Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 10:47   #10561
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My Figo AC stopped working on Sunday. The compressor was working but the fan throws only warm air. Took the car to Eureka Ford yesterday and the magnetic clutch which operates on the compressor is replaced. The total damage is 3800/-. As per the SA, the hissing noise is increasing (air leaks inside dash) and the cooling coil will soon need a replacement, which could cost around 10K.

Out of the 3800/-, 800 is GST . Labor is charged at 18% and parts at 28%.

Service from Eureka Ford seems to be good. courteous staff and they attended the car without any prior appointment (just called and dropped in).
Old 5th July 2017, 15:44   #10562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
I've noticed a peculiar issue with my Figo recently. It has started giving DTE chime earlier than usual. I have noticed this issue since the last tank full. When I had it refuelled today, it had run 575 km on 33.25 litres. So, I'm getting decent mileage but it shouldn't be giving DTE chime after 33 litres. Any ideas what the problem could be?
This issue is starting to annoy me now. My car had run 535km since last tank full and it was showing DTE 9km yesterday night. When I refuelled today morning, only 35 litres were filled for full tank. It seems as if during the last one-third, the DTE dips abruptly from about 200 to 100 causing this false alarm. I had mentioned this during the servicing and the SA had said that it is due to air bubbles. The problem had gone away for a while after the servicing but is back again. There has been one recent instance when I ignored the DTE chime for a while and it even auto-corrected itself from 25km to 120km.
Old 6th July 2017, 14:49   #10563
Senior - BHPian

Some of the wheel studs on my 1st gen Figo have worn out (primarily due to mismatch in threading at some point of time by the mechanics plus wear and tear).

Would anyone have an idea as to how much would those studs cost if I were to replace the studs on all 4 hubs(4 hubs X 4 studs on each)

Due to this wear n tear on the studs,its becoming increasingly difficult to fasten some of the nuts back after a tyre change.

FASS or tyre shop reccomended?Any reccomended places in Hyderabad.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th July 2017, 18:05   #10564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Some of the wheel studs on my 1st gen Figo have worn out (primarily due to mismatch in threading at some point of time by the mechanics plus wear and tear).

Would anyone have an idea as to how much would those studs cost if I were to replace the studs on all 4 hubs(4 hubs X 4 studs on each)

Due to this wear n tear on the studs,its becoming increasingly difficult to fasten some of the nuts back after a tyre change.

FASS or tyre shop reccomended?Any reccomended places in Hyderabad.

Thanks in advance.
Front wheel stud replacement will require removal of the hub so the wheel bearing must be replaced at the same time. Rear wheel studs can be replaced easily without having to change the bearing. Each wheel stud with nut costs around 200rs. Front wheel bearing is 1000rs per piece. Lathe charges(for front wheel studs) will be around 300-500. Mechanic labor charges should be another 500rs.
Studs 200x16=3200
Bearings (if damaged during removal)= 2000
Lathe charges=500
Mechanic labor= 500
I suggest you to replace only what's needed and avoid replacing all 16 studs as it will prove to be quite costly and unnecessary. If the front wheel studs are in good shape then avoid touching it as it requires the services of a lathe shop (hydraulic press to remove hub).

If you stay near LB nagar/ Balapur area, I can introduce you to my mechanic. Send me a PM if interested.
Old 13th July 2017, 20:24   #10565
Senior - BHPian

It looks like prices of spare parts have increased recently. Not sure if it is due to GST.

I was charged Rs 650 for AC pollen filter replacement when my Figo TDCI went for its 60000 kms service in Bangalore this week. I remember paying around 400 a year back when it was changed in Hyderabad.
Old 13th July 2017, 22:36   #10566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It looks like prices of spare parts have increased recently. Not sure if it is due to GST.

I was charged Rs 650 for AC pollen filter replacement when my Figo TDCI went for its 60000 kms service in Bangalore this week. I remember paying around 400 a year back when it was changed in Hyderabad.
In the fogg of the impending GST rates, we were all excited about car prices coming down. However we either forget or dint pay attention to the fact that auto spare parts are charged 28% GST! That's why your seeing the high price for the filter.
I guess cost of ownership is going to go up big time

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 13th July 2017 at 22:37.
Old 14th July 2017, 10:17   #10567

Dear all,

I own a Ford Figo TDCI (~26000 Kms. so far). The car had a clutch plate failure 3 weeks back, which had to be replaced by the service center. Post this, I am noticing the car to be a bit wobbly and stiff on the suspension (very high feedback from the road). Initially I thought it is because of uneven air pressure in the tyres, but turns out that is not the case. Would this be because of any misalignment during repair?
Old 16th July 2017, 13:59   #10568
BHPian

Anyone ever replaced the side lamp (parking bulb) in their figo? I tried and failed miserably. I was able to remove the headlight bulb, but not the side lamp. The manual says to 'prise' it out. However, I could just remove the headlamp cover, but do nothing to the side lamp. Anyone tried it?
Old 20th July 2017, 09:51   #10569
Senior - BHPian

I just started facing the problem of belt squeal for about 10 seconds during cold starts on my 2013 Figo D. The car has run ~55k km. Anybody have more info on what this could be? Do I need to get this checked immediately ?
Old 20th July 2017, 10:13   #10570
BHPian

@fiat_tarun: most probably a case of bad tensioner pulley. Bad serpentines usually squeal when the engine is warm
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 14:50   #10571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I just started facing the problem of belt squeal for about 10 seconds during cold starts on my 2013 Figo D. The car has run ~55k km. Anybody have more info on what this could be? Do I need to get this checked immediately ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
@fiat_tarun: most probably a case of bad tensioner pulley. Bad serpentines usually squeal when the engine is warm
Normally, the belt rubber hardens in 4 / 5 years time. I had got the belt changed after 4 years. Cost me about 1200. It is not problem that needs to fixed on urgent basis. You can delay it for some time if required.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 15:18   #10572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Don't neglect it. Requires atleast a belt change costing 600 bucks. Mine left me stranded at 3 am just a few hundred metres after I left home.

The snapping of the belt causes loss of steering power, it's like using a manual non power assisted steering. Got home easily as the roads were empty.

I had seen FASS quoting 20k+ for the belt and all pulley replacements on various cars . Check out the Ford Figo Owners group on Facebook. I felt it is quite unnecessary. Mine has run over 15k KM after only the belt change.

Edit : the brakes also lose their power assist.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 20th July 2017 at 15:21.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 16:13   #10573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Don't neglect it. Requires atleast a belt change costing 600 bucks. Mine left me stranded at 3 am just a few hundred metres after I left home.

The snapping of the belt causes loss of steering power, it's like using a manual non power assisted steering. Got home easily as the roads were empty.

I had seen FASS quoting 20k+ for the belt and all pulley replacements on various cars . Check out the Ford Figo Owners group on Facebook. I felt it is quite unnecessary. Mine has run over 15k KM after only the belt change.

Edit : the brakes also lose their power assist.
Is this the V belt you are talking about? I got it replaced along with the pulley replacements for 7k.
Old 20th July 2017, 17:37   #10574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Is this the V belt you are talking about? I got it replaced along with the pulley replacements for 7k.
I guess it's the V belt which drives the alternator that powers the steering and brakes.

So, it's the timing belt which costs 21k . At 7k , it's still expensive , if the pulleys are in good condition and only replacing the belt would suffice.
Old 20th July 2017, 23:06   #10575
BHPian

The injector problem is very common in to 2011 batch Figo's as well. Just google it and you will come across so many people that have had issues with injectors. I think Ford knows this and ethically a recall should be done. They have robbed many figo owners by asking them to replace yhe injectors @ Rs 20,000 per unit. All their dealerships ckaim that bad fuel quality is the culprit but why isnt this bad fuel affecting other brand cars?

I was interacting with a mechanic at Harpreet ford a week back and he admitted that figos till 2011 have severe issues with injectors aling with ac magnetic coils. Ford knows it but arent doing anything.

Ford should come forward and accept this glitch and support its customers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks