Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 15:17   #3286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Just noticed something today. My figo tdci's RC card says that it's a petrol.
Its equal to a case of identity theft. Get it changed ASAP. Its your dealer who is responsible. Although I dont know the process. Check if your VIN# is correct too?

That's why you must follow the PDI inspection fully.

Let us know how this got resolved. You can also call up the Customer Care to complain. They might have a neutral opinion.

Remember that you have paid a hefty sum to the dealer to get the car registered. The job they should do should also be perfect. And you would be liable for the offense and not them.
Old 1st October 2010, 15:25   #3287
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Its equal to a case of identity theft. Get it changed ASAP. Its your dealer who is responsible. Although I dont know the process. Check if your VIN# is correct too?
That's why you must follow the PDI inspection fully.
Small correction here. RC book reaches the car owners after a month. So it is difficult to note during PDI.
After getting the RC book, we need to check the VIN# (verifying with the car also), all other details like name, address, tax details as well. We need to spend time in the showroom and get it clarified with the RTO agent.
Now I am bit scared, need to check my RC as a first thing after reaching home. One thing I noted in my RC was the printing (dot matrix printer was used) which was not very dark. When I asked the clerk at RTO, he said - sir need to change the black ribbon sir...
Old 1st October 2010, 17:59   #3288
Senior - BHPian

Mileage update:

Tankful to tankful: 41.8 liters
tripmeter reading : 700 kms

Mileage 16.7kmpl. Driving pattern 300 kms trip with 200 kms sooper highway and 100kms of very very bad to very bad roads to ok roads.

The rest 400 kms is in city. 20 kms to office and back with 100% ac on!

By the way I topped up with shell this time and I did not quite like it, I somehow feel the car is breathing out! Will have to check the mileage too!

Any other Figos with shell diesel experience? By the way the fuel is 1.40 rs more per liter.
Old 1st October 2010, 20:47   #3289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Mileage update:

Tankful to tankful: 41.8 liters
tripmeter reading : 700 kms

Mileage 16.7kmpl. Driving pattern 300 kms trip with 200 kms sooper highway and 100kms of very very bad to very bad roads to ok roads.

The rest 400 kms is in city. 20 kms to office and back with 100% ac on!

By the way I topped up with shell this time and I did not quite like it, I somehow feel the car is breathing out! Will have to check the mileage too!

Any other Figos with shell diesel experience? By the way the fuel is 1.40 rs more per liter.

Thats really good mileage number, guess the mileage figures for the Diesel are improving with the age. But unfortunately the Petrol figures do not seem to pick up post usage.

Does any petrol figo owner have any good news to share with respect to mileage? I mean improving mileage.
Old 4th October 2010, 16:35   #3290
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Went to MPL ford at Perungudi this morning to check my engine noise.
The mechanic tightened air filter nuts. Three people test drove and two accepted the noise level is more inside. One said it is normal. They removed the table top (a plastic cover where the wipers reside) and found the sealant was OK and no gaps.
Refreshed ECM. They connected a cable below the steering and the laptop and started the software. Switched on the ignition and after certain tests the ignition was made off and on. He said the cam and injector timing will get corrected through this. I feel the sound is slightly better. But when I drove back to my office, there is some noise reduction inside the cabin but definitely not as before. Now I do not know what to do.
But the service managers, supervisor, the technician were all kind and responded quickly. They were courteous and I feel the problem was not still identified.

Last edited by RGK : 4th October 2010 at 16:37.
Old 4th October 2010, 16:44   #3291
Senior - BHPian

My problem "the squeaks" have reappeared even after filling the plastic locks with some fillers! The squeaks are freaking me out and are getting on my nerves! They definitely are from rear left roof plastic! Somebody please help me!
Old 4th October 2010, 18:30   #3292
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My problem "the squeaks" have reappeared even after filling the plastic locks with some fillers! The squeaks are freaking me out and are getting on my nerves! They definitely are from rear left roof plastic! Somebody please help me!
Did they replace the clips with bigger ones given by Ford
Old 4th October 2010, 19:02   #3293
BHPian

Yesk007, Your steering problem can be rectified easily by a a proffesional wheel alignment centre. the camber ,caster adjustments will point it straight 90 degrees. It is bugging to drive with steering in this posistion.
Old 4th October 2010, 20:34   #3294

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
Yesk007, Your steering problem can be rectified easily by a a proffesional wheel alignment centre. the camber ,caster adjustments will point it straight 90 degrees. It is bugging to drive with steering in this posistion.
Thanks Decode. Yes, today it's finally corrected. It was really annoying for the past 4days.

The wheel alignment process was very cool, 'Ignorance is bliss'. The whole process took 30mins. The service manager apologized for the tilt.

The test drive was done on the Poonthamale high road. I was able to check the cars stability for 200mts, since the road was not straight after that.

Negatives, out of this whole experience:
-> I am now mostly trying to set the steering wheel in the previous position: Unconscious
-> Under body hit, when travelling over a speed brake in the service lane. While going of the Ford service center.
-> I was roaming around Ponthamalle high road twice, since i could not locate the FORD display board .
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00247.jpg  

Old 5th October 2010, 09:02   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Did they replace the clips with bigger ones given by Ford
no they did not, are they available now? I have however raised a complaint with ford, let's see what happens!

^^ yesk dude!! you took that pic in a moving vehicle??? careful man!

Last edited by anilisanil : 5th October 2010 at 09:09.
Old 6th October 2010, 09:22   #3296
RGK
Senior - BHPian

The User eXperience Management (UXM) of the site is now different and gives a new feel.
Kudos to the web design team of tbhp.

Does anyone have Ford RM - South contact no. I need to contact them regarding my engine noise. As usual the customercare mails are not effective. Still the issue persists.
My friend suggests to fill diesel again in IOCL ( i changed from IOCL to BP) and check.

In my office tbhp site was suddenly blocked from yesterday. Throws an error from CA's esecurity software displaying the site comes under "anonymizers"

Last edited by RGK : 6th October 2010 at 09:26.
Old 7th October 2010, 08:08   #3297
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Just noticed something today. My figo tdci's RC card says that it's a petrol. I checked with the dealership since they were the folks who got the car registered and they said this is ok and i won't have any trouble because of this. Folks, please let me know if i could get into some trouble because of this ever. Everywhere else including the dealer invoice it says diesel.
Vishnu - The engine no is visible very clearly. When you open the bonnet and see just opp to the radiator fan. It is clearly printed. Just for safety pl do a check on this in your car.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:15   #3298
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to go for alloys for my Figo and need your guys' help.

Should I go for Ford wheels which cost me around 17K or should I go for after market ones?

Also I liked the split wheels (among the three models on website) in isolation, but not too sure how they gel with figo. What are your views? Kindly help me!

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-alloys.jpg

Last edited by anilisanil : 8th October 2010 at 11:19. Reason: added pic
Old 8th October 2010, 15:11   #3299
BHPian

Quote:

Should I go for Ford wheels which cost me around 17K or should I go for after market ones?

Also I liked the split wheels (among the three models on website) in isolation, but not too sure how they gel with figo. What are your views? Kindly help me!
I think they are cheaper outside and you get more variety. Besides, I saw the accessories list and the MPL dealer apparently takes your wheel covers back if you buy the alloys. That's not proper of him to do so.

Do some market research before you make any purchase decision.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:31   #3300
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 435854
Though the Ford designs are pretty ok (barring the bland looking 9-spoke design which just looks like a wheel cap rather than an alloy), they are a bit too shiny for my taste. Try checking them out in person.
Alternatively you can check for Plati range of alloys from outside, they have some pretty decent designs and should be in the range of 14K for a set of 4. You could also try out Lenso designs as well, a bit more expensive than Plati I suppose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks