Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2010, 17:41   #3316
Senior - BHPian

My replies are in line and in bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by renney.varghese View Post
What I did not like were:

1. Had a bit of problem getting behind the wheel ... perhaps because I have a bit longer legs. Got hit on the center partition twice.

I am 6 feet but never faced any such problems.

2. The wiper, lights and washer controls would need to get used to, cos they are not the conventional styled ones.

Agreed!

3. No freebies offered .. not even a corporate discount

I got ~4000 discount and 3rd year extended warranty, this was in July 10

Could someone help me out with a few questions that I have about the diesel variant?

1. The TDCI, as they say is the same one as that in the Fiesta. How's has the engine fared since it's launch?

TDCi is in fact from Fiesta stable. There are some varied FE issues. My FE started at around 14 kmpl in city and is touching 17 kmpl in city now. A recent highway trip returned 23 kmpl.

2. I have been driving petrols all these while and now I am planning to go in for a diesel, as my runnings are over 850 kms a month. Most of my drives are long ones. The fuel part is economical when i calculated, but not too sure about the maintenance .. never owned a diesel. Can someone help me out ?

Maintainence is a bit expensive around 25-30% more. While the first service for petrol costs 950-1000 for Diesel it is ~1300

3. What are the maintenance activities needed for the diesel engine?

oil and filter changes once in 10000km.

4. A close friend stated that diesel engines have a much shorter life than petrol ones. Is that true?

Depends on your driving habits. Diesel taxis run for 1.5-2.0 L kms and more!

Thanks so much guys for your time to read through this post
Old 13th October 2010, 07:45   #3317
BHPian

Thanks so much Anil for clearing that out for me! Cheers!
Old 13th October 2010, 16:16   #3318

Booked One

Hi.. guys ..

I just booked a Ford Figo EXi 1.2 Petrol .. expecting delivery round the weekend.

The car Looked perfect for me.. not much driving around for me .. Ford brand .. good a/c and great handling .. spacious .. etc

Just wanted to know the Basic PDI and any thing particular
to look out for before taking the delivery ...

Please help again.

I had asked for the same request for Yamaha R15 and the Forum guys were spot on ..

Do help kindly !
Old 13th October 2010, 17:39   #3319
Senior - BHPian

^^ dev

It is simple, go to the search tab and type "PDI Checklist" and you get various results. I am pasting the ones which might interest you:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kulkarni.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

In case you are asking for specific PDI for Ford:- Just make sure that your vehicle does not squeak and your windows do not roll down when the car is in motion. But I don't think it is possible, dealer would not allow! But do gtry your luck, all the best and congratulations on new buy!
Old 14th October 2010, 12:04   #3320

thanks

Hey Thanks for the PDI link ..

But i would like to know anything particular from the Current Figo owners
Any peculiar thing to look out for ?

Old 14th October 2010, 20:53   #3321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
The speakers (JBL 8628 5x7 inch) cost me 3500/- a pair. Installation done at Autoshop, Koramangala. They fit perfectly into the recesses made for the stock speakers. Result: huge difference in sound - the stock speakers were one-way, and the tweeter on the JBLs gives a new dimension to the high-mid and high frequency band. The lows now go lower, and sound tight and clear. They are bright, just like most JBLs, but for the music I listen to, they suit me just fine.
How did you figure out the impedence of the stock one. Any idea which brand or how to know the exact impedence, as the JBL seems to be 2 ohm
Old 16th October 2010, 10:56   #3322
Senior - BHPian

Encountered my first "problem" with my TDCI Titanium Figo. The check engine light remained ON while running, and my OBD-II scanner indicated an error code of P0101 which meant Mass Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance problem.

Took it to Lathangi motors for diagnosis, they took about 3 hours for the trouble-shooting / fix, The problem was traced to rodent activity - some wires leading to the MAP sensors were chewed off by rats :( The error got cleared after they reconnected the wires and re-insulated the whole cable harness.

Nett damage Rs 300 + 10.3% tax for labour.

Anyone has any ideas on how to prevent rats from entering the engine compartment ? There are plenty of them outside our house (I park the car in the porch) and eradicating them totally seems a tough task. Worried about what they would chew off next !

Last edited by kala : 16th October 2010 at 10:59.
Old 16th October 2010, 21:05   #3323
BHPian

autocop for figo

Has anyone added an autocop or a similar security device to the FIGO? The inbuilt system system really does not match with the features provided by autocop. I have a query though, by adding an autocop would it affect the current features provided by default? Can anyone revert on this please?
Old 17th October 2010, 12:12   #3324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Has anyone added an autocop or a similar security device to the FIGO? The inbuilt system system really does not match with the features provided by autocop. I have a query though, by adding an autocop would it affect the current features provided by default? Can anyone revert on this please?
Can you explain what features the Autocop provides that you miss in the OE Immobilser+Key Less Entry apart from the 'Keen..keen' beeper? Even I miss it at times.

However from a anti-theft point of view, an immobiliser is definetly more effective than the Burglar Alarm equipped autocop. Do you think anyone cares to even give a glance to car that screams, 'keen...keeen' when someone's trying to steal it?

My suggestion is not to replace the OE equipment with Autocop.
Old 17th October 2010, 18:06   #3325
BHPian

Did the first tankful to tankful method to calculate the FE in 1125kms (TDCi).
Since last tankful,
Trip meter:- 417.8 kms
Fuel:- 27.06 litres
Hence FE:- 15.44 km/l
Driving condition:- 60% highway 40% city with moderate traffic (very rarely bumper to bumper)
AC:- ON 80% of the time
New DTE reading:- 662 kms

I'm pretty satisfied with the data considering that the vehicle is still in the run-in period and also at the fact that I'm new to a diesel car.

Last edited by jayded : 17th October 2010 at 18:12.
Old 17th October 2010, 23:45   #3326
BHPian

Has anyone tried any performance or in box filters, if so any recommendations /suggestion for a petrol figo and what are the results like.
Old 18th October 2010, 00:02   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Can you explain what features the Autocop provides that you miss in the OE Immobilser+Key Less Entry apart from the 'Keen..keen' beeper? Even I miss it at times.

However from a anti-theft point of view, an immobiliser is definetly more effective than the Burglar Alarm equipped autocop. Do you think anyone cares to even give a glance to car that screams, 'keen...keeen' when someone's trying to steal it?

My suggestion is not to replace the OE equipment with Autocop.
Point taken! However wanted to know can the autocop be added without altering the existing system?
Old 18th October 2010, 09:00   #3328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Point taken! However wanted to know can the autocop be added without altering the existing system?

no, autocop cannot be added w/o altering. I may be wrong because this is not direct knowledge. However, I tried to add those beep beep sound to the OE system but the local after market car accessory shop said they cannot do it.

as someone said, OE equipment is decent and should not be tampered with, IMHO!
Old 18th October 2010, 14:46   #3329
BHPian

Does any of the Figo owners experience wind noise from the driver side windows while speeds exceed 70 -80 km/hr?
Its kind of light "swoooosh" sound, which resembles air blown through a small gap. I checked the windows for any gaps, but there were none. Anybody experiencing such an issue? Any method to stop it? Its not irritating as such but would hinder the speed-masking property marginally.
Old 18th October 2010, 17:10   #3330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Does any of the Figo owners experience wind noise from the driver side windows while speeds exceed 70 -80 km/hr?
Its kind of light "swoooosh" sound, which resembles air blown through a small gap. I checked the windows for any gaps, but there were none. Anybody experiencing such an issue? Any method to stop it? Its not irritating as such but would hinder the speed-masking property marginally.
Yes I did observe what you observed. It is as if air is getting leaked, but I could not establish if the air is actually leaking, but could not find anything. Do let me know if you are able to solve it, I am fed up solving the squeak issues and do not want to take up one more issue again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks