Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2010, 18:46   #3496
BHPian

Finally found time to write my review of Figo. Its a short term report. Just completed 7 months of taking delivery, and the current odo is at 11k.

Read on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ox-choice.html
Old 6th December 2010, 17:01   #3497
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
And you sometimes don't realize that the rear wiper is on till you look in your RVM next. That was the point Joe was trying to make..
Thanks for the detailed explanation Kala

(I think it was about to come), I am about to book my Figo in diesel, Titanium variant.

Color choice would be between White/Silver.

I am ordering few accessories, can someone post picture of spoiler, want to know how the Car looks with and without it.

Thanks
Old 6th December 2010, 17:03   #3498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
(I think it was about to come), I am about to book my Figo in diesel, Titanium variant.
Well, congratulations Sheel. So finally it seems your quest for the ideal car has come to a conclusion.

How much is the waiting period for the Figo nowadays ? And whats the OTR ?
Old 6th December 2010, 17:21   #3499
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Well, congratulations Sheel. So finally it seems your quest for the ideal car has come to a conclusion.

How much is the waiting period for the Figo nowadays ? And whats the OTR ?
Thanks

The ex-showroom is 5,36,400
Insurance 15,369

I would be getting the Car registered 10-15 days later and have heard that it is calculated after deducting vat @ 3% of Car's ex-showroom price.(after subtracting vat and other duties, the the price's 3%)

The showroom sales people are asking for ~20 days to deliver me my choice of color (white/silver) dashboard(black).

Thinking to go in for split silver alloys from Ford. Looks good and the Ford logo enhances its appeal further.

The dealer would provide me accessories worth 6K.

BTW, drove the 1.2K for the first time yesterday & is w-a-y more refined than 1.3G. If I got a petrol, it would be the Swift (maybe the new one and if it is launched now, I would be in two minds). It was pulling hard even at 6,000rpm.
Old 7th December 2010, 13:10   #3500
Senior - BHPian

@Sheel : White is a good choice , while Silver is a safe one. Compared to the insane waiting for others (Polo/Swift etc), 20 days for your choice of trim & colour is VERY reasonable. Kudos to Ford for that.

PS : Does your monthly running justify the diesel ?
Old 7th December 2010, 14:44   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks

The ex-showroom is 5,36,400
Insurance 15,369
Sheel - there is a discount offer on Ford's now. As per my rough estimate you can get a Ford Ikon(on road) at 5.5lakhs. Check it out. Limited offer till Dec 17th.
Old 7th December 2010, 15:27   #3502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
PS : Does your monthly running justify the diesel ?
My monthly running might vary a lot and I don't see the Car clocking more than 10K a year.
Though prefer a petrol Car, but nothing seems exciting as of now. Had the new Swift come in...

I have decided (almost) Figo it is. Would be sending them a cheque within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Sheel - there is a discount offer on Ford's now. As per my rough estimate you can get a Ford Ikon(on road) at 5.5lakhs. Check it out. Limited offer till Dec 17th.
No Ikon. (Though prefer a sedan than a hatch-back). Its just too long in the tooth and this Car shall be staying for around 5 years.

Anyone with the Figo spoiler pics?
Old 7th December 2010, 17:25   #3503
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Could not get time to write about A-S-S experience for the followup had after my windshield replacement experience. Now the noise has come down little bit inside, but definitely not as before.Will put a detailed report in my ownership thread in a day or two.
But my adivce - never change windshield if you find any crack even though it is lengthier unless it affects your vision of driving.
Old 7th December 2010, 22:34   #3504
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a 1.4 Tdci figo Zxi in the ford dec dhamal. My invoice says standard fitment of Rs.2000/-. This is for the floor mats, dicky mats and mud flaps. Should I go for it? Delivery is tomorrow.
Old 7th December 2010, 22:41   #3505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I have booked a 1.4 Tdci figo Zxi in the ford dec dhamal. My invoice says standard fitment of Rs.2000/-. This is for the floor mats, dicky mats and mud flaps. Should I go for it? Delivery is tomorrow.
I would suggest you to take a look at those items for yourself and decide. Better quality mats are available outside. Showroom price for the accessory+fitment will be always high. And you can't bargain there.

Advance wishes for your purchase. Drive safe
Old 8th December 2010, 14:27   #3506
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
The quality differs from Dealer to dealer. As mentioned check it out. Fabric mats look good, but get awfully dirty. I use Packy Poda mats and they are very durable.
Old 8th December 2010, 18:29   #3507
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Updated my story of spending more time at Service centre rather than enjoying this excellent car. All happened of my bad decision of replacement of windshield change in my ownership thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2168095
Old 9th December 2010, 00:59   #3508
Senior - BHPian

Picked up the car today. really nice. Will write up once i log in some kms.
Old 9th December 2010, 09:37   #3509
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Picked up the car today. really nice. Will write up once i log in some kms.
No doubt it is a good car.. Happy and Safe motoring...
Old 9th December 2010, 22:09   #3510
BHPian

When I choose Bluetooth Audio as the music source on my Figo's system, it gets the media player on my mobile(n82) on automatically and starts playing the stored music. I dont have to seperately start the player on my mobile.Is this how it is supposed to be?

However, sometimes it doesnt do so and I have to seperately on the player on my mobile.

@RGK, just went through your ownership thread. I sincerely hope your problem with the Figo is sorted out and you are able to enjoy your car. I admire your patient but persistent way of dealing with the company and their dealers. Would posting the thread on their Facebook page help?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks