Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 14:22   #3106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
The squeaking is something that I am worried of now. I think in my car its comming from the rear right side seat belt assembly, not so sure.
I'm having the exact squeak too. I've informed customer care, but no one has called back to fix an appt.

I simply put the music loud.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:15   #3107
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I had a Hill drive yesterday to Tirupathi.
Did not have any issues in climbing the hill. The performance was good.
Luckily no sounds so far after coming down after 48 hair pin bends. But the plastic and rubber parts quality in Figo are definitely below par
Will post detailed report in my ownership thread. Not able to transfer photo due to blue tooth issue in my phone.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:15   #3108
BHPian

Congrats Kunal on getting that sound fixed. It will be good if you can explain the location may be with some pictures. So that we can get it fixed as well.

@anilsaini
Planet Ford seems to be better than Talera for ***. This is purely based on my experience so far. May be I am wrong. But I would like to get this sound fixed at first servicing. Its a brand new vehicle so obviously you won't expect such sounds (Though I could only relate this sound to the ones that you get in a brand new ST bus
Old 12th August 2010, 17:16   #3109
BHPian

I don't know why those *** came up, I used a shortform for After Sales Service.
Old 12th August 2010, 18:48   #3110
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know why those *** came up, I used a shortform for After Sales Service.
Coincidentally it also refers to what you sit on.

You chose your handle based on Figo - thats loyalty dude.
Old 12th August 2010, 18:59   #3111
Senior - BHPian

On sqeaking sounds from the rear, my Fiesta had one last month. I sat behind one day and asked my son to drive and I felt it was coming from the bottom portion of the rear right door.

It was set right during service---it was from the hand brake cable that goes under the car beneath the right door portion.

Not sure if this will help Figo customers however.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:25   #3112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Coincidentally it also refers to what you sit on.

You chose your handle based on Figo - thats loyalty dude.
Ohh yes! After getting pinched everyday while using my first petrol car (Xeta), it was a pleasure to drive this diesel one. I fell in love with it, so couldn't think of a better handle
Old 12th August 2010, 22:08   #3113
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Kunal on getting that sound fixed. It will be good if you can explain the location may be with some pictures. So that we can get it fixed as well.

@anilsaini
Planet Ford seems to be better than Talera for ***. This is purely based on my experience so far. May be I am wrong. But I would like to get this sound fixed at first servicing. Its a brand new vehicle so obviously you won't expect such sounds (Though I could only relate this sound to the ones that you get in a brand new ST bus
There you go Figopian. Push the plastic screw (encircled in picture) inside or just box it to stop the squeak.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-squeak-.jpg
Old 13th August 2010, 09:21   #3114
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Figo performs well in ghat roads also. A small write up of my drive at Tirupathi hill drive at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...go-club-6.html

Touch wood - no sounds so far !!

Thanks Kunal - a good tip for all Figopians.
Old 13th August 2010, 09:34   #3115
BHPian

Thanks, Kunal. I will try this and update you.
Old 13th August 2010, 21:43   #3116
BHPian

Just took delivery of my Colorado Red Figo TDCi Titanium today from Metro Ford. Overall, the dealership experience was pleasant, but for the delay in getting number plates and having the car cleaned. I had to wait around 45 minutes before the car was finally revealed, and another 45 minutes in wait of the number plates.

I filled around 24 litres of diesel soon after delivery and the DTE immediately showed 375 kms. I guess I need to take that with a pinch of salt, given the recent feedback on the accuracy of the DTE figure.

I really want to upgrade to better alloys in the hope that will improve the rather staid side profile of the car. The Ford "8-spoke Premium Silver" alloys (visible on all Figo advertisements) were out of stock, so I was considering Evos. However, I was told by one of the sales managers that the warranty on the suspension would stand void if the alloys were non-Ford, even if they are of the same size (14") and the stock tires are retained.

Is this a reality? I read about Arindam's experience with his Fusion, so I need to be doubly sure before I get myself new wheels. Or is it a gamble - maybe suspension problems are rare? Please advise!

For those of you unhappy with the sound of the stock speakers, I am planning to upgrade them to JBL GTO8628 5x7s, which would fit perfectly into the speaker cavities in the doors. I'll be retaining the HU though. Will keep everyone posted on how that turns out.

Thanks, all.
Old 14th August 2010, 15:15   #3117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
For those of you unhappy with the sound of the stock speakers, I am planning to upgrade them to JBL GTO8628 5x7s, which would fit perfectly into the speaker cavities in the doors. I'll be retaining the HU though. Will keep everyone posted on how that turns out.

Thanks, all.
Check if that voids your warranty.

Also how is the car compared to your Swift.
Old 15th August 2010, 11:15   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Check if that voids your warranty.

Also how is the car compared to your Swift.
That's a loaded question as I'm unable to resist the urge to compare every aspect of my new Figo to my Swift. I think the Figo scores in terms of interior space, it feels like a big car, handles much better than the Swift, and has a firmer suspension.

But the engine "feels" heavy, and seems a tad bit louder than the Swift. It is surely more responsive in traffic, and I find I don't need to keep juggling between 1-2-3 gears that much any more.

I got the speakers installed yesterday and they make a world of difference to the sound. The stock speakers are just one-way, and mbeing a musician I was particular about having decent sound in the car, warranty void or not!!!

Apart from that, the instrumentation in the Figo is really "cheap". A little better aesthetic sense could have prevailed in the layout and detailing of the dials.

That was a long post! Cheers, Brix!
Old 16th August 2010, 14:06   #3119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
That's a loaded question as I'm unable to resist the urge to compare every aspect of my new Figo to my Swift.
Thanks. How much did the speaker change cost you? And do give details.
Old 16th August 2010, 20:12   #3120
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo TDCi - 7332 km Update.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2028686

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks