Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:00   #3256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
When DTE hits 80 (79), four chimes are heard for the low fuel indicator.
The chimes repeat when DTE goes down by 50% (39)!!!
spot on, i have tested this multiple times. First chime is at 79 and the second is at 39!
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:57   #3257
BHPian

Cool features in Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Not only that, whenever you insert the key and switch on the ignition, the chimes is repeated 4 times if the DTE is below 80.
Spot on! This is a feature in the Figo. Read it in the User Manual. Suggest people read the user manual, there seems to be some nice features in the Figo, that made me interested.

e.g. To find your car in a parking area (too many same coloured figos & you forgot your number plates or it is too dark) just press the lock button twice immediately within 0.5 seconds. The indicators will flash four times!! - Neat
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:03   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
To find your car in a parking area (too many same coloured figos & you forgot your number plates or it is too dark)
Or if you're taking your friend's Figo and forgot to ask the color and Regn#.

I'm sure most of these hidden features are already documented in Gemi's thread.
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:39   #3259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@Jayawant, any update on this ?
Sorry, Mooza and others! Suffered a huge spurt in workload that has kept me in office, so wasn't able to get the problem checked. I'm just ignoring the rattling from the dashboard by turning up the stereo volume for now.
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:04   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
Spot on! This is a feature in the Figo. Read it in the User Manual. Suggest people read the user manual, there seems to be some nice features in the Figo, that made me interested.

e.g. To find your car in a parking area (too many same coloured figos & you forgot your number plates or it is too dark) just press the lock button twice immediately within 0.5 seconds. The indicators will flash four times!! - Neat
I am sure that this is available on almost all the remote locks, in fact, here in Canada, every time you lock the car, horn sounds briefly along with flashing indicators. This is a nice feature that could be implemented in India as well.
Old 24th September 2010, 23:27   #3261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
I am sure that this is available on almost all the remote locks, in fact, here in Canada, every time you lock the car, horn sounds briefly along with flashing indicators. This is a nice feature that could be implemented in India as well.
"Find the car" feature is there in most of the remote locking systems, such as the Autocop in my old Santro, and also in my Figo.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:01   #3262
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Have raised a complaint with Ford regarding more engine noise heard inside the cabin after the windshield replacement. It seems dash was not removed. Some boot or some padding is not fitted back properly or missed out.

period.
Is it not necessary to rotate tyres after completing 5k kms. Is it necessary to do only in ford A-S-S or any reputed tyre shop. I am thinking of bringing stepni also part of tyre rotation.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:27   #3263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Is it not necessary to rotate tyres after completing 5k kms. Is it necessary to do only in ford A-S-S or any reputed tyre shop. I am thinking of bringing stepni also part of tyre rotation.
In my opinion tyres including stepni should be balanced and rotated every 5000 km and wheel alignment should be done whenever you feel drag. It is better to get it done from a place having accurately calibrated machine or a latest machine.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:19   #3264
BHPian

The mileage which was hovering around 10.75 - 11 kmpl ( Zxi Petrol) has suddenly dropped to 9.5 over the last 600 kms. I will watch till the next tank fill and take it the service station. There had been no change in the driving pattern or the conditions.

The remote / locking mechanism have quite a few interesting features.

I was not happy with all the doors opening when the ignition is switched off particularly when driving alone. There are quite a few road side scams ( some one signals that you have a flat tyre / engine fire etc. As you come out of the car to check another guy quietly opens the back door and escapes with any bag or valuable in the back seat or passenger side) because of this.

In Figo after the doors lock automatically when the car moves, unlock the driver side door only. When the ignition is switched off the other doors will not unlock automatically. Quite a useful feature when you drive alone.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:16   #3265

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
In Figo after the doors lock automatically when the car moves, unlock the driver side door only. When the ignition is switched off the other doors will not unlock automatically. Quite a useful feature when you drive alone.
I feel that door unlocking feature, when the engine is turned-off is a pretty cool one. However, when you stop at a signal & then start, the driver side lock will engage again after crossing 7km mark.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:37   #3266
BHPian

I visited the showroom today for an errant and noticed that a display vehicle there had been shod with Appolo Acelere(?).

Are the Appollo's back in business - I thought they had been stopped. Another vehicle had the Goodyears.

Also, the crowd was considerably lesser than what I had seen last time. But the Figo is still selling good.
Old 28th September 2010, 08:51   #3267
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes There are still some cars with Appollo acelere. Still I could not understand how Appolo failed in Figo while sweeping i20's & Polo's. Ford engineer (direct) said that it was their tread design which caused swerving in Figo.
Still waiting for an answer from fellow figopians regarding tyre rotation.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:33   #3268
Senior - BHPian

Called up SE y'day and asked about tyre rotation, he said thoough it should be done every 5k km since the service interval is 10k, it would be done at the second service.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:19   #3269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Mileage update: I got 17.1 kmpl ( 42 liters for 720 km). A/C on 80% of the times with 80% of the time position at fan speed 1 and a/c knob at half blue! current ODO reading ~2000KM and am running at 33 PSI laden with 2 people!
Mileage update:

This tankful I got 16.28 kmpl (35 liters for ~570 kms) 100% a/c and 100% city. I missed a mileage update in between.

The above ride (17.1 kmpl) had 200 kms of highway driving in those 720kms.

Current ODO is 4020 kms this trip too had a 200 kms of highway driving so will update the mileage soon!
Old 28th September 2010, 15:39   #3270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Mileage update:

This tankful I got 16.28 kmpl (35 liters for ~570 kms) 100% a/c and 100% city. I missed a mileage update in between.

The above ride (17.1 kmpl) had 200 kms of highway driving in those 720kms.

Current ODO is 4020 kms this trip too had a 200 kms of highway driving so will update the mileage soon!
this is for petrol or diesel please?

Most Viewed