Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 12:23   #3241
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Not clear on TMP plans. As anilsanil asks can we go after the warranty period.
And what about Extended warranty .

Period.

Lot of people complained about carpet mats (floor mats - 4 nos). But the mat fixed in the platform is also of low quality. The fibres are coming out. I think the life span would be 1 year.

I hear more sound of the engine after replacing my windshield. I could not understand or is it my perception.
For replacement of windshield is dash to be removed and refitted ?. If that is done then something has gone wrong..
Old 13th September 2010, 16:58   #3242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I hear more sound of the engine after replacing my windshield. I could not understand or is it my perception.
For replacement of windshield is dash to be removed and refitted ?. If that is done then something has gone wrong..
Hmmm, I'm thinking my brand new car came with a replaced windscreen as there was no PDI / Pollution / Ford Quality sticker on it. And I also have very loud engine clatter (far more than the TD car!), and more disturbingly this strange rattle when I go over bumps from the general area where the windscreen meets the dashboard - as if someone forgot to put a screw there. When I took delivery I did find a screw lying on the seat. Playing armchair detective, I've created a pretty pessimistic story of what could have happened.

I'm going to go Metro Ford tomorrow to ask them to check it.
Old 14th September 2010, 16:41   #3243
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Where in bangalore can i purchase rubber/plastic floor mats for my figo and its approximate price

Cheers
Yamaha
Old 14th September 2010, 17:30   #3244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Where in bangalore can i purchase rubber/plastic floor mats for my figo and its approximate price
I bought black colored rubber floor mats just yesterday, for my Ford Ikon, from Konark Auto Accessories in Koramangala. They were available in beige and transparent shades as well.

Cost me 650 Rs. for the set of 4.
Old 17th September 2010, 18:59   #3245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Hi Folks,

Cheers
Yamaha
you can get them at horsepower in jayanagar 9th block. i bought them for Rs. 700.
Old 18th September 2010, 00:22   #3246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I bought black colored rubber floor mats just yesterday, for my Ford Ikon, from Konark Auto Accessories in Koramangala. They were available in beige and transparent shades as well.

Cost me 650 Rs. for the set of 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
you can get them at horsepower in jayanagar 9th block. i bought them for Rs. 700.
Hey guys, is it the Packy Poda universal mats? Do you have any pictures of the same? The accessories shops here are quoting too much for those (today a shop quoted 2,650/-)
Would like to know if they are correct fit for the figo foot well, if so i might grab a set when i visit Bangalore next weekend
Old 19th September 2010, 22:32   #3247
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Today near my residence two people were working to fix full platform mat (reksin type) for a Figo. Just enquired the rate - 1600/-. I saw four new type of individual mats with them. They are in tray shape and also water proof. It can be easily placed at the four places. The quality was very good and the guy was telling the price would come around 1000/- . They were telling it was available in GP road where all accessories are available.It was not rubber, looks like high quality synthetic
Old 20th September 2010, 15:11   #3248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Today near my residence two people were working to fix full platform mat (reksin type) for a Figo. Just enquired the rate - 1600/-. I saw four new type of individual mats with them. They are in tray shape and also water proof. It can be easily placed at the four places. The quality was very good and the guy was telling the price would come around 1000/- . They were telling it was available in GP road where all accessories are available.It was not rubber, looks like high quality synthetic
A coincidence. I had enquired about this too. Vinyl carpet flooring. I got a quote of 1300 for full carpet (except boot). I think you mean rexine(fake leather). Its different from the Vinyl in the sense that vinyl is more durable. Rexine is mostly outdated.

I'm planning to do this just for the boot alone as it gets dirty when I carry stuff there on long drives. Should cost 500 bucks maximum. I'm not planning to put them in the main compartment as they have lots of cons(read them on the carpet flooring article in TBHP).

RGK - are you talking about the regular floor mats? Can you post a pic? I'm unable to visualize.

Last edited by Brix : 20th September 2010 at 15:14.
Old 21st September 2010, 11:52   #3249
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Sorry - Not rexin, it should be vinyl. I checked for most of the new cars. Previously the new carpet flooring was done by drilling and fitted with screws. Now rubber beeding, seats are removed and mostly pasted. But I saw many cars in chennai. It was OK job not good finish. I heard that the famous "Koyas" in coimbatore does it very professional. Need to enquire.
Dont you have boot mats. I have rubber boot mat bought from showroom - it is good and easy to maintain.
Yes about Regular floor mats only - 4 corners. It was very good. I will try to post or get the shop add.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:10   #3250
BHPian

FE Improvement: Guys have a query, i usually fill Diesel from Indianoil my DTE at full tank will show about 570 km, this time i tried HP for a change and it shows 610 km. Which is good for me, ofcourse will check the actual FE during the next tank fill. Do you guys all so feel the difference by changing fuel bunks?
Note: Same driving conditions and no change whatsoever in the driving style, for the past fuel fills too.
Old 21st September 2010, 13:03   #3251
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio - I feel IOCL is better. I was using IOCL for quite long and shifted to BP and got a slightly lesser FE. Mostly depends on bunks rather than the provider.
Old 21st September 2010, 15:32   #3252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
Hmmm, I'm thinking my brand new car came with a replaced windscreen as there was no PDI / Pollution / Ford Quality sticker on it. And I also have very loud engine clatter (far more than the TD car!), and more disturbingly this strange rattle when I go over bumps from the general area where the windscreen meets the dashboard - as if someone forgot to put a screw there. When I took delivery I did find a screw lying on the seat. Playing armchair detective, I've created a pretty pessimistic story of what could have happened.

Same clatter here too! Service center unable to find the place!

Engine clatter is more! I think a bit too much!
Old 21st September 2010, 17:34   #3253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
Hmmm, I'm thinking my brand new car came with a replaced windscreen as there was no PDI / Pollution / Ford Quality sticker on it...
@Jayawant, any update on this ?
Old 21st September 2010, 23:30   #3254
BHPian

new findings

When DTE hits 80 (79), four chimes are heard for the low fuel indicator.
The chimes repeat when DTE goes down by 50% (39)!!!
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:13   #3255
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
When DTE hits 80 (79), four chimes are heard for the low fuel indicator.
The chimes repeat when DTE goes down by 50% (39)!!!
Not only that, whenever you insert the key and switch on the ignition, the chimes is repeated 4 times if the DTE is below 80.

Last edited by RGK : 22nd September 2010 at 15:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks