Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 22:18   #2926
BHPian

Finally I have test driven the petrol engine. Not a bad engine. Once you cross the 2,500 RPM, I think you are getting enough power. At higher RPM's also the engine is not showing any sign of tiredness. I tried in first gear upto 50KM/H, 2nd gear upto 60 and in 3rd upto 80 and the engine was quite responsive. I tried on a big steap road also. the climb was more tha n 45 degree in angle. As I said earlier if the A/C is on and the RPM is below 3000, the engine is struggling. Especially when you stop the car in the middle of the uphill and take from there with the A/C on, there you are feeling a difficluty, but wihtout A/C that is also fine.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:36   #2927
RGK
Senior - BHPian

1. The glow plug indicator heats up the heater plug situated at the head of the engine where diesel is sprayed through fuel nozzles. So it will glow up during morning and due to the engine is new, it disappears immediately before noticing. So if you crank, the engine starts in first stroke. After the engine runs lot of kms, the glow plug indicator will stay for few seconds and can be easily noticed. It is advisable to start any diesel engine after glow plug indicator disappears.
2. There are two long hand screws in the boot. one for taking the stepni out. As brix says it is too long. Do not screw very tightly as the white plastic may break (again VFM quality). After removing stepni, ther is another screw for removing jack. This is not that much long. Jack has wheel spanner and I think it is tow hook.
3. If there is any speed limiter then it will be set at the fuel pump level. This may be unlocked during regular period service.
FE update after driving 550 km in a day at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...go-club-5.html
Old 12th July 2010, 01:19   #2928
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Small correction in my previous post and my apology. The glow plug indicator indicates the heating of the heater plug and does not heat up the heater plug.
Old 12th July 2010, 11:22   #2929
BHPian

17.14!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
I have driven 649kms post first service tank full before the low fuel indicator come ON. Haven't refilled it yet.

Thats anywhere 16-17kmpl as of now.
The drive includes 40%highway & 60% city, about hours drive with A/C at 2 fully loaded on afternoon.

Last 100kms were at max milage highway run - below 80 and in 5th gear as much as possible, Not to forget the last Friday morning jam on ORR, it took me 2 hrs to reach work.
Its 17.14, took 38.1 Ltrs for 653.1 kms 40%highway and 60% city. Yuppie
Old 12th July 2010, 11:48   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Thanks for the clarification, good to know it is a good thing to happen :P

I am not sure the situation now, but I got my color of choice(sea grey) with ebony dashboard in 3 weeks. I got the delivery on July 3rd and got a June manufactured vehicle. So not sure why you had to wait for 3 months!!!
I think Ford adding an extra shift to meet demand has something to do with it. Anyways, Kudos to Ford for meeting customer demand instead of exploiting it like Dzire/Swift.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:17   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Finally I have test driven the petrol engine. Not a bad engine. Once you cross the 2,500 RPM, I think you are getting enough power. At higher RPM's also the engine is not showing any sign of tiredness. I tried in first gear upto 50KM/H, 2nd gear upto 60 and in 3rd upto 80 and the engine was quite responsive. I tried on a big steap road also. the climb was more tha n 45 degree in angle. As I said earlier if the A/C is on and the RPM is below 3000, the engine is struggling. Especially when you stop the car in the middle of the uphill and take from there with the A/C on, there you are feeling a difficluty, but wihtout A/C that is also fine.
Dude, I think its bit exaggerated in terms of inclination. We don't have a 45 degree inclination road anywhere as none of the cars may not be able to do that climb except some premium luxury cars and SUVs with 4X4.

Name:  45_degree_angle.gif
Views: 41372
Size:  4.6 KB

What about the road roller? Without that how could the road constructed?
Old 12th July 2010, 12:38   #2932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
FE update after driving 550 km in a day at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...go-club-5.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Its 17.14, took 38.1 Ltrs for 653.1 kms 40%highway and 60% city. Yuppie
good to see some really lovely FE figures, my FE "seem" to be hovering about 15 too with a mix of city and highway driving. All these rides are "drive practise sessions" in the city
Old 12th July 2010, 14:30   #2933
BHPian

I found out a functionality on the remote. Even though it is mentioned in the manual, I discovered it by chance.

I have programmed the remote to unlock only the drive side door when pressing the unlock key. Whenever I had co passengers , I used to get in and manually open the other doors. By chance two days back I pressed the unlock button twice quickly and found out that all the doors were unlocked.

Quite a useful feature.

My car will go for I service tomorrow (MPL Ford @ Vellachery) and I will update the ownership thread with my experience
Old 12th July 2010, 15:30   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Dude, I think its bit exaggerated in terms of inclination. We don't have a 45 degree inclination road anywhere as none of the cars may not be able to do that climb except some premium luxury cars and SUVs with 4X4.
Attachment 386035
What about the road roller? Without that how could the road constructed?

I have seen lot of people mentioning about 45degree inclination in different forums here. It is generally because of the visual illusion that the driver gets a feeling that the slope in front of him is very steep. ie. more than 45degree. But in reality, the slope will be much less than we imagine. As Sajjt said, most of the vehicles cannot climb a 45degree incline. So if your vehicle really climbs a 45degree incline, then it is something Great!
Old 12th July 2010, 16:51   #2935
Senior - BHPian

Guys quick question. Manual states that engine oil should be Synthetic or Semi-Syn. Any idea what FORD dealers are putting in ?
Old 12th July 2010, 18:20   #2936
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
I have programmed the remote to unlock only the drive side door when pressing the unlock key.
I did that too. But the downside is that if you unlock the driver's door from inside, only that opens. You have to physically unlock the others.
Old 12th July 2010, 20:07   #2937
BHPian

Weird DTE Figures

On getting a fresh tank-full of diesel today, I got a DTE reading of just 444.
The first time it was 561 and has been going down ever since.
Is this a faulty DTE sensor?
Has anyone else been troubled by erratic DTE numbers?
Old 13th July 2010, 11:25   #2938
RGK
Senior - BHPian

444 for 45 litres is very low. Are you sure that your tank is full. Even after auto cutoff it takes min of 3 to 4 litres. So better check and then take to Ford Service.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:56   #2939
BHPian

Door handling in Ford Figo

Hi All,

Does the passenger door open while the vehicle is on move. I tried in TD vehicle and it opened for all the passenger doors. I am concerned on this b'cos I have a son who might open the door accidentally (including the front passenger door). As I know there is kids lock in rear doors, but not available for front door. Figo owners, can you confirm it.

Thanks.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:09   #2940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
444 for 45 litres is very low. Are you sure that your tank is full. Even after auto cutoff it takes min of 3 to 4 litres. So better check and then take to Ford Service.
well even after 3-4 liters I dont think the figure would cross 500. So beats me! Is it still showing the same figure indigen?

@sandeep: You cannot lock the front passenger seat! As in it CAN be opened manually by the front passenger!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks