Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 15:35   #766
BANNED

Can anyone quote the extended warranty details and price?
Old 13th March 2010, 16:02   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Guys I would say wait and watch. Don't expect alot from Ford.

Ford is one of the worst company when it comes to after sales service.
Can you elaborate why you feel so, Till date my experience with Dealer is highly professional, I went thrice to service centre and all my queries were attended professionally, my experience is at par to Hyundai dealer (my previous car was Santro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Many of them have expressed this. My two cents based on the experience with the Fiesta. If the car you drove had Air Bags then the horn needs extra effort.
I think it is matter of getting used to it, I got used to it on delivery day itself, as mentioned by Sanjayc to depress it at edges makes it more easy.
Old 13th March 2010, 16:18   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Hey nobody is taking into account the Higher resale value the diesel will have over petrol.I think the petrol will fetch poor resale on account of its ordinary engine and guess 50,000 rs may be saved at time of resale after 5 yrs.
Don't worry..that day is not far when different pricing mechanism will be there for diesel for private vehicles..taxpayers cannot keep on subsidizing private diesel cars for no apparent benefit to themselves Already Parikh report is out on this!! It's only a matter of time now
Old 13th March 2010, 16:53   #769
BHPian

Hi All,
This is my first post. I did check out the Figo at Lathangi Ford before the prices were announced. Thanks to GTO's wonderful review i knew more about the car than the salesperson.
I liked the car and particularly the rear legroom was pretty good. I think three people can sit comfortably in the rear seat. However the lack of adjustable rear head restraints did put me off a bit. I had checked out the i20 a month before. I felt the i20's interiors were miles ahead. My wife also felt that the i20 felt more solid. All this was till the prices were announced. Well after that Figo seems like a very interesting options. I plan to buy a car six months from now. I guess till then we would have quite a few BHPians posting their experience with the Figo and will make my decision easier.
On the whole a great job from Ford. Hope they back it up with their sales and service network.
Old 13th March 2010, 17:21   #770
RGK
Senior - BHPian

+1. Built on common platform and to have variable parts to a minimum nos
Old 13th March 2010, 17:38   #771
Senior - BHPian

I am maintaining two fords both with >1,40,000 km on odo, except for the engine in their mid-life, chassis feel is taut as that of a new car. Part of the reason has to do with the "repair=replace" maintenance too.
Old 13th March 2010, 18:15   #772
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I am for petrol zxi. Can tell more about extended warranty and fog lamp kit?
I heard that fog lamps cost 3000 rs. approximately, & 1 year extended warranty was around 4-5K
Old 13th March 2010, 19:23   #773
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I work for ford India & i feel embarrassed to ask this question from all of you as i dont know the answer.

Ques: Why is the diesel figo coming with a RPM display till 7000 RPM?

What I think: It is because of the fact that to keep difeerence in spare parts between the figo diesel & petrol to a bare minimum.

What do you guys think?
May be downright oversight Afterall the Tacho in Fiesta diesel shows the redline starting from 4500 rpm.

Last edited by oss : 13th March 2010 at 19:24.
Old 13th March 2010, 21:52   #774
Senior - BHPian

I TD'ed the Figo petrol Titanium today evening at Planet Ford in Kothrud today. Since my monthly running doesnt justify the diesel price tag, I did not try out the diesel. I liked the sales executive's (one Mr. Singh) enthusiasm for the product and the eagerness to explain

Here are my observations :

- Spacious! Especially at the price point. It feels comparable to the Vista, and thats quite something.
- Absolutely no complaints about quality, either interior or exteriors.
- Engine is strictly okay, no Japanesey revviness to it. Would be great if it would even be offered with the 1.4 Petrol.
- I started out and worked the engine through the gears, and found the shifter to be reasonably accurate and precise, again, in no ways a deal breaker.
- If I had booked today, the delivery would have taken place in April first week.
- Ride quality is pretty decent.
- Driveability in very heavy traffic i.e., first gear stop and go, is pretty good, but I found it slightly lacking when compared to the ease of availability of power in such situations in our 6 year old petrol Indigo.
- My mom (who had accompanied for the TD) absolutely loved the red dashboard :-).

On road prices in Pune for the Petrol are as :
Titanium : 5,00,180 Rs.
ZXi : 4,44,415 Rs.
Exi : 4,24,628 Rs.
Lxi : 3,96,159 Rs.

IMHO, the 5L OTR for the loaded with ABS/Airbags version is one of the best VFM deals around (if you can ignore the lack of rear power windows).

Agenda for tomorrow :

Testing the 1.2 k-series twins.
Old 13th March 2010, 22:12   #775
BHPian

Took the diesel beauty for a test drive again today, this time had my wife, bro and bro in law. Took a long drive, those familiar abt chennai. Nandanam- Chamiers road- kotturpuram- tidel park and return. What power, hit 120 and didnt even see it reaching there still had lots of power left but we ran out of clear roads. Ride quality is brilliant, it we were 5 ppl in the car. Rear seat was comfortable and spacious not cramped at all.
My bro inadvertently did what i wanted? ran over a speed breaker at abt 50 kmph, we were thrown abt but none of us hit the roof. Since that was concern that i and my friend had while test driving earlier. ALL IZZ WELL
MORE LATER
Old 13th March 2010, 23:02   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
- My mom (who had accompanied for the TD) absolutely loved the red dashboard :-).
Ladies and kids generally do not have preset notions that the colour of the dash or the colour of the car should only be of certain colours. So, they might actually love or not mind this dash colour.

Anyways, I think you are the 1st here to share report on Figo Petrol. Yes, its a absolute VFM offering. In terms of engine performance, I guess it could be best compared with Beat, i10 than 1.2K series. Did you get to test the mid and top end performance of the Figo petrol engine ?
Old 13th March 2010, 23:45   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Did you get to test the mid and top end performance of the Figo petrol engine ?
Found the mid range to be pretty good. But when I say pretty good, its not very fast, but you do have a satisfactory amount of power in the mid range.
I especially liked the tractability in 3rd gear.
Did not get to test the top end, because the road we were expecting to be empty was actually super jam packed.

Ohh, and the dealer claimed they had 78 bookings and have ordered 100 cars from the company. He expected the number to go up to 200 for the bookings by Tuesday.
Old 14th March 2010, 00:36   #778
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Ladies and kids generally do not have preset notions that the colour of the dash or the colour of the car should only be of certain colours. So, they might actually love or not mind this dash colour.

Anyways, I think you are the 1st here to share report on Figo Petrol. Yes, its a absolute VFM offering. In terms of engine performance, I guess it could be best compared with Beat, i10 than 1.2K series. Did you get to test the mid and top end performance of the Figo petrol engine ?

i would have loved to have ordered the Figo in Colorado Red with the Coral (red) interiors....buts alas!! They do not have that option, any one to confirm that??
Old 14th March 2010, 01:40   #779
BHPian

Test drove the titanium version today (technically yesterday ) at LATHANGI Ford Bangalore.

(This is just my opinion, for clarifications, take a TD yourself)

1. FIRST LOOKS:
The car look awesome from the front
Sideways - it looks good too
Rear - to be honest, i didn't like when i saw it in flesh. it seemed like the rear of the car is low in height. (as if you have put a lot of weight on the rear & its pressed down little )
It seems that the wheels are little inside on the rear (unlike the front) but maybe this is how it is designed.
When you see the car go from rear, its no wow factor (personal opinion)

2. SEATING:
Front seats were spacious. I saw 3 people (about 5-10", medium built) sitting in the rear and they were feeling cramped (i asked them). It seemed like they were sitting tight

We were 2 guys so we wanted to check this by our selfs - so we sat in the rear. I am around the same configuration (5ft 10" - medium) and my friend is 5ft 8 (slim)..it seemed like if one more person of my built comes in - it will become cramped and uncomfortable...

I had the opinion that the figo would have little more room that its competitors...maybe i need to check out the competition.

I would say, don't take my word, go figure out yourself..

3. INTERIORS
They were very good. Everything felt good inside. The lights on / off switch is at the RHS of the ignition key.

4. ENGINE
I test rode ford ikon few months back (1.4 duratorq) and it felt amazing.
This being the same engine, for some reason i felt 1/2 seconds lag before the turbo kicks in boy its a great feeling when the turbo kick in

Brakes were good too.

It was around 7pm near IIMB and you guys know what traffic it is there on a Saturday evening..so i could hardly go to 4th. Just once for a sec or two i went to fourth only to be slowed down.
Despite the turbo lag (personal opinion) the car feels and handles good.
The engine is very nice and a + factor.

5: OVERALL
I wont buy this car as i was disappointed by the rear looks of the car (is it me or someelse felt the same way. Maybe i have a mental block advice )

So a Ford ikon is 6,36,xxx on road and around 30k expensive than figo titanium sans almost all the features you are getting in figo.

The purple ikon at lathangi ford was looking impressive...droolable to me.
Old 14th March 2010, 02:11   #780
BHPian

...Diesel, is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
... if the monthly usage is around 1500-1600 Kms, the advantage of diesel can be taken in about 4-5 years.
Do the maths and figure. Read more here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vs-diesel.html
Hey guys, sorry to open the can of worms again. I was almost sold on Figo-D Titanium, but the above post from Kiku set me on a path of reconsiderations. The forum has a lot of threads discussing alternative fuels like CNG & LPG... I tried reading many of them but my question remains:

"The new petrol engines (K-series and Kappas), despite the peppiness, have good FE. If & when subsidy is lifted from Diesel, then monthly running costs of Petrol cars and Diesel cars would be somewhat similar.. and also, the resale value of Diesel car would take a hit.
Since modern CNG kits can deliver almost the same peppiness of a petrol engine, would a Petrol car + CNG kit be financially smarter option as compared to a Diesel car?"

Consider me to be a normal user (non-enthusiast) who is unbiased towards Petrol and Diesel. Assume, CNG kit comes after expiry of warranty period.

Btw, my liking to Figo is for following reasons: Small car. Safety features. Ride quality. Space. Fuel Efficiency. Better service than Tata. Fun-to-drive. (in the same order)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks