Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 13:39   #3076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Well I am claiming through insurance as the cost is around 10K, now that the door too is being replaced (retaining the old glass only) it may go up.

I think the insurance company will take the old parts, no?

I did ask for faster delivery, but the guy says he cant help. Can someone help me if there would be any issues that I should look out during delivery for replaced door?

Car is back from service center. Jobs done:

1 Hatch door replaced (painted too as the door would be unpainted)

2) Rear bumper replaced (painted too)

3) Front bumper repainted.

The service experience was OK, the body shop SA seems to be bothered and answered all my questions very patiently. However, I had to follow up with him as I wanted my car on time (it was at body shop for 9 days).

Total bill came out to be 21000 and insurer's liability was 16500 so I paid 4500 (all approximate figures)

Job was well done, the paint matches perfectly and the door was aligned well (I compared it with a Figo being serviced there). However, there were minor niggles, the door edges were not polished properly at a few places and some idiot seems to have closed the door when the paint was fresh! And there are a few scratches down there. Also some scartches on front door panel and the closed door indicator does not go off even when I close all the doors, it was later found out that some genius forgot to connect the sensor!

The SA promised me that the scratches would be rectified as and when I would be ready to leave the vehicle with them, so I drove out as both the scratches are invisible outside.

And you know how much the Figo, TDCi and Titanium stickers cost you?

A cool 2000/-!!

I realized that I had to pay 10% salvage to ICICI for the old parts and 8% tax on work contract which made me pay some 2000 rupees from my pocket more! So guys DO NOT OPT FOR ICICI LOMBARD!

Last edited by anilisanil : 5th August 2010 at 13:41.
Old 5th August 2010, 16:46   #3077
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<<And you know how much the Figo, TDCi and Titanium stickers cost you?

A cool 2000/-!>>>

Nothing but daylight robbery by Ford. Do you really need it? Could you not take it from the old door.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:01   #3078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
<<<And you know how much the Figo, TDCi and Titanium stickers cost you?

A cool 2000/-!>>>

Nothing but daylight robbery by Ford. Do you really need it? Could you not take it from the old door.
It seems no, though I think we can. But just went ahead, because they already billed me, but a learning for others, it is a good idea not to opt for those stickers, try to reclaim them, if at all you get into such a condition!

frustrated! Ford and ICICI both looted me!!!
Old 5th August 2010, 18:01   #3079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
OT: ford figo in dubai? the camoed vehicle is a 2011 Ford Explorer.
is the silver coloured one behind it the 2011 Fiesta sedan?
Old 5th August 2010, 18:53   #3080
BHPian

Sorry if I missed if you had mentioned it earlier, but had you given your car at Talera Ford or Planet Ford?
Did you opt for ICICI Lombard insurance by yourself or it was the default one that the dealer gave you? Planet ford gave me Bajaj Alianz insurance
Old 5th August 2010, 20:59   #3081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
OT: ford figo in dubai? the camoed vehicle is a 2011 Ford Explorer.
That is not the Figo exported to Dubai, I feel it must be the Fiesta Mark V, or the facelifted Ford Fiesta V available in Brazil.
Ford currently does not have any plans to export to the Dubai region from India.
Old 6th August 2010, 08:09   #3082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Sorry if I missed if you had mentioned it earlier, but had you given your car at Talera Ford or Planet Ford?
Did you opt for ICICI Lombard insurance by yourself or it was the default one that the dealer gave you? Planet ford gave me Bajaj Alianz insurance
I took it from Talera Ford. I was under informed noob when I took the car, took most help from team-bhp, but missed the thread which recommends against ICICI. Good that you got bajaj allianz, I gather that they wont charge salvage and reimburse work contract tax!
Old 6th August 2010, 11:28   #3083
Adrenalin

Hey all figo owners,

I have recently booked figo diesel zxi , 2 weeks ago. All these while SP was telling that we need yet to order the vehicle coz purchase order has not come yet(taking company lease option). Today he calls me up and says that its arriving in 2-3 days.

I suspect if he is giving me FIGO from latest production batch. How do i do PDI and confirm that this is from the latest production batch? Any serial number or code( combi of date and chassis number) or something like that.

Old 6th August 2010, 11:38   #3084
BHPian

Quote:
And you know how much the Figo, TDCi and Titanium stickers cost you?
I once had to repair my dented bootlid (hit a pole while reversing) , i had to change the stickers . The SA told me that if they remove the existing sticker it will break .The new one costed me 400, tdci (200) and ikon(200) .This is what i was told. He didn't gave me a bill for this though.I'm not sure they reused the existing one and got cash from me.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:45   #3085
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
Hey all figo owners,

I have recently booked figo diesel zxi , 2 weeks ago. All these while SP was telling that we need yet to order the vehicle coz purchase order has not come yet(taking company lease option). Today he calls me up and says that its arriving in 2-3 days.

I suspect if he is giving me FIGO from latest production batch. How do i do PDI and confirm that this is from the latest production batch? Any serial number or code( combi of date and chassis number) or something like that.
I think the latest engine no starts with AJ (VIN no and engine no are same).
pl go thro wildon's post about decoding VIN nos and also pdi checklist post.
Old 6th August 2010, 13:07   #3086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I think the latest engine no starts with AJ (VIN no and engine no are same).
pl go thro wildon's post about decoding VIN nos and also pdi checklist post.
I have AU, mine is July batch!
Old 6th August 2010, 13:39   #3087
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anilisanil. Then Adrenalin may get the next series.
Do you have the issues like rear squeak, rear windows coming down which was there in earlier batches.
Old 6th August 2010, 14:03   #3088
Adrenalin

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. You mean the next batch will be AV?

Old 7th August 2010, 05:17   #3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Steap was on a higher side, and it could be my illusion. In that road I could see autos and mopeds were not able to climb. But sorry for I didn't have any valid data that proves the inclination of the road

I am from Hyderabad, Which Road are you talking about
Old 7th August 2010, 12:27   #3090

Claim within ten days of delivery

I got a small dent on the second day as I posted earlier. On the 10th day even as I was starting to go to the Ford body shop in Guindy Industrial Estate for few small works I mentioned earlier, car reversed and banged against the EB box on the wall behind The sound of rear window shattering still resonates in my head. 'All bad omen got shattered' friends consoled.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-31072010.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-31072010001.jpg
I went for Insurance claim and found that Cholamandalam Insurance is my insurer. No hassles. I just filled the form narrating the event leading to this claim. As it was a Saturday people at the body shop said that the assessor will come only on Monday, after which they will start the necessary work.
On Monday afternoon they started the work and gave me back my vehicle on Thursday. On their suggestion I got the under carriage painted(Rs.2901/-) and on my request they fixed the sun control film(Rs.3500/-).
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image011.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image012.jpg
I paid in total Rs.8060/- which includes service tax, depreciation(!), etc. Their work was nice but not their finishing. There are small scratches and aberrations around the breakage area. Of course I was told that I can come at any time afterwards to fix any small problems I may find. But why should they leave it to me to find all those small problems. Aren't they trained to spot all those things?! Anyway those small problems are also not so visible. So I have decided to leave them on.
The following pictures show the slope which was responsible for that reversing and my remedy for future safety.
Name:  Image007.jpg
Views: 2521
Size:  126.2 KB
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image013.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks