Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 13:54   #2506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
I seem to be getting an irritating sound from the rear caused due the the way number plate is fixed on the figo. I get it when i go thru slightly bumpy roads and the number place just kind of shakes. Has any of you faced this problem and if so how did you guys fix it?
I have the sound from the rear but cant figure out where its coming from. It sounds like from the rear right side inside the cabin. Are you sure its the number plates.??
Old 17th May 2010, 14:04   #2507
BHPian

For me it's the number plates for sure. Because of the design of the figo there is some space between the number plate and the body towards the bottom of the number plate. I am thinking if i should put 4 screws instead of the normal 2.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:43   #2508
BHPian

Wow - thanks. Thats really stupid on MPL's part to tell me to wait to August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
Hey Brix, you got your car @ MPL ford? Did you check out at Chennai Ford? I got the USB cable from them during delivery itself. I reckon they have quite a supply of that as they did not even fuss about it.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:01   #2509
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For me it's the number plates for sure. Because of the design of the figo there is some space between the number plate and the body towards the bottom of the number plate. I am thinking if i should put 4 screws instead of the normal 2.
I think no need to put 4 screws. There is be a tape (which has adhesive at both sides) which can be pasted at the bottom of body in two places and the number plates can be fixed. The screws will take care at the top and the number plate will stick to the bottom of the body.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:15   #2510
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
Took the pictures again in low resolution. There was no damage to the wagon r except for a broken rear bumper. It was a rear end to my front end collision. Also on a closer look I have a dent on my cars a/c coil or radiator. [Due to a longer exhaust tail pipe on the wagon r] Disadvantage of having a short over hang and no space between bumper and critical parts. Will keep you posted with the repair details.

Attachment 349615

Attachment 349616

Attachment 349617

Attachment 349618

If you had a hole in the radiator then the coolant must be spilling out everywhere, thus your radiator is safe, probably just slightly dented.

& obviously if you hit a car from behind then the car hitting will suffer more damage than the car being hit.

@35km/hr, i think your car took the impact really well & theres not much damage except for the hood.

@EVERYONE
PS - I got my white ford fiesta zxi from bhagat ford yesterday, took the 7:20 am shatabdi to jalandhar yesterday, completed the CSD formalities, the paperwork, the accessories & then drove back 400 kms to my house in my new car at 11:30 pm. Just got up a while back. Woohoo!

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th May 2010 at 11:17.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:23   #2511
BHPian

Figo Parking and Rusting issues?

@Mustang, other senior bhpians

I don't have a car parking facility at my apartment but because of this i have to park it outside exposed to the elements in chennai. The thing is i have never had to park a car in the open for any extended period of time since in kerala i always had car parking in my house. I am just worried if corrosion or other structural damage could happen to the car if it's parked outside. Is it something that would have been checked in the ford QC? I can move to another flat with car parking but would loose out quite a bit on the money that i have invested in setting up this apartment. I will be here in chennai for the next 6 months atleast.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:28   #2512
BHPian

Metal bull bars are not pedestrian-friendly and they need to be tested for vehicles that have airbags.

How about pedestrian-friendly, energy absorbing polymer-based bull bars? Are they available in India? Looks like Figos need them badly to protect the radiator -- for dog hits and other minor hits -- as they have (as someone commented) wafer-thin bumpers.

Have any Figo owners thought about such soft, polymer-based bull bars?

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
If you had a hole in the radiator then the coolant must be spilling out everywhere, thus your radiator is safe, probably just slightly dented.

& obviously if you hit a car from behind then the car hitting will suffer more damage than the car being hit.

@35km/hr, i think your car took the impact really well & theres not much damage except for the hood.

Last edited by pradkumar : 18th May 2010 at 11:36.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:33   #2513
BANNED

Quote:
@Mustang, other senior bhpians

I don't have a car parking facility at my apartment but because of this i have to park it outside exposed to the elements in chennai. The thing is i have never had to park a car in the open for any extended period of time since in kerala i always had car parking in my house. I am just worried if corrosion or other structural damage could happen to the car if it's parked outside. Is it something that would have been checked in the ford QC? I can move to another flat with car parking but would loose out quite a bit on the money that i have invested in setting up this apartment. I will be here in chennai for the next 6 months atleast.
There wont be problem to anything, but its better that you get exterior paint protection & underbosy treatment done on your car & then your car will not undergo any environmental damage.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:41   #2514
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mustang. Fiesta ZXI is a dream car and that too white excellent. IMO that is the best diesel sedan available in India.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:53   #2515

Took delivery on my FIGO TDCi Titanium (White) on 6th May. Have driven 2.2k kms till now and the ownership experience has been really great so far.

Have been driving 90% on highways getting a mileage of 16-18. Will create an ownership thread soon.

Some initial thoughts;

1. Space inside is great (5 full sized adults (400 kgs) and 100 kgs of luggage traveled from Bangalore to Chennai in decent comfort)

2. Ride and handling is excellent.

3. Turbo lag is more evident in my car as compared to the test drive car.

4. Headlights are not sufficient for highway driving. Planning to change based on warranty clause.

5. Front seats offer good thigh support. But the design is flawed a bit. Getting a neck pain.

6. FM signals are captured for very long distances (more than 100 kms away from the city limits)
Old 18th May 2010, 15:37   #2516
BHPian

I have a doubt Mustang. Are the seat dimensions of the Figo and Fiesta the same?

Is it possible to use the Fiesta seat covers for the Figo?
Old 18th May 2010, 18:00   #2517
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Mustang. Fiesta ZXI is a dream car and that too white excellent. IMO that is the best diesel sedan available in India.
I took the 1.6 Petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I have a doubt Mustang. Are the seat dimensions of the Figo and Fiesta the same?

Is it possible to use the Fiesta seat covers for the Figo?
I am not sure, maybe the dimensions are same but one has to see other things like those backrest adjustment systems etc.

I cant quite recall, Is there a lever(like in my fiesta) for backrest adjustment in the figo or is there a rotating wheel (like in my fusion/ikon)?
Old 18th May 2010, 18:40   #2518
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mustang
Boy you sure are one loyal ford employee.
Where are the pictures Mutang?? And we all expect an ownership report.
Old 18th May 2010, 19:06   #2519
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaharshad View Post
5. Front seats offer good thigh support. But the design is flawed a bit. Getting a neck pain.
I get a slight back discomfort too, but less of neck strain. The neck strain is for people who are used to having the support of the headrest which has a slightly odd angle. I usually don't. I tend to keep the back as straight as possible.

Last edited by trrk : 18th May 2010 at 19:09.
Old 18th May 2010, 19:31   #2520
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Congrats mustang
Boy you sure are one loyal ford employee.
Where are the pictures Mutang?? And we all expect an ownership report.
Yes I sure am, However even if i ever quit Ford & join some other company, i will keep buying Ford cars unless i have the money to buy a BMW or a Porshe.

These are the only 3 brands that i trust when it comes to driver involvement & driving pleasure.

No ownerships report from my side as it would be unfair for me to review a car of my own company.

However you will see the pics very soon, by this weekend maybe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks