Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2017, 10:37   #10471
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

A bike fellow came from behind and hit the left indicator on wife's 2012 Figo ZXI (Petrol). As seen the attached picture, indicator unit is completely gone.
Was pondering if I should claim the insurance or just get it done at local workshop.
If anyone has replaced the indicator unit recently, could you please share the cost ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20170308photo00001007.jpg  

Old 21st March 2017, 10:46   #10472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
A bike fellow came from behind and hit the left indicator on wife's 2012 Figo ZXI (Petrol). As seen the attached picture, indicator unit is completely gone.
Was pondering if I should claim the insurance or just get it done at local workshop.
If anyone has replaced the indicator unit recently, could you please share the cost ?
You are referring to the outer rear view mirror right?
There is no indicator on the mirror on the 2012 models.
Visit the Authorised Service Center and get it replaced. I don't think you need to go the insurance way for that.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 11:31   #10473
BHPian

Quote:
Ford Genuine OEM spare Left Hand Side (LHS), Power adjustable Outside Rear View Mirror (ORVM) for Ford Figo (old) costs 1400 rupees, plus painting charges 525, plus labor charges approximately 200. Total cost about 2125 rupees.

Source: Inquired at a Ford authorized service center.

Get the job done at an authorized service center and since the cost is very less, pay out of your pocket.

Cheers ! Live to Drive.

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 21st March 2017 at 11:34. Reason: spelling mistake corrected.
BLACKBLADE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 12:36   #10474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
You are referring to the outer rear view mirror right?
There is no indicator on the mirror on the 2012 models.
Visit the Authorised Service Center and get it replaced. I don't think you need to go the insurance way for that.
Yes I was referring to the ORVM. Blame on my oversight :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
Ford Genuine OEM spare Left Hand Side (LHS), Power adjustable Outside Rear View Mirror (ORVM) for Ford Figo (old) costs 1400 rupees, plus painting charges 525, plus labor charges approximately 200. Total cost about 2125 rupees.

Source: Inquired at a Ford authorized service center.

Get the job done at an authorized service center and since the cost is very less, pay out of your pocket.

Cheers ! Live to Drive.
Thanks Blackblade. Mine is not power adjustable so I guess it will cost lesser than this ?
Old 21st March 2017, 13:01   #10475
BHPian

Quote:
Has happened with me as well - should cost you lesser than 2k. Get it done at any Ford SS. Very small job, literally takes 15 mins.
Old 21st March 2017, 15:15   #10476
BHPian

My Figo is having starting issues. This is a petrol Figo from 2011.

The issue started 3 weeks back when I was outside Bangalore on a Sunday.
The car just wouldn't start. As it was a Sunday and i was not in the city, called a local garage. They came over and tried to jump start and did not work. Finally they pushed the car and got it to start by using the Second gear.
But then the accelerator did not respond. They took the car to the garage on idle. At the garage seemed to be working fine after they dusted off the accelerator sensor but when they asked me to drive, the same issue reoccured and the car did not start. Finally they replaced the battery and the fuel pump and post that the car seemd to be running.

I got the car home and was driving the Figo around for the last 3 weeks. But there was a considerable decrease in the power output and especially pickup. Today morning again the Figo did not start. Only thing was the AC knob was set at 3 when i tried to start the Figo.

Any advise on what can be the pain point would help.
Old 28th March 2017, 11:22   #10477
BHPian

Today morning, when I was reaching my office, I noticed that power steering had become very had. I switched off the AC after which it became considerably better to drive. Even without AC, the power steering is not back to its usual self.

Could you guys help me understand what could be the issue? Mine is a 2011 diesel titanium model with 985xx kms on odo..
Old 28th March 2017, 12:20   #10478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
My Figo is having starting issues. This is a petrol Figo from 2011.

I got the car home and was driving the Figo around for the last 3 weeks. But there was a considerable decrease in the power output and especially pickup. Today morning again the Figo did not start. Only thing was the AC knob was set at 3 when i tried to start the Figo.

Sounds like the battery is loosing charge (in case there is some extra electrical fitment) or the replacement battery is faulty. Or can be an alternator issue as well due to which the battery isn't charging sufficiently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Today morning, when I was reaching my office, I noticed that power steering had become very had. I switched off the AC after which it became considerably better to drive. Even without AC, the power steering is not back to its usual self.

Could you guys help me understand what could be the issue? Mine is a 2011 diesel titanium model with 985xx kms on odo..
Do check the power steering fluid level. There were few cases of fluid leaking at the pump joint. The leak had happened to me and the return pipe was replaced before I could feel it on the steering.
Old 28th March 2017, 13:50   #10479
BANNED

Fellow BHPians -

My Figo 1.2 stands at 71K and shall complete the 6th year of ownership in less than a fortnight, last weekend I had taken it for a 70K service and the SA was recommending a change of the timing belt.

As per the maintenance guidelines, the timing belt needs a change after 5 years of ownership, I had the following questions, would be thankful if the team can help here -

1) Is it an absolute must to change the belt, the car shall be driven close to 600 kms/month for the next year or so ?

2) The SA mentioned a cost of INR 7800 all inclusive for the change, any insight if any other member has got it changed, on the pricing ?

Thanks
-T
Old 28th March 2017, 13:54   #10480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post

Quote:
Sounds like the battery is loosing charge (in case there is some extra electrical fitment) or the replacement battery is faulty. Or can be an alternator issue as well due to which the battery isn't charging sufficiently.
From the description it seems to be a fuel pump issue and not battery. If fuel pump is not supplying the right amount, you will feel reduced pressure. If Alternator fails, usually fault light will come on.

Quote:
Wondering if it has something to do with the belt driving both power steering pump and AC compressor. Turning off the compressor reduces load on the belt is may be slipping less. Get it checked. You can also see visually if something is off normal.
Old 28th March 2017, 14:26   #10481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post

1) Is it an absolute must to change the belt, the car shall be driven close to 600 kms/month for the next year or so ?
My 1.2 has run 50k kms and in the 7th year now and the service centre did not mention this to me. I need to check the manual and see if this was to be replaced.
If it is part of the replacement schedule, it is better to stick to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
From the description it seems to be a fuel pump issue and not battery. If fuel pump is not supplying the right amount, you will feel reduced pressure.
Fuel pump was replaced as well as per the OP.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 16:28   #10482
BHPian

Quote:
Do check the power steering fluid level. There were few cases of fluid leaking at the pump joint. The leak had happened to me and the return pipe was replaced before I could feel it on the steering.

Tharian, the power steering fluid is at full level..

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Wondering if it has something to do with the belt driving both power steering pump and AC compressor. Turning off the compressor reduces load on the belt is may be slipping less. Get it checked. You can also see visually if something is off normal.

Supertinu, I think you are spot on.. When the AC is on, the movement of the belt is restricted.. It slips a lot and doesn't move freely.. Any idea what needs to be done for this?
Old 28th March 2017, 17:41   #10483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tharian, the power steering fluid is at full level..

Supertinu, I think you are spot on.. When the AC is on, the movement of the belt is restricted.. It slips a lot and doesn't move freely.. Any idea what needs to be done for this?
Did you get your drive belt and tensioner/ pulleys changed after buying the car? Normally it is done at 60000 kms, but in some cars it is done earlier. I got my Figo TDCI's changed when the odo was around 42000 kms.

I'm not sure of the Figo tdci as the car is now with my daughter in Bangalore, but on the petrol Fiesta, the drive belt is a kit of 2 belts, where the smaller belt is for the AC and the other one for the accessories like alternator, power steering etc.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 12:23   #10484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Did you get your drive belt and tensioner/ pulleys changed after buying the car? Normally it is done at 60000 kms, but in some cars it is done earlier. I got my Figo TDCI's changed when the odo was around 42000 kms.
I did get the drive belt changed at around 80k. I checked the belt and it is in great condition. On the other hand, the tensioner pulley has not been replaced till now. It seems to be the culprit.

When I started the car yesterday, everything was back to normal. The belt was running fine and I was able to use AC while driving. Anyways, I have given the car for 100k service today and have highlighted the issue. Let's see what the A.S.S. says.
Old 30th March 2017, 12:33   #10485
BHPian

Hi Guys. I recently purchased a pre-worshipped Ford Figo 1.2 Exi and have been happy with most of the aspects it offers. However, I don't know if it has been discussed earlier (pardon me if it has) but I'm getting a mileage of 7.5kmpl within the city with A/C on all the time. Isn't this terribly low for hatchback standards? I'm not expecting an FE of 13-15kmpl but 10-12 kmpl, yes for sure. It is a 2010 model and had run 123xx kms when I bought it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks