Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 16:52   #3136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Some more pics of my friend's figo on our trip to Mangalore
That is one BEAUTIFUL car!!!!

Figo really looks cool with alloys and spoiler and white color just makes that look even better!!

Last edited by anilisanil : 19th August 2010 at 16:56.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:17   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
A very very handsome Figo. I'd have to admit - white is the best color. Realyl stands out. And the accessories are also good. The Figo spoiler, I have to admit, is too expensive.
@ Brix , thanks for those comments . Talking about the accessories they arent very expensive if we compare with other manufacturers . Even Hyundai and Maruti OEM spoilers cost somewhere in the same range 4.5-7.5. As I was mentioning about a bad experience with after market , we decided to stick on to the genuine OEM spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
That is one BEAUTIFUL car!!!!

Figo really looks cool with alloys and spoiler and white color just makes that look even better!!
@ Anilsanil , thanks bro :-)
Old 20th August 2010, 00:09   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
All the ICE equipment in the Figo are Ford branded. The speakers are made in China, and I guess the HU will be also. The size of the speakers is 5x7" overall, but the size of the cone is actually a little smaller.

If they suit you fine, nothing like it, you can save some money!
Thanks for the input TNAWAYAJ.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:37   #3139
BHPian

2000 Km mileage update. (Completing 2 months on 25th )
I got around 16.7 Kmpl with 35% highway and 65% city driving, 90% A/C on. Not raced beyond 120Kmph even on highways and maintained RPM below 2.5k.
I am going on a long drive again today so my first servicing would be at @ 2700km range.

At the very beginning, I thought the engine noise was reducing as I was revving higher, but now I feel the engine noise is higher with higher RPM, If I try to touch 3k the noise and vibrations are just too much.

I think the mileage is fine, expecting to go up a bit (not much I guess) after first servicing) and overall I am happy with the vehicle. The only blemish is the squeaking sound which I plan to get rectified at first servicing (hopefully!!)

I am also feeling the power steering has become a bit more hard (Not as soft as it was at the beginning) since the delivery, not sure if it has something to do with the tyre pressure. I maintain 33 in all tyres as I feel the ride comfortable at that pressure. Need to check this as well. Any suggestions?

One question about the ORVM. When I try to put the mirror in the extreme downwards position (using the joy stick like control), there is a "tuck" sound at the end and the mirror shifts back a little. It just doesn't stop smoothly at its extreme position. Is this normal or its an issue that I need to rectify?
Old 20th August 2010, 12:31   #3140
BHPian

Dont you feel tyre pressure 33 is way above recommended 30 -32?? At 33, i guess you must be feeling figo to be too bouncy and rough..
Old 20th August 2010, 13:44   #3141
BHPian

The HU is made in Visteon's Chennai plant.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:02   #3142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantbsutar View Post
Dont you feel tyre pressure 33 is way above recommended 30 -32?? At 33, i guess you must be feeling figo to be too bouncy and rough..
I don't think so. when I maintained the pressure to 30, the tyre was looking as if it has less air, may be an issue with the calibration of the pressure gauge where I generally go to check pressure.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:23   #3143
BHPian

RUST! there rust all over the front discs of my new Figo, including the cast iron assembly holding the disc! ..and its still in the dealers parking lot. Saw it during the pre-delivery check. In fact its the same on all Figos. I also checked the Polo's placed in the same lot ..and their discs were partially rusty but the assembly holding the disc is powder coated and looks so much better. What does that say about the Figos quality? It certainly makes me feel like i've been short changed in this regard..
Old 20th August 2010, 22:17   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Rust on unused discs are normal - even I have it on my car if it sits idle for the weekend (especially in the monsoon months).
Drive it for a couple of days and they should be gone.
Actually the brake discs are made of iron and the fine film of rust protects them from extensive wear.
Take a look here:

How to Stop Brake Rotor Rust | eHow.com
Old 21st August 2010, 12:22   #3145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Rust on unused discs are normal - even I have it on my car if it sits idle for the weekend (especially in the monsoon months).
Drive it for a couple of days and they should be gone.
Actually the brake discs are made of iron and the fine film of rust protects them from extensive wear.
Take a look here:

How to Stop Brake Rotor Rust | eHow.com
I'm from Goa and the 'salty air' makes the rusting inherently worse. The dealer also said the same thing, on regular usage the rust will dissipate. I'll wait for that AND if possible in future i intend to powder coat the assembly holding the disc just like VW has done for their cars.

Last edited by commodore : 21st August 2010 at 12:26.
Old 22nd August 2010, 08:49   #3146
BHPian

[quote=commodore;2036703]I'm from Goa and the 'salty air' makes the rusting inherently worse. The dealer also said the same thing, on regular usage the rust will dissipate. I'll wait for that AND if possible in future i intend to powder coat the assembly holding the disc just like VW has done for their cars.[/QUOTE

Don't attempt to alter any of the brake parts. They are extremely critical and machined and assembled to very close tolerances. They need to be dismantled and assembled only by trained technicians in clean room conditions.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:32   #3147
BHPian

Chennai-tvm drive

Did the drive from chennai to trivandrum in the Figo last friday. Did a full tank before start and DTE was saying 730. Refilled after reaching Nagarcoil since the DTE was showing around 60. The mileage was only 19.2 for the drive up to nagarcoil. I did the drive from chennai(mcity) to nagarcoil in around 9 hrs(3 to 11.15 PM till nagarcoil and then 1.00 till TVM). (of this around 1 hr 30 minutes was refreshments/tea/Dinner break). The maximum speed reached was around 155 on the speedo. There were 4 passengers and some 5 kilos of luggage and the airpressure was 34/36. Underscraping happened atleast at 3 places.

Overall it was pleasant drive and the figo performed very well. The roads between chennai to nagercoil is amazing. There was one bad stretch(single lane) after madurai for around 60 kms. No street lighting or anything on this stretch.

The AC was on all the time.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 25th August 2010 at 15:33.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:17   #3148
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Did the drive from chennai to trivandrum in the Figo last friday. Did a full tank before start and DTE was saying 730. Refilled after reaching Nagarcoil since the DTE was showing around 60. The mileage was only 19.2 for the drive up to nagarcoil. I did the drive from chennai(mcity) to nagarcoil in around 9 hrs(3 to 11.15 PM till nagarcoil and then 1.00 till TVM). (of this around 1 hr 30 minutes was refreshments/tea/Dinner break). The maximum speed reached was around 155 on the speedo. There were 4 passengers and some 5 kilos of luggage and the airpressure was 34/36. Underscraping happened atleast at 3 places.

Overall it was pleasant drive and the figo performed very well. The roads between chennai to nagercoil is amazing. There was one bad stretch(single lane) after madurai for around 60 kms. No street lighting or anything on this stretch.

The AC was on all the time.
Very Good. Nice to see the performance and mileage.
When you tank filled in Chennai, the DTE showed 730. what was your previous trip before this one. Just I want to know that did you do any long drive before this one.
I feel headlights are useless. Since you were doing 3 digit speed, was the headlights OK.

Last edited by RGK : 25th August 2010 at 17:19.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:19   #3149
BHPian

Normal work commute from Camp Road to Mcity or shols.

The headlights are not very good. I am not sure but what i heard was most of the folks these days change their stock headlights and get extra powered lights. Planning to do it sometime. I was driving mostly on road with dividers. So it was just ok.

Had to do a lot of flipping between low beam and high beam to get good visibility. Could be that focussing was not at the right position.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 25th August 2010 at 17:28.
Old 25th August 2010, 20:49   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hi Vishnurp99,
Can you let me know where this stretch is? Are you talking about the last stretch between Aaralvaimozhi and Nagercoil or is it some place else? I was under the impression that whole stretch upto this place has been 4 laned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks