Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2011, 20:54   #4006
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

welcome Vinboy.
Figo Diesel is good car and need not regret later.
Yes Ground Clearance is a problem. Lot of owners have given good tips. Maintain good tyre pressure and do not brake near the speed brakers. You can avoid if you cross it diagonally.
Old 24th March 2011, 20:54   #4007
Senior - BHPian

Second FREE service done at 10,150KM

They fixed all the rattling sounds coming form the car.

Again they added some additional wiring kit. But this time no paper work for it. Was assigned a new S.A and he did not know what it was for.
He just told me its a wiring kit that ford has given for some cars.

Oil and oil filter replaced.
Removed and refixed the rear plastic panel which was making cracking noises.

Bill came to Rs 900.00 Including taxes.

Good job by Metro ford. They did a very good job on my car.
The car feels new again. No more rattling/creaking sounds.
Engine feels a lot smoother after the oil change.

Next service due at 20,000KM or 12 months. Will mostly get the oil changed at 15,000KM just to keep the engine and myself happy

Last edited by Captain Slow : 24th March 2011 at 21:02.
Old 24th March 2011, 22:22   #4008
BHPian

If you dont mind, could you share some more details of the rattles?
Other than the rear panel creaking,were there any other sounds and how were they solved?

Mine still has a dashboard squeak and front rt.tyrewell rattling(caliper).

Diesel second service costs 2000/-!

Last edited by Deep Blue : 24th March 2011 at 22:26.
Old 24th March 2011, 22:43   #4009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Next service due at 20,000KM or 12 months. Will mostly get the oil changed at 15,000KM just to keep the engine and myself happy
I believe it is recommended to change oil every 5,000kms.

Have other blokes whose Car has done over 20K stuck to 5K oil change?
Old 24th March 2011, 23:32   #4010
Senior - BHPian

The big advantage of figo is the service interval of 10K km. I believe VW has a 15K km service interval.
My honda city had to go in for a service every month or so. real pain in the neck.
Old 25th March 2011, 00:59   #4011
BHPian

Took the car to Lathangi Ford in Bangalore today to get my car checked for the "Switching off while downshifting" issue. But since the issue could not be reproduced in the test drive, they could not do much in terms of diagnosing.

Anyways opted for the free service camp. Not sure if they did anything at all other than washing since the place was buzzing with cars. But the S.E. who accompanied me on the test drive was a nice guy.
Also got the brake pads replaced under warranty since they were making really horrid noise while on slow speed braking. Now it seems to be fine.

While I was at the center, saw a Figo with T-Bhp stickers (the transparent one and the "Drive Safe" one) being lifted on the hydraulics. It was a chill metallic Figo with the registration KA 51 Z 9XX3. Does it belong to any of the regulars here?
Old 25th March 2011, 01:38   #4012
BHPian

I recently did a trip with 4 people on board. The right rear tyre scrapped the body a few times during the travel. I am trying to understanding if it was the case of tyre not having the correct pressure or is it got to do with suspension setting. Since I was using nitrogen which was filled up for 30(normally travel alone or +1), I could not do much as I did not find any bunks or tyre shops where I could refill.

Has anyone else faced similar issue? BTW, I am running 185/65 R14 XM1+.
Old 25th March 2011, 08:45   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
welcome Vinboy.
Figo Diesel is good car and need not regret later.
Yes Ground Clearance is a problem. Lot of owners have given good tips. Maintain good tyre pressure and do not brake near the speed brakers. You can avoid if you cross it diagonally.
Thank you RGK! Well I was seriously considering of changing the tyre to 15" wheels!!! my friend at Metro Ford is recommending against it for the Warranty clause. But for the Warranty, What advice would our members give?
Old 25th March 2011, 11:33   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I believe it is recommended to change oil every 5,000kms.

Have other blokes whose Car has done over 20K stuck to 5K oil change?
During my 10k service, They have written on the bill that next oil change is due at 18k kms or so(will check again and confirm the exact value). I remember I had checked that when I crossed 15k kms to see when the next change is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
I recently did a trip with 4 people on board. The right rear tyre scrapped the body a few times during the travel. I am trying to understanding if it was the case of tyre not having the correct pressure or is it got to do with suspension setting. Since I was using nitrogen which was filled up for 30(normally travel alone or +1), I could not do much as I did not find any bunks or tyre shops where I could refill.

Better to keep 32 when there are more than 2 people travelling.
I've scrapped many times as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Took the car to Lathangi Ford in Bangalore today to get my car checked for the "Switching off while downshifting" issue. But since the issue could not be reproduced in the test drive, they could not do much in terms of diagnosing.

Anyways opted for the free service camp. Not sure if they did anything at all other than washing since the place was buzzing with cars. But the S.E. who accompanied me on the test drive was a nice guy.
Also got the brake pads replaced under warranty since they were making really horrid noise while on slow speed braking. Now it seems to be fine.

While I was at the center, saw a Figo with T-Bhp stickers (the transparent one and the "Drive Safe" one) being lifted on the hydraulics. It was a chill metallic Figo with the registration KA 51 Z 9XX3. Does it belong to any of the regulars here?
Cool. So was there any surprise gift as part of the anniversary celebrations?
Old 25th March 2011, 11:52   #4015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Found the mid range to be pretty good. But when I say pretty good, its not very fast, but you do have a satisfactory amount of power in the mid range.
I especially liked the tractability in 3rd gear.
Did not get to test the top end, because the road we were expecting to be empty was actually super jam packed.

Ohh, and the dealer claimed they had 78 bookings and have ordered 100 cars from the company. He expected the number to go up to 200 for the bookings by Tuesday.
Did 160 on the Ahmedabad to Baroda expressway was pretty good. Not very responsive took some time to reach the figure but was able to mantain it for 5 mins before slowing down due to traffic.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:14   #4016
BHPian

Quote:

Lucky you!! I will try to do the same as I still have the same issue after second servicing. Can you confirm after a week or 2 that the issue really goes away? I had experienced that I don't get the noise for about 4-5 days after the service and then it comes back again :(
Old 25th March 2011, 12:51   #4017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post

Askids,

I have been using my Figo for over 3 weeks now (1k on the Odo) since it pretty much only City travel as of now. I also have the 185/65/ R 14 XM1+ and havent really scrapped anywhere till now. have been to pretty much half of bangalore with a few spirited drives (read ~90) to the Airport or on the ring road. Car drives smoothly and didnt scrape anywhere even when it was Full house. Have been driving it sedetely in the city though.

I had an issue of having problems while upshifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Its not as smooth as shifting in other gears. it feels rubbery and hard to slot in. Not that it's too much of a pain, but i would consider the Gear box in Figo to be quite decent and i wouldn;t expect this kind of a gear shift from it. Hence the question. Has any other owners of Figo also felt this?
Old 25th March 2011, 13:17   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Cool. So was there any surprise gift as part of the anniversary celebrations?
Actually I saw few customers walking around with a blue box which looked like a box of tissue But I didn't get any such stuff, may be they forgot. There is a discount on the accessories as well. I had gone there today to install the fog lamps, but unfortunately the part ran out of stock, so will be going there tomorrow to get them fitted. It would come to around 4k. The figo headlights are not so good especially on the highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Lucky you!! I will try to do the same as I still have the same issue after second servicing. Can you confirm after a week or 2 that the issue really goes away? I had experienced that I don't get the noise for about 4-5 days after the service and then it comes back again :(
According to the S.A. the issue is with dust getting in between the pads and the rotor. He himself said they used to initially clean it but the sound would soon come back in a weeks time, so he directly ordered to replace the pads under warranty. It's silent now. Will report back after a couple of weeks.
Old 25th March 2011, 13:48   #4019
BHPian

Quote:
Actually I saw few customers walking around with a blue box which looked like a box of tissue But I didn't get any such stuff, may be they forgot. There is a discount on the accessories as well. I had gone there today to install the fog lamps, but unfortunately the part ran out of stock, so will be going there tomorrow to get them fitted. It would come to around 4k. The figo headlights are not so good especially on the highway
The tissue's are always given whrn ever you visit them wonder how they call it as a surprise gift!

I did go the the service camp and got a pair of fog lamps. It costed me 3.7k after a 15% discount. I now realise how i was managing to drive without them. They put another headlight switch for the fogs. I was also tempted to go for a set of alloys however restrained my self :-) But will eventually go for them.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:31   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I just called them up to enquire about the discount on accessories. They said 15% off only on select ones like fogs, parking sensor, chromes, spoiler, seat covers.
Planning to go there tomorrow and get the 3M under chasis coating done. See you there if you are around look out for my red tdci (KA-09)with a "Manchester United Fan On Board" sticker on the rear windshield

Quote:
The figo headlights are not so good especially on the highway
Yeah, Even I added fogs immediately after my first highway night ride!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks