Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 17:07   #2896
BHPian

Is Ford supplying the same-tuned engine for Figo for all locations? I was under the impression that all mfgrs are supposed to supplying engines tuned to the specific fuel norms applicable in the delivery location.

From the qouted blog article

Quote:
Running such a new generation engine on inferior quality fuel causes severe damage to the Internal parts, eventually resulting in poor fuel efficiency, reduced engine life, lower pick-up, and refinement problems and the reason behind overall reduction in the performance of the vehicle is the High Sulphur content and Lower Octane levels.
Quote:
An executive from Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam) quoted, “We have a particular concern about the unavailability of the correct fuel from April 1. The current range of engines is tuned in such a way that they can handle both types of fuels (BS-II and BS-III). The next generation engine, of BS-IV, will be more tuned to handle BS-III than BS-II. If there is a sustained mismatch in fuel quality for about a month, then there will definitely be a very negative impact on performance. Most likely, there would be a knocking tendency while acceleration, much reduced fuel efficiency levels and a long-term impact on the life of the vehicle.”
Quote:
Siam’s officials also say that there is no estimation of the impact caused by lower grade fuel on the new BS-IV compliant engines and the damage will depend on many factors like how long or how often BS-II fuel is used and the driver’s habit of driving.
Add to that my question regarding BSIV fuel being used in my Dec09 BSIII Fiesta during Chennai Ford new Fiesta owners meet - reply was System G additive will take care of the same.

In the dedicated BSIV thread, I have noticed members having mixed opinion about FE impact but no other symptoms like engine knocking, pickup problems etc.

For me, my Fiesta is running just fine, for now;-} Will await some more scientific official estimation rather than a random blog post.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:18   #2897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Is Ford supplying the same-tuned engine for Figo for all locations? I was under the impression that all mfgrs are supposed to supplying engines tuned to the specific fuel norms applicable in the delivery location.
No, all manufacturers are supplying BS4 cars at all locations. That's why there may be an issue with places that haven't moved from BS2 to BS3 yet. Some BS3 cars like the Ikon and M800 aren't on sale in BS4 cities any more.

Quote:
In the dedicated BSIV thread, I have noticed members having mixed opinion about FE impact but no other symptoms like engine knocking, pickup problems etc.

For me, my Fiesta is running just fine, for now;-} Will await some more scientific official estimation rather than a random blog post.
You are running BS4 fuel (cleaner) in a BS3 Fiesta, so you should be fine. My mileage has gone up marginally, in fact.
Old 8th July 2010, 18:18   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You are running BS4 fuel (cleaner) in a BS3 Fiesta, so you should be fine. My mileage has gone up marginally, in fact.
So that means, when it comes to fuel compatibility, they are forward compatible, is it?

Seems like we have got our Fiestas bang at the right time - being BS3, it can gobble up BS2 / BS4 without any hitch
Old 8th July 2010, 18:21   #2899
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So that means, when it comes to fuel compatibility, they are forward compatible, is it?

Seems like we have got our Fiestas bang at the right time - being BS3, it can gobble up BS2 / BS4 without any hitch
I think the fuel is backward compatible
Old 8th July 2010, 18:26   #2900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Another quirk from Ford India.
Every car has this sticker on the driver's side - the right front door!
They had to have the bonnet release on the American pattern for whatever reason, but surely this sticker could be pasted where a driver could read it!
Very true, I did not find the sticker when I got the tires checked and asked the ghuy there to fill them up 33. I later found the sticker when I was cleaning my car
Old 8th July 2010, 21:41   #2901
BHPian

did a test drive of tdci today. Lag was almost nil compared to my punto
But the engine is very noisy on acceleration.
Old 8th July 2010, 23:28   #2902

So I too am lured by Figo, with all your reviews. Booked a Diamond white with coral interiors(family selection) and got allotment within a week. I was thinking of a waiting period of 30-40 days! Opted for Petrol Titanium with club pack, which consists of Alloy wheel kit(4 nos), Art leather seat cover and Fog lamp kit costing Rs.23,750/- extra. The allotment speed surprised me and my finance. I will take delivery, maybe next week.
Old 9th July 2010, 01:51   #2903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puyal View Post
So I too am lured by Figo, with all your reviews. Booked a Diamond white with coral interiors(family selection) and got allotment within a week. I was thinking of a waiting period of 30-40 days! Opted for Petrol Titanium with club pack, which consists of Alloy wheel kit(4 nos), Art leather seat cover and Fog lamp kit costing Rs.23,750/- extra. The allotment speed surprised me and my finance. I will take delivery, maybe next week.
Congratulations, Ford has also been able to take care of waiting periods, unlike VW. In your case, I think you got lucky with your choice. Right now, the waiting period is close to 15-20 days.
Old 9th July 2010, 09:49   #2904
BHPian

Dear All,

What i understood from my figo buying experience is that figo petrol models (Exi, titanium) with coral interiors are very easy to get and other models with black interiors will always take time from the factory. It took more than 3 moths for me to get my figo ZXI with black interiors.
Proper follow up is necessary to get your vehicle on time and a mail to ford customer care will also help you to put pressure on dealers for a quick delivery.

Cheers!
Old 9th July 2010, 10:45   #2905

I am going for financing through SBI for a part of the cost. It seems SBI has the best rates. 8% for the first year and 10% for the next two years. You can make part payment also and after 18 months you can foreclose without penalty!
Old 9th July 2010, 14:44   #2906
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Better check with SBH also. There are many branches in the city. I heard thousand light branch responds fast.
Old 9th July 2010, 17:09   #2907
Senior - BHPian

This happened when I was practising driving on my diesel Figo. I was driving in a playground and there was this bumpy area which I got into, once the car was there the steering started to turn by itself in the direction in which the tyres turned due to the bumps (the bumps muddy contours typical of uneven play grounds) as i was not holding steering firmly I was shocked for a while and thought I was loosing control of the car, I however got the control back and returned to normal area.

But is this normal? Pardon my ignorance as I am a complete noob to driving.
Old 9th July 2010, 17:18   #2908
BHPian

Yea normal. It happens depending on the shape and contours of the bump.
Old 9th July 2010, 19:59   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
This happened when I was practising driving on my diesel Figo. I was driving in a playground and there was this bumpy area which I got into, once the car was there the steering started to turn by itself in the direction in which the tyres turned due to the bumps (the bumps muddy contours typical of uneven play grounds) as i was not holding steering firmly I was shocked for a while and thought I was loosing control of the car, I however got the control back and returned to normal area.

But is this normal? Pardon my ignorance as I am a complete noob to driving.
That is supposed to be one of the strongpoints of Ford driving dynamics - brilliant steering feedback You exactly know what is going down under there.
Old 9th July 2010, 20:26   #2910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Yea normal. It happens depending on the shape and contours of the bump.

Quote:
That is supposed to be one of the strongpoints of Ford driving dynamics - brilliant steering feedback You exactly know what is going down under there.
Thanks for the clarification, good to know it is a good thing to happen :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Dear All,

It took more than 3 moths for me to get my figo ZXI with black interiors.

Cheers!
I am not sure the situation now, but I got my color of choice(sea grey) with ebony dashboard in 3 weeks. I got the delivery on July 3rd and got a June manufactured vehicle. So not sure why you had to wait for 3 months!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks