Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 08:26   #3046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
I would like to add that although Figo Tdci is lower on torque and power rating than the Fiat multijet, yet its more drivable and gets my vote as better of the two. Actually I am planning of booking a hatch in a few days. I wanted to test drive I 20 too, (although I am not too excited about it considering the lesser dynamic ability of this car vs its competitors, as already pointed out in this forum many times). But I could not test drive it yet, as no vehicle is available at two of the three Hyundai dealers in my city. :(
You will love the i20 if you think the Ford is better than the FIAT!!!

Fiat is more drivable than the Ford - Hands down! IMO
Old 31st July 2010, 21:28   #3047
BHPian

Once the punto engine(75hp) has run in, the turbo lag is not really a bother. That said,Figo is still more drivable of the two in the city.Overall, I feel Punto is the better car, but Ford is got the pricing spot on, giving tremendous value for your buck. After the 90hp punto launch, I wish they had reduced 75hp punto price a little down and parked the 90hp at the current 75hp epack level.

i20 is overpriced for whatever the premium feel it offers in my opinion, no offence to i20 owners.
Polo would be a better choice for the premium feel.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 31st July 2010 at 21:29.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:32   #3048
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I wrote 2 mails to Ford Customer care for the below issues.
1. The rubber boot encircling the fuel inlet tube (when you open the fuel lid) has misaligned and a big gap is seen.
2. Got a crack at the top point of my right rear brake light.Definitely the crack will widen and need to change the whole brake light assembly.

(will post the photos by tomorrow).

As anticipated no reply..
I took to Ford Body shop as advised by Service Advisor during my first service. The SA at the body shop told that not their job and asked to go to the service centre again. I went to service centre. It was very casual attitude by the SA's. One person saw and asked me to wait. Nobody cared to speak. I met the SA again and told me to wait. Luckily the Service Manager came and told him. He arranged one person and accompanied also.
On seeing this the service manager told," this all very common and no problem sir. The boot is of no use. No way it affects the vehicle".He asked his assistant to show another vehicle. It was also like that even worse

Regarding the crack, they took photos. Given my address and no. They told they will contact after speaking to Ford.

I told the SM, sir car is good, but the plastic and rubber parts are not of good quality. He started explaining and said." for this amount you will get only this. if you are interested you buy otherwise leave it". I understood his language and attitude.
Ford would have made success by launching Figo. But the service dealer attitude is not appreciable. Ford has to correct these and explain them the car success depends on after sales service.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:33   #3049
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
i20 is overpriced for whatever the premium feel it offers in my opinion, no offence to i20 owners.
Polo would be a better choice for the premium feel.
I totally agree after travelling two days in i20 from office.
Old 1st August 2010, 01:19   #3050
RDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I was referring to the petrol I 20, btw, as its in the same price band as Figo(under 6 lac approx.). Deisel I 20 would be drivable too, considering the good spec engine they have, alhough I have not driven it.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:32   #3051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I wrote 2 mails to Ford Customer care for the below issues.
1. The rubber boot encircling the fuel inlet tube (when you open the fuel lid) has misaligned and a big gap is seen.
2. Got a crack at the top point of my right rear brake light.Definitely the crack will widen and need to change the whole brake light assembly.

(will post the photos by tomorrow).

As anticipated no reply..
I took to Ford Body shop as advised by Service Advisor during my first service. The SA at the body shop told that not their job and asked to go to the service centre again. I went to service centre. It was very casual attitude by the SA's. One person saw and asked me to wait. Nobody cared to speak. I met the SA again and told me to wait. Luckily the Service Manager came and told him. He arranged one person and accompanied also.
On seeing this the service manager told," this all very common and no problem sir. The boot is of no use. No way it affects the vehicle".He asked his assistant to show another vehicle. It was also like that even worse

Regarding the crack, they took photos. Given my address and no. They told they will contact after speaking to Ford.

I told the SM, sir car is good, but the plastic and rubber parts are not of good quality. He started explaining and said." for this amount you will get only this. if you are interested you buy otherwise leave it". I understood his language and attitude.
Ford would have made success by launching Figo. But the service dealer attitude is not appreciable. Ford has to correct these and explain them the car success depends on after sales service.
I am pretty much looking for the Next Ford Fiesta. But if service department is so hostile, I may have to change my plans. But as far as GTO's report goes it says Built quality is solid. Thats the same I too felt about it. Then what about these quality issues?

Can anyone let me know how much FE are you getting for the petrol version. Im sorry if i missed it before.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:21   #3052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I am pretty much looking for the Next Ford Fiesta. But if service department is so hostile, I may have to change my plans. But as far as GTO's report goes it says Built quality is solid. Thats the same I too felt about it. Then what about these quality issues?

Can anyone let me know how much FE are you getting for the petrol version. Im sorry if i missed it before.
You definitely cannot take decisions based on dealer experience in Chennai for your buying in kolkatta. Not just for Ford but any brand for that matter. These experiences will help in accessing/comparing local dealers.
Old 1st August 2010, 14:02   #3053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fiat is more drivable than the Ford - Hands down! IMO
I beg to differ on this, the figo has instant response compared to the terribly laggy punto, also, the gearbox feels much crisper. At higher speeds, i think the punto engine may be better. If you are looking at acceleration, the i20 has all the diesel hatches clobbered!!
Old 1st August 2010, 20:25   #3054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I beg to differ on this, the figo has instant response compared to the terribly laggy punto, also, the gearbox feels much crisper. At higher speeds, i think the punto engine may be better. If you are looking at acceleration, the i20 has all the diesel hatches clobbered!!
If you look at the torque band driving, the Punto is more tractable than the Figo.

Try this:

Do 100 kph odd in the Figo TDCi, when you ought to brake to say 50 kph, try accelerating without shifting the gears to see the Figo vibrate. This MAY not / IS not the best way to drive, but a good way to understand the engine characteristics.

Try the same in a Punto Multijet. Then we could compare notes
Old 1st August 2010, 23:14   #3055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

That sucks. Which dealer was it - Chennai Ford or MPL?
Old 2nd August 2010, 07:38   #3056
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
That sucks. Which dealer was it - Chennai Ford or MPL?
MPL. My car was not bought at MPL

Quote:
If you look at the torque band driving, the Punto is more tractable than the Figo.

Try this:

Do 100 kph odd in the Figo TDCi, when you ought to brake to say 50 kph, try accelerating without shifting the gears to see the Figo vibrate. This MAY not / IS not the best way to drive, but a good way to understand the engine characteristics.

Try the same in a Punto Multijet. Then we could compare notes
This is what I said some time back. In this matter our national diesel engine zips ahead at high speed acceleration and deceleration. Since I have not crossed 5k in my Figo, not tested this and not able to compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
You definitely cannot take decisions based on dealer experience in Chennai for your buying in kolkatta. Not just for Ford but any brand for that matter. These experiences will help in accessing/comparing local dealers.
Yes. This is purely about individual dealers and happens across all brands. Since Ford has less no of service dealers (only 2 in chennai - the hub of Ford) we have to live with it and hence more frustration. Ford has to allot more for new guys and should not extend the same with existing dealerships.

Attaching the photos of the crack & misaligned rubber boot. Attaching seat cover photos in my ownership thread
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn1267.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn1268.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2010, 07:46   #3057
BHPian

RGK, would the above defects be covered under warranty? As for the brakel ight crack, I am sure ford might argue saying that it is not be a manufacturing defect.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:06   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Yes. At around 50kph the RPM is at 1250RPM in 5th gear and the Figo engine is really not happy at this point when it is told to accelerate. Manza manages the same with ease.

The Figo engine has improved on this aspect with more distance under its belt.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:27   #3059
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
RGK, would the above defects be covered under warranty? As for the brakel ight crack, I am sure ford might argue saying that it is not be a manufacturing defect.
The crack exactly happened at the top spot (3 spots are there). I think it is due to manufacturing defect, the cracks are created due to car vibration. May be some air inside at that point - Plastic manufacturing experts have to say. It should be covered under warranty - I hope.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:46   #3060
BHPian

Yea, but these are very small things which need to be auto-covered under warranty even without us researching much. In other parts of the world such issues on plastics would be taken very seriously.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks