Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 21:45   #3466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I found a strange problem with the DTE today. I had put 300 bucks diesel in a local bunk and came to Office. While waiting for the turbo to calm down, I decided to check the DTE.

What happened is - It showed 160, then it went like a timer all the way upto 168, then it came back to 160. Then it reduced all the way down to 154. Kept doing this in an endless loop.

Is this normal? I'm seeing this for the first time.
I have noticed it once in my car under almost similar circumstances. The DTE was flitting about as if unable to decide what number to stop. Dont know whether it is normal or not.
Old 27th November 2010, 12:24   #3467
BHPian

I have the following sounds

1. Standard right rear squeak
2. Standard left rear squeak

@anilisanil & deep blue

Hey guys:

For 1, check out gemithomas ownership report. It seems a little lubrication of the clam of the brake fluid pipe going to the rear right wheel solves the problem. Atleast, it did in mine and a lot of other peoples case. Details with photographs are given in his thread.
Old 27th November 2010, 13:48   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post

@anilisanil & deep blue

Hey guys:

For 1, check out gemithomas ownership report. It seems a little lubrication of the clam of the brake fluid pipe going to the rear right wheel solves the problem. Atleast, it did in mine and a lot of other peoples case. Details with photographs are given in his thread.
Done that twice already. But the sound comes back after about 2-3 weeks perhaps indicating the need for lubrication.
There is a solution for the 2nd squeak as well. Tried that also but recurs again.

We need a permanent solution.
Old 27th November 2010, 21:55   #3469
RGK
Senior - BHPian

TDCi - EXi 7400km

After some reminders to Ford, I got a call on Thursday from Ford and suggested me to take to the SC at Vadapalani where both body shop & Mechanical shop was available.
I have told clearly my problem. Infact I took my colleague's titanium with me for the SA's observation. They found the difference of noises between two cars easily.

Regarding the TSB's

1. For C pillar squeak, new clips are sent by Ford for replacement. It was done in my car
2. A new TSB was given for some brake sensors (could not get the clear info about this as SA was busy). A new additional wiring was added in my car as per Ford's advice. - Figoians please contact your dealer. Meanwhile let me get the full info on that.
3. I think in future TSB, the squeak at the left & right rear would be covered.

Since lot of Figo owners are updating, let me suggest one thing for bhpians to mention the model and KM driven in the title for easy reference.

I had a chance of driving Polo TDI today. No doubt the car is supreme. The premium is seen every where from fit, finish & performance. Heard from that owner, if the original key is lost - VW charges 12k for replacement
In India - very clear - you get what you pay for..

Last edited by RGK : 27th November 2010 at 22:06.
Old 28th November 2010, 02:06   #3470
BHPian

@RGK
Great to hear that you are still satisfied with their efforts even though your problem hasn't been fully rectified/diagnosed so far.

About the TSB on the brake sensors, is it a fix for some kind of brake issue or just an upgrade? I'm asking this since my car will be going in for first service on Monday (most probably) and should I ask them about this TSB or is it only for vehicles having some kind of related issues?

As of now, luckily, my car hasn't started squeaking yet, only problem is a shuddering sound from under the hood while moving over a rough patch. Can't pin point what that sound is.

And since you drove the Polo TDi, how did you find the performance and driveability compared to the Figo? I had test-driven the petrol polo, but had to opt out for various reasons.
Old 28th November 2010, 08:13   #3471
Senior - BHPian

I remember someone post about something with the brake calipers being done by Ford. The brake sensor thing is new info. If its a sensor i think it should be only for Titanium owners. Please do confirm what it really is.

@ Jayded: Could you please enquire about the brake caliper thing? Are they doing it on all cars or just for those who complain. Also have you got your rear window winder position changed? It really helps. Get that done.
Old 28th November 2010, 19:02   #3472
RGK
Senior - BHPian

This is what is written on the customer information sheet
- "As per FIL, Wiring service Kit provided under warranty". Let me enquire what they have done and update.

No Jayded - you can very well ask them to fix as per TSB whether you get it or not.

I had a very short drive. No squeaks, brake sounds, no special engine noise inside the cabin like my car . As said by all - gear shifting is like amul butter
Old 28th November 2010, 20:37   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
@ Jayded: Could you please enquire about the brake caliper thing? Are they doing it on all cars or just for those who complain. Also have you got your rear window winder position changed? It really helps. Get that done.
Sure, I'll check with the service advisor about the TSB and post the information here. Will also get the winder position adjusted, even though the windows in my car do not roll down on their own. My primary concern is just a shuddering sound under the hood and the jerks while up-shifting which I believe is my mistake. The shift from 2 → 3 is my problematic area where I need to work on.
Old 29th November 2010, 07:36   #3474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I have noticed it once in my car under almost similar circumstances. The DTE was flitting about as if unable to decide what number to stop. Dont know whether it is normal or not.
Happens all the time with the dte when you fill less fuel in your car which already has very less fuel left.

Dte stabilizes after a few kms of driving or after giving the car 15 mins of rest. This situation is nothing to worry about. Its just the inability of the dte to calculate an absolute value when less fuel is filled in a car which already had the fuel warning light on. Happens more commonly in petrol versions.

By the way, I am working on the squeaks issue and I will have some solution in a day or two.
Old 29th November 2010, 10:14   #3475
BHPian

I always fill full tank. Any case DTE flitting doesnt bother me.I just pointed it out as anilsanil had asked whether anybody else had noticed it.

@RGK, Mine is a TDci Titanium run nearly 7500kms till now

Aah.. How I wish the Etios had come 6 months earlier.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:54   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I remember someone post about something with the brake calipers being done by Ford. The brake sensor thing is new info. If its a sensor i think it should be only for Titanium owners. Please do confirm what it really is.

Gave my car in for the first free service today morning.
The issue was indeed diagnosed as brake caliper vibration. The guy who test drove my car mentioned that the play of the calipers have increased which is causing the shuddering sounds while moving over a rough patch. It's something which is corrected if your car is affected. So Gemi, if you face the issue, get it checked, else you can relax. I've also asked them to correct the winder position of the rear windows.

Regarding the TSB for the brake sensors,
This is applicable to Titanium versions alone. The light indicator on the instrument cluster which glows to show an ABS failure (if it has failed) does not reflect the same on certain cars. Hence a coupler (?) will be replaced on cars which have been diagnosed having this sensor issue.
This is the information I received from my SA. Not sure how technically correct that explanation is.

Will post my post-service experience later during the evening/night.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:59   #3477
RGK
Senior - BHPian

TDCi - EXi 7400km

Gave the car to MPL Ford - which has both body shop & Mechanical shop. Explained clearly my story fully to the SM. Hope they may set right things at last.
As said before the MPL response was very good.

One senior technician explained regarding the TSB, a wiring kit is added from the brake tank/booster sensor to the IP cluster to warn drivers if the brake fluid goes down below the min level. I wonder how come Ford missed this important warning. It is even available for Maruti 800. So figo owners -please get this done.

Welcome Mustang.101. Pl go thro my ownership thread. Bit selfish here - need your intervention. May bug you for some support if things dont work. Also waiting for fix for Squeaks heard almost by all owners.

Last edited by RGK : 29th November 2010 at 12:01.
Old 29th November 2010, 12:18   #3478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
One senior technician explained regarding the TSB, a wiring kit is added from the brake tank/booster sensor to the IP cluster to warn drivers if the brake fluid goes down below the min level. I wonder how come Ford missed this important warning. It is even available for Maruti 800. So figo owners -please get this done.
Darn, I was told something else. Should I call up and check again, my car is still at the service center. I was told it concerns the Titanium versions alone. Hmmm, not sure whats the exact deal.
Old 29th November 2010, 18:13   #3479
BHPian

Received car after first free service.
Amount paid = 1,643/- including tax

The brake pad shuddering seems to be solved. But the portion of the front fender just behind the mud flaps looks like they are pried open and not fixed back properly. Will have to take it back tomorrow or so. No damages on that portion, but it is bending outwards as if ill-fitted

Can other Figo TDCi owners confirm if the amount paid is what you too had to shell out for the first service?
Old 29th November 2010, 18:21   #3480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Received car after first free service.
Amount paid = 1,643/- including tax

The brake pad shuddering seems to be solved. But the portion of the front fender just behind the mud flaps looks like they are pried open and not fixed back properly. Will have to take it back tomorrow or so. No damages on that portion, but it is bending outwards as if ill-fitted

Can other Figo TDCi owners confirm if the amount paid is what you too had to shell out for the first service?
On the outset 1643 seems to be on higher side, let me check the bill and let you know.

BTW inquired about the TSB on brake sensor thing, it is not for all the figos, it is only for a batch of vehicles. My VIN number is not of that batch and hence I do not need to get that done, so kindly check before you blindly get that brake sensor thing done!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks