Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 20:14   #3181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Im not a figo owner but i got a bad experience with talera ford for Figo TD itself, they were rude enough to ask me to come to their showroom to take a TD for Figo, even after agreeing to schedule a TD at my office address no one followed up.
And when I asked it was complete opposite!!! I was contacted by Planet ford first and then Talera ford when I placed my interest to buy figo on net! And both of them got back to me with in 6 hours!!!
Old 30th August 2010, 23:07   #3182
BHPian

Completed 2500 km today.
Will take my Figo for the first service tomorrow morning.
Any tips or suggestions?
My mileage reading is 12.88 and 12.56 earlier. Very depressing.
Its a Titanium diesel.
Old 30th August 2010, 23:19   #3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Im not a figo owner but i got a bad experience with talera ford for Figo TD itself, they were rude enough to ask me to come to their showroom to take a TD for Figo, even after agreeing to schedule a TD at my office address no one followed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
And when I asked it was complete opposite!!! I was contacted by Planet ford first and then Talera ford when I placed my interest to buy figo on net! And both of them got back to me with in 6 hours!!!
As per TD request I am happy with both talera and planet, talera has given me back to back long TD of both figo and fiesta 1.6, on the other hand planet has brought figo at my residence and I have taken a very long TD
Old 30th August 2010, 23:39   #3184
BHPian

My car's mileage appears to have dropped after the first service. I filled the tank only once after the first service, Right now it appears like, The mileage is around 13. Before the first service though, it was around 16. Is this possible?. I fill the fuel in the same outlet every time (and is always BP-Regular Diesel)
I read in another thread here (Sorry, not sure where) it said the TDCi engine mileage is not standard while the DDIS (Swift) the mileage is. I could not understand, Can anyone throw more light on this. And also on the mileage issue?
Old 31st August 2010, 10:39   #3185
BHPian

So overall, I think both dealers in Pune are more or less the same
The more convenient should be the choice.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:13   #3186
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Interesting sad story - when i was coming back on Sunday to Chennai on NH45 (on the outskirts of chennai) I saw a sand lorry without cover travelling in front. Due to wind the sand and small stones are thrown out causing danger to two wheelers and small stone particles fell down. I noticed the vehicle no and overtook. Asked my wife to call 108. 108 reverted us to call 100 and when she called 100, they told that it is out city limit and gave one pucca landline no which was engaged. So we thought of informing any traffic cop. But it was sunday night and no body was there till I entered Tambaram (south entry point of Chennai). So we left and came home.
After a day I washed the car today and I was drying (hardpressing with little wet cloth)the windshield and suddenly i saw a crack about 1 feet horizontally and a small broken piece . Was extremely upset on this. Eventhough it is not my fault, I should have been careful and should not have followed that lorry. I did not go close but I feel the stone would have bounced from ground and hit my windshield.
I called the body shop and they say an estimation of 8500/- Glass is fully covered. but the sealant, rubber beeding and policy excess - Rs 500 will come around 2 to 3k.
Tomorrow being a holiday i need to arrange for the surveyor to see the car on thursday. Need to coordinate as my insurance was taken at Coimbatore..
Old 31st August 2010, 12:37   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
@perseus : I got the scratch on my FIGO in the exact same position long back, and it was pretty deep too .I noticed that many FIGO's have the scratch in the same region.

Captain Slow said it right. During my first service I asked how much would it cost to repaint - SA said somewhere around 6 to 7K. Ridiculous !!!
Better thing is to ask the service center guys to do a touch up.I got the touch up done for free
Here's what the "touch up" looks like Pic-1 front and pic-2 back: (quite ugly,but it saves from the rust)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-scratch1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-scratch2.jpg  

Old 31st August 2010, 13:17   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
Here's what the "touch up" looks like Pic-1 front and pic-2 back: (quite ugly,but it saves from the rust)
I think it wont look that ugly when you view it from a distance. Can you post a pic from a distance. I'm thinking of doing the same for my figo too for the front bumper scratches.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:56   #3189
Senior - BHPian

[quote=RGK;2049707] i saw a crack about 1 feet horizontally and a small broken piece . Was extremely upset on this. Eventhough it is not my fault, I should have been careful and should not have followed that lorry.quote]

Sorry to know about this! Now this is what makes me believe in luck, sometimes there is nothing in our hands!

And how come glass is covered completely? I thought it is 50% depreciated from day 1! Any different policy?
Old 31st August 2010, 14:05   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I saw a sand lorry without cover travelling in front. Due to wind the sand and small stones are thrown out causing danger to two wheelers and small stone particles fell down.
Lot of car owners are reporting this threat in highways. Can't the authorities(check post) do something about it?
It was the same a decade back inside chennai city when corporation lorries used to scatter all garbage. Later due to public complaints they started using a net. Now it's all covered lorries.

Quote:
I called the body shop and they say an estimation of 8500/- Glass is fully covered. but the sealant, rubber beeding and policy excess - Rs 500 will come around 2 to 3k.
Try getting a quote from "windshield experts" Maybe it will workout cheaper if you take into account NCB on your insurance.
Don't know whether that would affect your warranty.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:02   #3191
RGK
Senior - BHPian

[quote=anilisanil;2049884]
Quote:
i saw a crack about 1 feet horizontally and a small broken piece . Was extremely upset on this. Eventhough it is not my fault, I should have been careful and should not have followed that lorry.quote]

Sorry to know about this! Now this is what makes me believe in luck, sometimes there is nothing in our hands!

And how come glass is covered completely? I thought it is 50% depreciated from day 1! Any different policy?
Heard windshield is fully covered and let me check again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Lot of car owners are reporting this threat in highways. Can't the authorities(check post) do something about it?
It was the same a decade back inside chennai city when corporation lorries used to scatter all garbage. Later due to public complaints they started using a net. Now it's all covered lorries.

Try getting a quote from "windshield experts" Maybe it will workout cheaper if you take into account NCB on your insurance.
Don't know whether that would affect your warranty.
Thanks. I feel authorised service centre is better. I doubt whether they will have the same branded windshield. Anyhow let me check.

It was a very very tiny piece and how come a big crack occurred after one day (vehicle is not driven yesterday and today). Is Figo cutdown costs of windshield also.

Last edited by RGK : 31st August 2010 at 16:06.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:50   #3192
BHPian

[quote=RGK;2050134]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

It was a very very tiny piece and how come a big crack occurred after one day (vehicle is not driven yesterday and today). Is Figo cutdown costs of windshield also.
Bad ! Not a fault of the windshield probably, because at that speed it becomes a projectile. I've heard that a coin dropped from a considerable height can kill a person.

But good that you posted this scenario. I'll keep away from such lorries. Today I saw one lorry with gravel(jalli). Imagine the damage it can do.
Old 31st August 2010, 18:05   #3193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt whether they will have the same branded windshield. Anyhow let me check.

If am not wrong, Visteon supplies windsheilds to Ford!
Old 31st August 2010, 18:10   #3194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
But good that you posted this scenario. I'll keep away from such lorries. Today I saw one lorry with gravel(jalli). Imagine the damage it can do.
I frequent the highways and completely agree to the scenario. Had my Accent Crdi windscreen cracked [just 4mm] right in the line of sight.

Windshield Experts were useless and gave me a quote of 8K 3 years ago. Insurance was futile as i would still have to spend more than my NCB gains etc.. Hence cursed myself and used the car until i sold it a year back.

I still have vivid memories of that stone in 3D and slow motion

A word of caution - leave atleast 2 car lengths before tailgating such sand lorries and overtake them when the road is clear and do it fast!!
Old 1st September 2010, 10:00   #3195
RGK
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Brix;2050333]
Quote:

Bad ! Not a fault of the windshield probably, because at that speed it becomes a projectile. I've heard that a coin dropped from a considerable height can kill a person.

Yes I agree. One of my friend says even a small ball bearing ball hit will crack a windshield. I feel purely it is my mistake eventhough the lorry should have covered their load . Infact i was pitying about two wheeler drivers and hence I tried to contact police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I frequent the highways and completely agree to the scenario. Had my Accent Crdi windscreen cracked [just 4mm] right in the line of sight.

Windshield Experts were useless and gave me a quote of 8K 3 years ago. Insurance was futile as i would still have to spend more than my NCB gains etc.. Hence cursed myself and used the car until i sold it a year back.

I still have vivid memories of that stone in 3D and slow motion

A word of caution - leave atleast 2 car lengths before tailgating such sand lorries and overtake them when the road is clear and do it fast!!
Yes. I spoke to Windshield experts and did not get a proper response. Infact they quoted more than Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
If am not wrong, Visteon supplies windsheilds to Ford!
The make is lamisafe and dont know about the supplier. Only windshield experts should say about its quality.

Going to body shop for getting estimation of costs.

Last edited by RGK : 1st September 2010 at 10:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks