Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 22:17   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
All those who are complaining of low mileage on the Figo TDCi (including me), i guess we should have done our homework well.

Here is the F.E updates of Fiesta TDCi owners from the Long Term section.

Attachment 371667

So i guess anyone getting more than 14 in city. ENJAY! You guys are getting a Bonus!! And NOW... I'm really going to ENJOY MY DRIVE.
Hi Gemi thats great stats, that was what I was assuming, after having noticed many people publishing that their FE has increased post first service.

Request other Figo owners to post in their FE figures (those who completed 1st service) have a strong feeling we are gonna see good numbers here
Old 21st June 2010, 13:37   #2747
BHPian

Good catch @Gemi. One has to do his own research to find out the real facts.

BTW - I returned from a trip to Bangalore and I got a mileage of 19.26kmpl. Did the tank to tank method. And this car is really a highway champion. Really easy to drive. And the A/C - my Mom kept the milk and other frozen stuff near the leg side blower of the passenger seat - and it maintained the low temperature so well.

Also due to a slight wrong turn I ended up travelling 120KM extra. So now my vehicle will finally go for service soon.

One more thing:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figokey_milestones_reached.jpg  

Old 21st June 2010, 14:37   #2748
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the F.E updates of Fiesta TDCi owners from the Long Term section.

Attachment 371667

So i guess anyone getting more than 14 in city. ENJAY! You guys are getting a Bonus!! And NOW... I'm really going to ENJOY MY DRIVE.
Any idea about the FE from Figo petrol owners

My father-in-law will probably receive his Figo petrol next week and so was interested.I know Figo petrol is anyways a minority.
Old 21st June 2010, 15:05   #2749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post

My father-in-law will probably receive his Figo petrol next week and so was interested.I know Figo petrol is anyways a minority.
Last I checked, I got 14kmpl with 50/50 split between highway & city driving.
Old 21st June 2010, 15:25   #2750
BHPian

Quote:

I'm getting 10.58 (Those are the exact figures upto 2 decimal places I got after last 2 tank fulls) within city.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:16   #2751
BHPian

I have booked the Figo diesel on 29th May and still waiting for the delivery. Has anyone booked during that time and got their cars by now?? Metro Ford Bangalore has no clue about my car (I had opted for sea grey without any second colour option).

I would also like to know the exact process from this stage (first time new car buyer). I presume Ford would call the dealer when they find the final tyre for my car and the dealer in turn would call me once the car comes to their yard.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:21   #2752
BHPian

can figo petrol owners pls share more of fe feedback??

your help would highly be appreciated by prospective petrol buyers like me

thks
Old 21st June 2010, 16:53   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishF1 View Post
Metro Ford Bangalore has no clue about my car (I had opted for sea grey without any second colour option).
One of my relatives wanted a Figo Petrol, any variant any color. Offered to pay full cash. And told them that if they were not able to give it in a day, he would buy the i10 which he had booked earlier(he had the slip).

His Figo came the same day and also got registered.

The Metro guy simply changed the allotment for some other person and assigned it to my relative(this was told by my relative).

So unless you make some good noise - expect to keep waiting.
Old 21st June 2010, 17:26   #2754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My father-in-law is getting around 12-13kmpl in busy B2B Gurgaon traffic (Figo Sea Grey EXi )

Cheers!
Old 21st June 2010, 18:00   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
My father-in-law is getting around 12-13kmpl in busy B2B Gurgaon traffic (Figo Sea Grey EXi )

Cheers!

Thks Myavu. Is it with ac on 100% of the time?
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:43   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
One of my relatives wanted a Figo Petrol, any variant any color. Offered to pay full cash. And told them that if they were not able to give it in a day, he would buy the i10 which he had booked earlier(he had the slip).

His Figo came the same day and also got registered.

The Metro guy simply changed the allotment for some other person and assigned it to my relative(this was told by my relative).

So unless you make some good noise - expect to keep waiting.
Thanks will rattle till heard; but in your relatives case it was a petrol that too without the variant or colour choice. In my case all these are specified to the last line ... You think its worth all the effort?
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:50   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
Thks Myavu. Is it with ac on 100% of the time?
At least 80%. His daily commute is just 9kms with some 50kms odd weekend trips.

Regards

Vinu
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:19   #2758
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Driven this weekend in and around Nandanam extn (near boston school) and T.Nagar Ragaviah road many times- with full of speed breakers - did not underscrap even once.
Tire pressure - 32 psi kept in all 4 tires.
No of pax - 3

As said by Brix, Figo behaves well in highway with (as said by many) Ford's trademark of good grip and strongness felt.

One thing I noticed is even if you open any one door after halt, it automatically locks itself after crossing 7kmph.

Last edited by RGK : 22nd June 2010 at 15:24.
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:14   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
One thing I noticed is even if you open any one door after halt, it automatically locks itself after crossing 7kmph.
Thats a standard feature

I have the same in my SX4(although at 20kmph) and assume many other brands would be having the same.
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:16   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gemi,

Quote:
Yesterday my Manza completed her 3 months with me and has covered 8200+kms. It has been a rush of activity for the past month aftre my daughter's Xth results were out.

Though I had envisaged a lot of comparative tests for the Manza and the Figo (and did some too), many of them did not work out to my satisfaction because I was too busy to complete a pattern the way I wanted.

Looking at all the data sheets that I made during the tests, I found a set which could be reasonably compare.

Here goes: 2 People, AC on through out,

On 01/06/2010 we did a Tirunelveli - Alleppey trip (Via Tenkasi, Thenmala, Punalur, Adoor, Kayamkulam) in the Figo. The distance of 223km was done in a running time of 4 hrs and 50 minutes and it consumed 15.11L of diesel giving a 14.76kpl. It was disappointing since from the position of the guage, I assumed it would be a better mileage than this (the Scanguage and the Figo don't seem eye to eye these days, as far as fuel consumption figures are concerned).

On 21/06/2010, the same was done in the Manza. The running time was 4 hrs 55 minutes. The distance of 224kms was done with 13.21L giving a figure of 16.96kpl (the display in the car showing 18.1). From what I observe, if we stop at cutoff, it more or less coincides with the car's display figures.

The Figo is doing all the runs which are related to my daughter which in a day would be atleast 74kms. I will continue this for a week and give you the mileage I get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks