Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 20:43   #3166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
@perseus : I got the scratch on my FIGO in the exact same position long back, and it was pretty deep too .I noticed that many FIGO's have the scratch in the same region.
+1 Even I got the scratches exactly at the same place, it was pure mis-judgement and to make matters worse I was a newbie car-driver then Here is a pic of the scratch from my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...m-dsc05184.jpg

Talera ford gave an estimate of 5.5 K for it, but I have decided to keep the scratch that way. The paint is just a single layer on the wheel arches and is very vulernable to simple scratches. All layers of paint come out and the metal body is visible through it. To avoid rust setting on the scratches I got it touched-up at a local garage. The touch up looks pretty bad, but saves from rusting.
Old 27th August 2010, 21:51   #3167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
Finally it happened. I scratched my Figo while parking on office basement. There was a pillar and i was trying to park adjacent to it. and i heard krrrrrrr sound and my heart sank. I am thinking of touch up or should I leave it like that? It was totally my mistake and that's what making me more sad. Sorry for the poor quality pic. Took it with my mobile immediately after getting down.
The same happened to my sister's squeeze Figo at exactly the same area. Initially was given a quote of around 7 k but came down to 5.5k when we decided not to claim insurance. Wanted to do a touch up job but the adviser said that the entire portion from the C pillar to the wheel arch has to be repainted.
Old 28th August 2010, 12:03   #3168
BHPian

I gave my car for first free service at Planet Ford today. They told me approx bill would be around Rs. 1300. This includes oil change, Oil filter and batter water top up. I thought the amount would be somewhere around 900 as per some of you have reported on this thread.

I told them about the rear window coming down problem, hopefully they will fix it and also they seem to know about the squeaking sound issue. The person who took a drive to check the noise told me that they will insert some packing to get rid of this noise.

One of my mud flaps were damaged, so I asked them to replace it. The SA told me all mudflaps have to be replaced they cannot replace a single one. The cost of replacing all is Rs. 530. I will check out side if I get only one replaced. Anyone from Pune knows where I should go to get only one mud flap replaced?
Old 28th August 2010, 14:16   #3169
BHPian

Got the seat noise fixed today. Regarding scratch,SA told it will be very costly here better do a touch up. I got contact of a local paint shop through one of my friend and he quoted 1200 for the job. Going there tomorrow. Any precaution I should take with them. I made it clear that I will be there during all the process. How to make sure that paint matches exactly?
Old 28th August 2010, 22:35   #3170
BHPian

Its just not my time. I was driving home after dinner. Road was very badly lit. I was doing around 40+ when suddenly a pothole appeared and I braked a little hard and this guy in santro banged my Figo from behind .It was a loud thud. I came out to see the damage and to my surprise, bumper was intact as if nothing happened. I advised the other guy to drive carefully and drove back home.
Old 28th August 2010, 23:55   #3171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
I gave my car for first free service at Planet Ford today. They told me approx bill would be around Rs. 1300. This includes oil change, Oil filter and batter water top up. I thought the amount would be somewhere around 900 as per some of you have reported on this thread.

I told them about the rear window coming down problem, hopefully they will fix it and also they seem to know about the squeaking sound issue. The person who took a drive to check the noise told me that they will insert some packing to get rid of this noise.

One of my mud flaps were damaged, so I asked them to replace it. The SA told me all mudflaps have to be replaced they cannot replace a single one. The cost of replacing all is Rs. 530. I will check out side if I get only one replaced. Anyone from Pune knows where I should go to get only one mud flap replaced?
You have a Diesel figo? Then 1300 is about right.
900Rs was for the petrol figo.

Quote:
Got the seat noise fixed today. Regarding scratch,SA told it will be very costly here better do a touch up. I got contact of a local paint shop through one of my friend and he quoted 1200 for the job. Going there tomorrow. Any precaution I should take with them. I made it clear that I will be there during all the process. How to make sure that paint matches exactly?
1200Rs is very reasonable. Just stay there and inspect the whole process. Dont worry the smaller shops color match better than the showroom
Old 29th August 2010, 11:37   #3172
BHPian

The squeaking sound from rear left seems to be fixed after the first servicing. They added some packing and greased the lock. Planet Ford charged me Rs. 94 for greasing the parts from where the squeaking noise was coming. I complained to the Service Manger and he asked the SA to cancel those charges.
Overall I am not really happy with the way Planet Ford behaved during the first service. May be I should try Talera Ford in Yerawada for next free service. Any comments on Talera Ford?
Old 29th August 2010, 14:07   #3173
BHPian

Got the painting done today and boy it looks as if nothing had happened. I am very happy. Total bill was 1200. Have to go tomorrow again for one round of rubbing.
Old 29th August 2010, 15:04   #3174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its just not my time. I was driving home after dinner. Road was very badly lit. I was doing around 40+ when suddenly a pothole appeared and I braked a little hard and this guy in santro banged my Figo from behind .It was a loud thud. I came out to see the damage and to my surprise, bumper was intact as if nothing happened. I advised the other guy to drive carefully and drove back home.
Could you please check the interior of the boot and check if there was any damage?

Please check this thread for details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...igos-boot.html
Old 29th August 2010, 16:17   #3175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Could you please check the interior of the boot and check if there was any damage?

Please check this thread for details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...igos-boot.html
Yes, it is same in my Figo also. Maybe someone whose Figo was not rear ended should confirm ?
Old 30th August 2010, 11:35   #3176
BHPian

Hey nice pictures and good set of wheels as well. Happy motoring.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:01   #3177
RGK
Senior - BHPian

In ebay there is paint scratch remover for all colours. I think small scratches can be done using that.
Especially in chennai due to poor quality roads and worst traffic conditions, the day is not normal if you dont see a single accident.
Due to bulging wheel arches, most scratches tend to happen, always better to have both OVRMs open and drive based on its clearance.

Had another long drive comprising of NH, SH and village roads. The car behaves well.
Mileage is around 18.5 to 19.5 overall with complete A/c. Driving still between 80-85. More on my ownership thread.
-A/c performance is excellent
-Headlights are there to be thrown out. Absolutely useless. Ford has to do something. Can 90/100 watts bulb be replaced without affecting warranty.
-I got the rear rightside squeak for sometime. But went off after sometime. I think this is the symptom of that special figo feature .

Last edited by RGK : 30th August 2010 at 13:03.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:09   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
In ebay there is paint scratch remover for all colours. I think small scratches can be done using that.
Especially in chennai due to poor quality roads and worst traffic conditions, the day is not normal if you dont see a single accident.
Due to bulging wheel arches, most scratches tend to happen, always better to have both OVRMs open and drive based on its clearance.

Had another long drive comprising of NH, SH and village roads. The car behaves well.
Mileage is around 18.5 to 19.5 overall with complete A/c. Driving still between 80-85. More on my ownership thread.
-A/c performance is excellent
-Headlights are there to be thrown out. Absolutely useless. Ford has to do something. Can 90/100 watts bulb be replaced without affecting warranty.
-I got the rear rightside squeak for sometime. But went off after sometime. I think this is the symptom of that special figo feature .
RGK,
I completely agree with you about the headlights of Figo. Absolute crap. I guess the headlamps on my Xeta used to offer better light than this. could this be because of not so good reflectors? I don't think the wattage was different or better in Xeta.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:28   #3179
RGK
Senior - BHPian

The scratch remover link
eBay India: Original -Fix It Pro Car Scratch Remover As Seen On Tv (item 320571420458 end time 04-Sep-2010 18:19:09 IST)
Old 30th August 2010, 18:47   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Overall I am not really happy with the way Planet Ford behaved during the first service. May be I should try Talera Ford in Yerawada for next free service. Any comments on Talera Ford?
Im not a figo owner but i got a bad experience with talera ford for Figo TD itself, they were rude enough to ask me to come to their showroom to take a TD for Figo, even after agreeing to schedule a TD at my office address no one followed up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks