Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 13:08   #3016

Thanks jayded. Alloys(4 wheels), Art leather seat cover and fog lamp kit cost me extra Rs.23,750/- and they fitted everything before delivery.
Yes, they talked about sun screen also but as they didn't have the best quality(in their words and which cost around 3000/-) the sales officer said that I can fix it in their SC itself when it is available. Sorry, I forgot the technical/brand name for that. She also said that it is best to do it in their SC as oursiders may damage the electronic controls of windows!
Today I also got the rumbling on 1st gear while taking a turn near gemini fly over and for a second I thought I ran over something/some one or some one had rammed me from behind. But then I remembered the compressor on/off thing from this thread and moved on. Of course I told my wife to have a look for any scratches once I reached home. She has a critical eye as do all wives:-) Nothing is the verdict.

Manual says that I should not run on clutch, at least during run in period but I live in West Mambalam and have to cross Panagal Park. So I have decided not to take the car during peak hours at least for a while.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:36   #3017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Figo's low fuel warning comes when DTE is 80 or less, this is irrespective of fuel gauge.

Yes Figo has a fuel gauge.
Since the fuel warning lamp is linked with DTE, hence it is as reliable or unreliable as the DTE
Old 27th July 2010, 15:04   #3018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Since the fuel warning lamp is linked with DTE, hence it is as reliable or unreliable as the DTE

Well at least for Refuelling calculations DTE should be fair enough because it tends to undercalculate the actual DTE and you would definitely run more than 80 KMS when DTE shows 80, unless of course one chooses to idle is way to glory!
Old 27th July 2010, 18:23   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puyal View Post

Manual says that I should not run on clutch, at least during run in period but I live in West Mambalam and have to cross Panagal Park. So I have decided not to take the car during peak hours at least for a while.
Congrats Puyal. I agree - the Mambalam stretch is a real pain to drive. My wife's place is there and I shudder to drive. Esp now that its Aadi season.
Old 27th July 2010, 20:52   #3020
BHPian

New set of pics

Hello All ,

In one of my previous posts here in t bhp , I had uploaded pics of my friends new figo TDci Zxi . Uploading some more pics of the same vehicle from a recent trip that we did within the bangalore city .
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6574.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6581.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6846.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6853.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 27th July 2010, 22:02   #3021
BHPian

@Rejoy.
2nd picture.. Thats some cornering. what were the speeds?
Old 27th July 2010, 22:31   #3022
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pictures, rejoycjohn!

By the way, I recently took the car to a furniture shop to buy a folding reclining chair for my mom (something like this:http://www.cimg.in/images/2009/08/18...0101_large.jpg). I was wondering if the chair would fit into the car, or I should ask them to deliver it. But to my surprise, the folded chair fit in the boot itself!
Old 27th July 2010, 23:37   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
@Rejoy.
2nd picture.. Thats some cornering. what were the speeds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post

By the way, I recently took the car to a furniture shop to buy a folding reclining chair for my mom (something like this:http://www.cimg.in/images/2009/08/18...0101_large.jpg). I was wondering if the chair would fit into the car, or I should ask them to
deliver it. But to my surprise, the folded chair fit in the boot itself!
@ vignesh , we were trying some rookie cornering stunts in the vehicle .Its a road with hardly any traffic , we dint note down the speed exactly . We tried to turn the vehicle hard . The speeds would be somewhere around 70/80km/hr .

@Rajushank , True brother, the car's boot is really huge.
your's is a titanium ? I am sorry If I have missed your thread .
Old 28th July 2010, 00:49   #3024
BHPian

@Rejoy
Great pics, and awesome looking alloys. Are those Lenso Samurais? Could you post a close up of the rims if possible?
Old 28th July 2010, 12:48   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
In the review of the Figo here Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives

It is mentioned that Figo diesel's highway performance is sad and it cries above 120 KMPS. Is that right? I have recently done a trip which required me to go on Expressway, I never intended to push the car hard but to my surprise I found that Figo was crusing at 145!! And I did not push the gas pedal too hard either.

If other owners too feel the same the review should be corrected!
just to make sure no one missed it! Any comments???
Old 28th July 2010, 13:25   #3026
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post

By the way, I recently took the car to a furniture shop to buy a folding reclining chair for my mom (something like this:http://www.cimg.in/images/2009/08/18...0101_large.jpg). I was wondering if the chair would fit into the car, or I should ask them to deliver it. But to my surprise, the folded chair fit in the boot itself!
It easily accomodates 2 big suitcases (for overseas travelling) and 2 hand luggages easily. No doubt the best in class with easy access. A strong selling point for Figo which helps people who go for long drives often.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:42   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@Rajushank , True brother, the car's boot is really huge.
your's is a titanium ? I am sorry If I have missed your thread .
Mine is Zxi, bro.
Ownership thread is here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html

Buying decision thread is here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...go-diesel.html
Old 28th July 2010, 13:46   #3028
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rejoycjon: Your friend's Figo looks very smart. Nice choice of alloys and car color.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:57   #3029
RGK
Senior - BHPian

No offense - i20 owners here.
First time I travelled in i20 (I did not consider while buying because of budget - i20 diesel starts with 6.8l) yesterday.
The seats are not as comfortable as in Figo
The front seat legroom is not lengthy as in Figo ( I am 6.2") and also do not see a large leg room space in rear.
The OEM audio is not at par with Figo (May be the owner would have not tuned the equaliser well)
The IP cluster is awesome and gives a feeling that you sit in a flight cockpit.
A/c was OK (but lot have written about its bad performance) as it was raining in chennai yesterday.
Car look big outside and not inside whereas Figo looks small outside and really big inside.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:04   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Car look big outside and not inside whereas Figo looks small outside and really big inside.
Perfect! I think that is the best description for Figo's space. Many of my friends get into the car and are surprised by the space. Most comments are like "It looked so small from the outside"
But I felt i20 is more spacious or as spacious as Figo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks