying fords are costly to maintain. I guess ford will have a tough time getting out of this not so good "halo". And that would be the time for competition to work out alternative plans to juice the customers.
Old 14th March 2010, 21:00   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The biggest Challenge for Ford will be to get out of the "costly to maintain" image. Most people i spoke to straight away rejected the car saying fords are costly to maintain. I guess ford will have a tough time getting out of this not so good "halo". And that would be the time for competition to work out alternative plans to juice the customers.
Yes I agree with you, when I was in market for new car and Fiesta was on my list, I had the same mindset even Ford agree to their costly to maintain image, but things have changed, they came with stratergy of comparative spare cost across the same segment which are at par in same segment, Total Maintainance Plan, Service Plan, 4 years warranty for 150000 kms (for Fiesta) even their service cost is cheaper (around Rs. 2500/- per routine service), my Santro recent services cost me around Rs. 3000/- per service. I think how Sales Person convience the buyer to come out of costly to maintain image will play important role.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:05   #803
BHPian

Hi there .. took a TD of the figo diesel yesterday. was quite impressed with the powerful AC which chilled me instantly. But the powerful AC took its toll on the engine and below 2k rpm the engine was quite sluggish in its response. After 2k its an altogether a different experience. Had driven the ikon diesel also but there was no issue of pickup in that as it was in figo below 2k. maybe its bcoz ikon is 100 kgs lighter than figo. Ikon weights 1006 kgs and figo 1115 kgs.

Another point is that the stereo was on tuner (radio) mode and strangely when i accelerated the song started to play faster and when i was say in 2nd gear below 2k rpm the song playing was kinda sluggish. Did anybody else felt this or it was just me?

Lastly when i came to a standstill after the TD and switched off the engine, the whole body of the figo shook and i was taken aback. Maybe to let the new owner know (the version in which the tacho is missing) that the engine has stalled at the traffic lights...

Talking of the tacho , I didnt understand that why the tacho is marked upto 7k even in the diesel? strange as it shud be till 6k and redlined from 4.5k onwards.

Nevertheless Im still in favor of the figo and wud be booking it later in this month

but m confused between diamond white and chill color with black dash in both the cases help me in choosing the right color.

If anyone has a pic of both the white and chill colored figo do put it up here so that i can compare it and decide on which one to go with.

Last edited by Dippy : 15th March 2010 at 13:03. Reason: Please type using proper punctuations. Avoid posting like.....this....
Old 14th March 2010, 23:20   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1)Figo 1.6 (not confirmed)
2)Figo facelift (not before 100,000 figos are sold)
3)Focus sedan(confirmed for 2012)
4)Fiesta Sedan(confirmed for Q1 2011)
5)Fiesta Hatch(not confirmed but expected in Q3 2011)
6)New Mondeo (not confirmed but I saw one being tested at chengalpattu)
7) New Mini SUV/MPV (not confirmed but very likely to be confirmed in a couple of months | Name: not known | expected:mid 2012)
This is great info. Good enough to deserve a thread on its own. Or you can add it to this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-line-up.html

As far as the MPV is concerned, we want a true Innova competitor like the S-Max and not some Tavera clone.
Old 14th March 2010, 23:28   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lastly when i came to a standstill after the TD and switched off the engine, the whole body of the figo shook ... and i was taken aback. Maybe to let the new owner know (the version in which the tacho is missing) that the engine has stalled at the traffic lights...
This is quiet common with diesel cars including Toyota Inova, i20 etc.

Quote:
Talking of the tacho ... i didnt understand that why the tacho is marked upto 7k even in the diesel? strange ... as it shud be till 6k and redlined from 4.5k onwards.
Cost cutting same as Logan. Both Petrol and Diesel have same Tacho.
Old 15th March 2010, 00:07   #806
BHPian

Hi,

Great review as always. On quick question, if you have option of Ford figo, Polo and i20 on which you will put your money (I know you love Punto, hence not included in option )

Anuj
Old 15th March 2010, 08:28   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesk007 View Post
Yesterday went for a TD @ MPL Ford, Perungudi, Chennai, with Kiku007.

When he turned the key on, we kind-off felt Switched-Off... The entire body shook & we were looking @ each other and was unable to fathom it. From then on the drive was good...and at slow speed, it did really handle the patchy rodes well.

-Karthi
Hmm...I did two test drives of the petrol and my opinion was just the opposite. The engine was so quiet, I hardly could hear it nor did I feel any jerk at it getting cranked.
Old 15th March 2010, 09:32   #808

What's the color on the photo on the middle? First one is the white, the last one is the sea-grey. Is that offered on the Figo ?
Old 15th March 2010, 11:01   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devu View Post
Hmm...I did two test drives of the petrol and my opinion was just the opposite. The engine was so quiet, I hardly could hear it nor did I feel any jerk at it getting cranked.
I had the same opinion. Smooth and refined engine, just not gutsy enough to have enough poke when you feel like having fun.

Another thing I felt during my TD was the very hard horn. Out of the 10 odd times I tried to use it during the drive, it managed to sound just once.
The salesperson put it down to the airbag, but I am not very sure.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:21   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I had the same opinion. Smooth and refined engine, just not gutsy enough to have enough poke when you feel like having fun.

Another thing I felt during my TD was the very hard horn. Out of the 10 odd times I tried to use it during the drive, it managed to sound just once.
The salesperson put it down to the airbag, but I am not very sure.
It is definitely the airbag. I have the same issue in my 1.6S as well. You will find ways to overcome that once you get the car. It works well when you press on the edges rather than in the center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
was there from 10.30 till 11.30, four of us. Dad, Mom, Wife and Me. Sitting opp to the fiesta.

Waiting for Bank loan to be approved, so that i can get everything done at my end. Sales manager was Tejal.
I must have missed you. Did you notice a blue Fiesta 1.6S standing behind an OHC when you left?

Last edited by Gilead : 15th March 2010 at 11:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks