Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2017, 18:43   #10546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Anyone got a call from Ford dealer on this and have any additional details? As per the news, Ford will contact the affected owners directly.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/ford-anno...ome-topstories

Extracts from the new...Ford India has issued a recall of over 39,315 units of its cars produced from 2004 to 2012. The models affected are the Ford Fiesta Classic and the first generation of the Figo hatchback. The cars in question were made at the Ford India manufacturing facility in Chennai between the years 2004 and 2012. The reason for the recall is the potential concern related to the high pressure power assisted steering (or PAS) hose
I got the PAS hose in my 2011 Figo TDCi replaced a couple of years back due to leakage. Will they reimburse me now? :banghead:
Old 23rd June 2017, 20:07   #10547
BHPian

Dint Ford recall thousands of figos long ago for faulty rear twist beam and high pressure power steering hose?
I'm not sure if diesel figos were also recalled for hose issue but my petrol figo was recalled.
Wonder if the problem is re occurring.
Old 27th June 2017, 19:57   #10548
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have been noticing that whenever I release the accelerator, the engine over revs by 100-200 rpm before climbing down. It happens usually in first and second gear when the rpm climbs above 2k. Also this behaviour is more prominent when the engine is cold. Is this related to turbo, ECU bug or throttle position sensor? Any pointers? The car is diesel tdci and 61k Kms old.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 27th June 2017 at 19:58.
Old 27th June 2017, 20:57   #10549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I have been noticing that whenever I release the accelerator, the engine over revs by 100-200 rpm before climbing down. It happens usually in first and second gear when the rpm climbs above 2k. Also this behaviour is more prominent when the engine is cold. Is this related to turbo, ECU bug or throttle position sensor? Any pointers? The car is diesel tdci and 61k Kms old.
Normally, revs climbing is associated with worn clutch plates. Are you using stock clutch or changed in between? Worn clutch would also affect fuel efficiency. If you have been tracking the mileage on a regular basis, you can refer to it if it is indeed the case.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 10:51   #10550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Normally, revs climbing is associated with worn clutch plates. Are you using stock clutch or changed in between? Worn clutch would also affect fuel efficiency.
I have been using stock clutch till date. I have also noticed that the second gear has become weak and one has to shift to first or slip the clutch in second to get the pull. Also, the clutch kind of grabs/bites at the end and power delivery has become peaky/ juddery.

The revs climbing issue isn't noticed while the engine is revved in any gear, with the clutch depressed.
Old 29th June 2017, 01:12   #10551
BHPian

completed my petrol figo's 7th year service a few days ago.

General service was done plus pending replacements were also completed.
For the general service , i had asked to replace both the AC and air filter even though it wasn't recommended.

At the previous service, I was instructed to replace my drive and timing belt, VSS(speed sensor) and low pressure power steering hose. For now I skipped the low pressure hose since it had a minuscule leak since the past year and half, hardly a few drops were present on the pipe, hence deferred it to the next service. Remaining parts were replaced.

Since there was a monsoon camp going on, i got discount on labor for only the oil change and oil filter change, tried to persuade the SA to extend the discount to the entire labor charge, he gave me a sob story about incentives, i dint give him any tip

Total bill came to 11988/-
i was told that price of belts and tensioner had come down drastically , almost half the price of the older ones.
Again very professional work done by Caculo ford, hope they continue to service customers in the same way.

Posting the bill,
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-7th-service-1.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-7th-service-2.jpg

Regards
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 13:01   #10552
Distinguished - BHPian

Trying to find Mobil Delvac 1 5w30 in Bangalore. Anyone knows where I can find it for the Ford Figo D? Authentic source?
Old 30th June 2017, 13:53   #10553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Trying to find Mobil Delvac 1 5w30 in Bangalore. Anyone knows where I can find it for the Ford Figo D? Authentic source?
Sorry - requoting myself - there only seems to be Delvac 1 5w40. Is it alright to use this in place of 5w30? Anyone here done this?

http://www.rameshmarketing.com/products.php
Old 30th June 2017, 15:23   #10554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Sorry - requoting myself - there only seems to be Delvac 1 5w40. Is it alright to use this in place of 5w30? Anyone here done this?

http://www.rameshmarketing.com/products.php
You should stick to the manufacturer recommended specifications only and not change the viscosity. You can try Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30. This oil is recommended by Ford for old Figo as well as new Figo twins.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 15:34   #10555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
You should stick to the manufacturer recommended specifications only and not change the viscosity. You can try Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30. This oil is recommended by Ford for old Figo as well as new Figo twins.
Okay, so what I've read in prior posts is its okay to go with the Mobil Delvac 1 Synth 5w40 (within range of the 5w30). Delvac 1 being suited for Diesel engines.

Will go with the overwhelming majority here with the Delvac 1!

There really should be a sticky on the first page of this thread with top recommendations of oil's across specific grades. Makes it easier to dial things down quickly.
Old 3rd July 2017, 17:00   #10556
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I bought a Ford Figo(2010) last year due to many Maintenance issues in my Old Indica. After driving for few days, I found out that the VSS(Vehicle speed sensor) is acting up and quits working intermittently. Sometimes it stops working instantaneously as soon as you start the car in the morning and starts working after you have driven around 8-10 kms.

Due to this issue, the doors remain unlocked and the Speedometer doesn't work. Also, the AC works as if the car is being run on idle. As soon as the sensor starts working, the doors get locked, Speedometers starts working and the AC gets chilled, sometimes causing headaches due to the instant temperature change.

Showed the problem to FASS and they did a checkup citing the reason as VSS stops working due to Oil seal leakage from Gearbox. They would need to open the gearbox and put in the new seal, and any other part which might needs replacement. They said the VSS sensor seems to be fine but can only confirm once they open the gearbox.

Has anyone faced a similar problem and can confirm the fix. The estimate is around 20K which might go up if any other part is replaced.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by hocuspocus : 3rd July 2017 at 17:03. Reason: Grammar
Old 3rd July 2017, 17:16   #10557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
Hi Guys,

I bought a Ford Figo(2010) last year due to many Maintenance issues in my Old Indica. After driving for few days, I found out that the VSS(Vehicle speed sensor) is acting up and quits working intermittently. Sometimes it stops working instantaneously as soon as you start the car in the morning and starts working after you have driven around 8-10 kms.
My Figo had this issue occurring once in a while with only speedo shutting down. Doors didnt unlock nor did AC have any effect. Changing VSS fixed the issue. In your case assuming you got it checked at FASS, take an opinion from local FNG if possible. Also it would a good idea to plug in an OBD scanner and check for registered error codes. Hope this helps!
Old 3rd July 2017, 18:04   #10558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
My Figo had this issue occurring once in a while with only speedo shutting down. Doors didnt unlock nor did AC have any effect. Changing VSS fixed the issue. In your case assuming you got it checked at FASS, take an opinion from local FNG if possible. Also it would a good idea to plug in an OBD scanner and check for registered error codes. Hope this helps!
Thanks Akshay for your inputs. The FASS had checked the error code based on which they investigated and found this issue. However, I'm not too sure on their word even though I'm sure it's definately issue with the VSS since the AC works perfectly when VSS is working. Will get it checked with FNG as well. Thanks buddy !!
Old 3rd July 2017, 20:57   #10559

Hello,

I am having 2010 Model of Ford Figo Diesel titanium. I am having few strange and rather annoying issue with car. Will list down one by one.

1. Low ground Clearance - I am aware that this car is not best when it comes to ground clearance but for some time, it literally touching all the speed breakers with 4 people on board. I have checked air pressure and it is all fine.

2. Pulling from 2nd Gear - This is major issue. 2nd Gear is literally becoming useless for me. Car is unable to pull from 2nd gear over a speed breaker or pot hole. I have to change to 1st gear to do so. It shudder and sometime switch off.

Recently I was been to Mulshi Ghat near pune and car was struggling on simple turns climbing over to ghat sections.

Kindly Help. I am planning to take this to service center but wish to have a little idea what they are suppose to fix.

Many Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 10:15   #10560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive&Smile View Post
Hello,

I am having 2010 Model of Ford Figo Diesel titanium. I am having few strange and rather annoying issue with car. Will list down one by one.

1. Low ground Clearance -
2. Pulling from 2nd Gear -

Kindly Help. I am planning to take this to service center but wish to have a little idea what they are suppose to fix.

Many Thanks
Time to check and replace the shock absorbers (struts) and clutch set.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks