Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2017, 17:00   #10681
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Hi all,

I am having trouble with Bluetooth pairing with phone in my Figo 2011.
I have faced this issue earlier. I keep trying different ROMs of Android and occasionally I faced the issue. It was the issue with ROMs. If I changed the ROM it used to work.

One way to check if it is an issue with phone, is by trying to pair a different phone. If the other phone pairs with all the features working, then sure it is the problem with your phone.
Old 23rd December 2017, 19:04   #10682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
I am having trouble with Bluetooth pairing with phone in my Figo 2011. The system connects to the phone but no call can be made/received and no media can be played. Although both the phone and the car music system show that they are paired.

I am also facing bluetooth issue with my phone (Mi Redmi 4) in my Figo. It was working fine for couple of months and started giving problem now. It could be because of the MIUI 9 update in the phone. After pairing it works for some time (both phone calls and music) and stops suddenly. I am not able to use the delete option in the HU, getting error as 'not paired'.

Last edited by ampere : 1st February 2018 at 09:39. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 4th January 2018, 17:08   #10683
BHPian

Need help from Figo owners in Pune. I have a Nov'12 Figo which I purchased from Planet Ford, Pune. I have always had my car serviced from the Planet Ford service centre on Satara Road. Planet Ford has shut down and my car is approaching 70K. Please advise a good authorized service centre. I see 6 options on the ford india online service booking web page - 3 of talera ford, 3 of dhone ford. Please advise.
Old 4th January 2018, 17:43   #10684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
Need help from Figo owners in Pune. ...
I have been going to Dhone Ford in Warje ever since Sai Sakshi shut down. Initially when they were new, part availability was a big issue with even regular consumables like diesel filter not in stock. Now they are much better as the complete Planet Ford team has moved to Dhone, so things are more organised.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 12:03   #10685
BANNED

Fellow Figo Owners -

I have a 2011 1.2 Figo that has clocked 76K, I'm planning to get it serviced next month, would be thankful if someone can provide an insight on the following -

1) Shocks Replacement Cost.
2) Struts Replacement Cost.
3) Timing Belt Replacement Cost.
4) Other consumable charges (Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter etc.)

If you may provide me with an insight on other things that may be considered for this service, that shall be really helpful.

Thanks In Advance.
Old 5th January 2018, 12:36   #10686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
I have a 2011 1.2 Figo that has clocked 76K, I'm planning to get it serviced next month, would be thankful if someone can provide an insight on the following -
I have done my figo service at 65K and you can find details in the below link. It may cover few details of the points you have mentioned. Mine is 1.4 TDCi though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4215931

Last edited by ampere : 1st February 2018 at 09:39. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 11:25   #10687
BHPian

Hello Everyone, In my last service (70K) service in October, the ASC (Fortune Ford Hyderabad) suggested that I get the following repairs done:
  • Power Steering rack (14K)
  • Shock Absorbers 5K
  • Link Rod (3K)
  • Front both wheels bearings (2.2K) (Till here, I am told all are interlinked and must be done together)
  • Rear both wheels bearings (5K)

I couldn't due to financial constraints. Of late, there is a lot of noise I could hear from the rear, more so when the speed is more (50+).

I appreciate your help with the following:
  • Will these issues lead to a breakdown of the vehicle? How long can I delay this replacement?
  • Is that statement of PS Rack, Shock absorbers etc interlinked correct?
  • Is there a way I can identify (without expert help ) if the issue is due to bearings or shock absorbers or both?
  • Are the costs appropriate?
  • Can I consider anyone else than ASC for these repairs?

Really appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th January 2018, 11:54   #10688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hello Everyone, In my last service (70K) service in October, the ASC (Fortune Ford Hyderabad) suggested that I get the following repairs done:
  • Power Steering rack (14K)
  • Shock Absorbers 5K
  • Link Rod (3K)
  • Front both wheels bearings (2.2K) (Till here, I am told all are interlinked and must be done together)
  • Rear both wheels bearings (5K)
You haven't explained the symptoms to tell if all are required to be changed.

Power steering rack needs to be changed when there is a leakage in the rack as there is too much play as well as rattling sound. It is not something that will get you stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Similarly, front shock absorbers need to be replaced if there is leakage. You can check yourself.

Link rods too need to be changed if there is sound. This you can hear if you are passing over rough roads. It is kind of small khad-khad sound.

Wheel bearings need to be replaced where there is continuous grinding sound. This sound goes on increasing as the speed increases. One way to check is, you can put the car on jack and check each wheel by rotating, whether there is a grinding noise. This again, will not get you stranded, so don't think you need to change it as preventive measure. As and when each bearing starts making noise, you can change.

I myself have changed shock absorbers as well as link rods independently. I don't think, these things are not interlinked.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 14:41   #10689
BHPian

For the benefit of other owners :

I have 1st-gen Figo Diesel. 36K odd kms run.
A week back, my gearshift gave in. Behaved almost like a joystick. No resistance whatsoever.
Searched the forum and found it's a common problem for this generation.
The gear link bush was worn out.
Unfortunately, I could not get only the bush replaced. Had to replace the full gear assembly + the cable.
Apparently, the bush costs only 500/- odd.

OEM gear assembly cost 6736/-
OEM gear cable cost 1059/-

I missed to take a snap of the new gear cable.
But here's the old cable with worn out bush:
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-.jpg

Closer look:
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-b.jpg
nimbleguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 12:30   #10690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
I have 1st-gen Figo Diesel. 36K odd kms run.
A week back, my gearshift gave in. Behaved almost like a joystick. No resistance whatsoever.
Why did you have to replace the full assembly? I too had the cable bush replaced, but as a preventive measure, but I was able to replace the bush alone. I have a Figo 2013 D.

Hi everyone. A quick question. My Figo is almost completing 80 k kms now. Wanted to know if it’s a good thing to go for a clutch overhaul or replacement. The clutch does feel much heavier now & does shudder quiet a bit. I have also noticed a slight difficulty while slotting the gear shift. Don’t know if it has anything to do with the linkages or the clutch. The shifter tends to get stuck at times & need to put in extra effort to shift.

Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 1st February 2018 at 09:40. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 21st January 2018, 21:32   #10691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
Hi everyone. A quick question. My Figo is almost completing 80 k kms now. Wanted to know if it’s a good thing to go for a clutch overhaul or replacement. The clutch does feel much heavier now & does shudder quiet a bit. I have also noticed a slight difficulty while slotting the gear shift. Don’t know if it has anything to do with the linkages or the clutch. The shifter tends to get stuck at times & need to put in extra effort to shift.

Thanks
Change the clutch.
80k Kms is already stretching it far enough.
Enjoy the car with a new clutch setup.
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:52   #10692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
Why did you have to replace the full assembly? I too had the cable bush replaced, but as a preventive measure, but I was able to replace the bush alone. I have a Figo 2013 D.

Thanks
Best way to test it (as per my knowledge; experts can comment better) keep the car in slight incline, put it in 1st gear and then try to accelerate slowly without throttle, if your car manages to do it with ease there is more left in your clutch but if it struggles then its time to change.
Best option to be safe is to change the assembly ASAP to avoid any unwanted circumstances.
Old 22nd January 2018, 17:15   #10693
BHPian

Have been experiencing a lot of engine clatter recently. The car hesitates to Start in morning and only starts in second attempt. Also, while idling the rpm fluctuates by 50-60 rpm constantly. Even after warm up, the engine sounds like a tractor. Any pointers?

Have got the engine oil replaced with motul, but the problem persists. Have ordered abro injector cleaner and hope it helps.
Old 31st January 2018, 20:42   #10694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I am also facing bluetooth issue with my phone (Mi Redmi 4) in my Figo. It was working fine for couple of months and started giving problem now. It could be because of the MIUI 9 update in the phone. After pairing it works for some time (both phone calls and music) and stops suddenly. I am not able to use the delete option in the HU, getting error as 'not paired'.
This issue is resolved after my phone got the update for MIUI 9.2.
Old 1st February 2018, 02:00   #10695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Have been experiencing a lot of engine clatter recently. The car hesitates to Start in morning and only starts in second attempt. Also, while idling the rpm fluctuates by 50-60 rpm constantly. Even after warm up, the engine sounds like a tractor. Any pointers?

Have got the engine oil replaced with motul, but the problem persists. Have ordered abro injector cleaner and hope it helps.
I too was facing a similar issue with my first gen figo tdci diesel.
The refinement was not there anymore and the diesel engine noise was on the higher side,
The Ford Service Station changed the Engine Mounts and the dampening material and the cabin is once again very silent and the vibrations too has gone away.

Only issue is on idling with AC on the car jerks whenever the compressor gets switched on and have noticed the radiator fan is running continuosly whenever AC is switched on.Right now even in winters when outside temperature is around 15 degrees and the AC is switched on the radiator fan is working continuously.Is this a normal thing?

Also while driving whether highway speed or city speeds,there is a constant road noise which is heard thud thud thud ,even while driving on the mumbai Pune expressway it is heard,but when the brakes are applied even slightly say 10 percent the noise disappears.

Last edited by vineetg84 : 1st February 2018 at 02:06. Reason: Spelling error and queries added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks