Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 11:30   #4756
Senior - BHPian

Re: phot'u' time :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks

They are Neo's wheels. Discontinued around a year back and one shop had it because no body bought this as it wasn't flashy enough.

My tires are stock, MRF.
I loved your alloys. They suit the car perfectly.

If you drive a lot above 80kmph, I would advise you to get rid of the stock MRFs and upgrade to better tyres of 185/60R14 size. I have done it to my Figo, and its highway manners are much improved. Much less "skittishness" at higher speeds.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 13:30   #4757
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639

I also have a toyota which is I think way more process oriented than Ford.

Anyways I find it a bit weird that Ford don't trust their car if the owner misses a service by a few weeks. By voiding the warranty they are not confident of their product.

Also another interesting point which I saw was that Ford does only cold testing of engines at the plant and selects a few samples for hot testing.

Toyota does hot testing for all cars that leave the plant. Just saw that in the Etios Liva thread.
Vids man, I can't argue with you on everything. I can just tell you what the company policy. I said the warranty "may" get void and not that the warranty "will" get void.

Yes cold testing of engines is only done and that is because the company is fairly confident of the product and this can be seen in the reliability of ford engines in india. Do you know anyone who got their ford engine replaced ?(neglecting causes like accidents and improper usage such as running the engine w/o coolant or oil).
Old 9th July 2011, 14:44   #4758
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have been following this thread very closely as Figo was in my plans earlier. But during my last trip to India, I did a test drive and found that the car is really good, but did not feel like a real upgrade from my Ikon 1.6.

Now Figo owners, offlate this thread is giving quite a grim picture of the car. Is the car really bad, or just that small trivial issues are overly discussed? And positives of the car are less highlighted nowadays. I personally thought it is a good / adequate car, and much better than some of its competition, and hence the question.

I agree with Mustang on the company policy related to service intervals. Rules and processes are there, but I guess a lot depends on your relationship with the respective dealership as well. In our case, even after 7 years of ownership, we get service reminder call from our dealer A.S&S, and if we have an inconvenience (even during the time of free service), we let them know and they used to reshuffle the dates accordingly. If I remember our last free service was delayed by a month because my parents were here in Singapore with me, and the car went to the service station only on their return.
Old 9th July 2011, 14:59   #4759
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Vids man, I can't argue with you on everything. I can just tell you what the company policy. I said the warranty "may" get void and not that the warranty "will" get void.

Yes cold testing of engines is only done and that is because the company is fairly confident of the product and this can be seen in the reliability of ford engines in india. Do you know anyone who got their ford engine replaced ?(neglecting causes like accidents and improper usage such as running the engine w/o coolant or oil).
No but you do hear many stories of engine stalling randomly and I havent seen Ford do anything about it or acknowledge it as an issue.
Old 9th July 2011, 15:05   #4760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I have been following this thread very closely as Figo was in my plans earlier. But during my last trip to India, I did a test drive and found that the car is really good, but did not feel like a real upgrade from my Ikon 1.6.

Now Figo owners, offlate this thread is giving quite a grim picture of the car. Is the car really bad, or just that small trivial issues are overly discussed? And positives of the car are less highlighted nowadays. I personally thought it is a good / adequate car, and much better than some of its competition, and hence the question.
yes VB san. I feel this has become a place where the figo owners discuss the their small problems (which is good and we have not had many major issues).
But I am sure every figo owner is proud of their Figo as much as other car owners. And yes people appreciate the qualities of Figo but I don't think that they bonkers with them
We all appreciate the fact that the car is truly good to own and the driving experience is really good. I think people are not discussing positive here cos we are all experiencing the positives.
The reason why we discuss this here at the first place is that we all proud owners of Figo.
WE have made a choice now we are perfecting the experience.

We are all discussing even the slightest problems and trying to find a solution if it exists. Fraternity Helps..
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 15:53   #4761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
No but you do hear many stories of engine stalling randomly and I havent seen Ford do anything about it or acknowledge it as an issue.
I pity Anil and other figo D owners facing this grave and life threatening problem with their cars.
Rattling and squeaks don't pose any real threat, but the engine stalling is a very serious and poses great danger to the occupants of the car and others on the road.

Vid, I tried asking 2 ford techs from Chennai who were visiting the A.S.S to fix the rattling issue.
They don't even know about the stalling issue and when I tried asking him about it he blamed it on the driver telling me driver must be a first time driver or that he doesn't know how to shift gears properly. Exactly what he told me.
He went on telling that they have a dedicated testing dept who do all kind of tests and simulations and they found no problems with the engines and all this stalling issues are just because of driver error

Unfortunately our country does not have proper laws to protect consumer rights and safety.
Owners like Anil and others could easily sue ford if the same thing happened in the states. Ford would have to recall all the D class cars and give the owners huge settlements.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 9th July 2011 at 16:16.
Old 9th July 2011, 16:23   #4762
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639

Since we were only talking about engines and their testing, this engine stalling issue is not related to the engine testing. Engine stalling occurs due to other factors most common being electronics. The tdci does not have this problem, its some other thing that causes the stalling and I think its most likely the pcm chip. I can assure you that you won't find a fusion tdci owner complaining about this.

So this issue does not imply that the engine has some problem, the fact is that some other testing department is at fault most probably the one testing the pcm chip .

I had given my feedback to the company and I think some work has been done as none of the new figos have got this problem.

I just completed a month surveying randomly chosen new figo tdci owners in delhi/ncr and absolutely none of them had an issue like this.
Old 9th July 2011, 16:58   #4763
BHPian

Thought I should post the pic before I said I have covered 27K kms and I have faced the engine shutoff issue only twice.

Rattles are nil and Driving pleasure is max. And VFM ? Absolutely.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20110704-19.11.44.jpg  

Old 9th July 2011, 17:26   #4764
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I had given my feedback to the company and I think some work has been done as none of the new figos have got this problem.

I just completed a month surveying randomly chosen new figo tdci owners in delhi/ncr and absolutely none of them had an issue like this.
When they start the survey in bangalore can I be one of the random chosen owners?

I can write a book on the issues in the Figo.
Old 9th July 2011, 17:41   #4765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
When they start the survey in bangalore can I be one of the random chosen owners?

I can write a book on the issues in the Figo.
Seriously Can you please put down a few issues with Figo. I ask this not in sarcasm but to know if there are any Issues that I am neglecting.

I had rattles but they are fixed
Had a suspension squeak. that is fixed.

Seriously Cant think of any other issue that I have come acros. I have covered 27K in the last 11months.

Is the difference because you are also driving a Corolla ?
Because I am driving a Fiat Linea here and I can say any day Figo is less likely to throw tantrums and surprises than a linea.
Old 9th July 2011, 20:17   #4766
Senior - BHPian

On the first Official Service

Strictly as a car newbie I would like to know that apart from changing the oil and topping up the other fluids what checks/maintenance do the FASS guys do on a new Figo by default and what other checks should I request.

I have no prior experience of this, my sister used to handle all cars so far (and I don't think she ever paid attention)

My car, as I wrote earlier, is due for service and I'll probably give it this week. So I would like to know specifically for Figo TDCi Titanium.

If members can point to an existing generic thread that will help too.
Old 9th July 2011, 21:01   #4767
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina
Strictly as a car newbie I would like to know that apart from changing the oil and topping up the other fluids what checks/maintenance do the FASS guys do on a new Figo by default and what other checks should I request.

I have no prior experience of this, my sister used to handle all cars so far (and I don't think she ever paid attention)

My car, as I wrote earlier, is due for service and I'll probably give it this week. So I would like to know specifically for Figo TDCi Titanium.

If members can point to an existing generic thread that will help too.
You can check the manual, it lists out the things done by the mechanic in each service. These checks and procedures are listed towards the end of your manual.
Old 9th July 2011, 22:04   #4768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Thought I should post the pic before I said I have covered 27K kms and I have faced the engine shutoff issue only twice.

Rattles are nil and Driving pleasure is max. And VFM ? Absolutely.
Only twice ? Aren't you being too charitable to the manufacturer here ? I was going through this thread and another which is specifically dedicated to the problem - its plain shocking and dangerous . One can live with rattles and niggles but i shudder to think what happens if the engine dies down suddenly on the expressway .
Old 9th July 2011, 22:18   #4769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can check the manual, it lists out the things done by the mechanic in each service. These checks and procedures are listed towards the end of your manual.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

If I want them to check anything specific apart from what is in the manual, will they do that?
Old 9th July 2011, 22:21   #4770
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina

Thanks, I'll have a look.

If I want them to check anything specific apart from what is in the manual, will they do that?
Yes they will attend to that.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks