Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 12:22   #3151
BHPian

Finally it happened. I scratched my Figo while parking on office basement. There was a pillar and i was trying to park adjacent to it. and i heard krrrrrrr sound and my heart sank. I am thinking of touch up or should I leave it like that? It was totally my mistake and that's what making me more sad. Sorry for the poor quality pic. Took it with my mobile immediately after getting down.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0062.jpg  

Old 26th August 2010, 12:31   #3152
BHPian

@sbkumar The stretch is just after madurai. Between Madurai and viruddhanagar i think. This stretch also has multiple old toll gates on the single laned road.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:40   #3153
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
Finally it happened. I scratched my Figo while parking on office basement. There was a pillar and i was trying to park adjacent to it. and i heard krrrrrrr sound and my heart sank. I am thinking of touch up or should I leave it like that? It was totally my mistake and that's what making me more sad. Sorry for the poor quality pic. Took it with my mobile immediately after getting down.
I got the same scratch in my house compound at the left wheel arch, but not two scratches like you. only one . I feel better to leave it and maintain originality. And one more thing the paint thickness is very slim, a mild layer of coat. Need to check with Polos and Puntos.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:45   #3154
Senior - BHPian

me too got it on my rear right arc, the vehicle slided down rear wards as my parking is slightly on incline, as I was feeling great about my new car and calculating FE from DTE (after sucessfully forgetting to park brake), by the time I realized something was wrong, the damage was done!! :(

Another sad thing is the bushes near my home, sometimes I just cannot avoid brushing againt them and they leave small scratches on my door!!
Old 26th August 2010, 13:13   #3155
BHPian

I was going to service center anyways..Thread that holds parcel tray to hatch door broke last week. There is a sound coming from front passenger seat from day 1. I have lost count of the number of times I hit the underbelly over rough roads during recent trips to Nainital and Agra. Wanted to check with service people if there is any damage to under-body. (I have under-body coating done by them at the time of purchase). Will also take an estimate for repairing the scratches.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:19   #3156
Senior - BHPian

I had an incident today too. Dropped my relatives at the airport this morning and was on the way back. Near camp road area a bus in front of me braked suddenly. So I had to do that too. A big "THUD" noise, I mean it was quite a sound. We had our AC on and windows rolled up but still heard it very loud. Looked back and found a bike guy had "rear-ended" my Figo! My heart sank.

The bike guy then pulled up to the left side, I rolled down the window thinking he's going to apologize, and I shouldn't be hard on him because well, it happens. But to my surprise... he gave me a nasty stare and a "what are you doing" kind of gesture. I was like WHAT-THE-HELL. This guy comes and bangs on my car from behind, and he is behaving as though I have done something wrong. Before I could retort, he was off! What to do with these guys!

Anyway, put on the parking lights and got down to examine the damage. You know what? I couldn't even find where he had banged. Not a single mark, not a scratch! I couldn't believe it. My Indica had seen much smaller bangs from behind, some not more than touches - but I would lose paint each and every time. I guess it is something to do with the fiber-like material of the Figo's 'bumper'.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 26th August 2010 at 14:29.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:50   #3157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post

Not a single mark, not a scratch! I couldn't believe it. My Indica had seen much smaller bangs from behind, some not more than touches - but I would lose paint each and every time. I guess it is something to do with the fiber-like material of the Figo's 'bumper'.
Probably Ford included a free Force-Field with your Figo !
Old 26th August 2010, 15:58   #3158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Probably Ford included a free Force-Field with your Figo !

LOL! But how can that explain a LOUD thud that was audible inside the cabin when the windows were shut!!

Jokes apart, Figo's bumper does take impacts pretty well. In fact in a recent pile up that I was involved in, I was surprised to see my hatch door dented without much damage to the bumper (it got a small hole where the tow hook is there! You know what? It saved the swift's bumper too....

So if a Figo's bumper hits another vehicle's bumper consider that it would be safe!!
Old 26th August 2010, 16:30   #3159
BHPian

Yes Figo's bumber is little bit elastic. The SA was showing this and said minor hits on bumper wouldnt bother it. He pushed against the bumper and it deformed a little and came back.
Old 26th August 2010, 18:34   #3160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats nasty!
FORD A.S.S will charge you a lot to repair this. Try some local smaller workshop.
Looks like the paint has chipped off and I think I can see the metal. You better get it fixed or do some touch up in that area.
If left unattended it could start to rust.

rajushank84
Lucky your car escaped without any damage!

I had cycle guy crash into my tail light.
The plastic tail light cracked like an egg! Got it replaced.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2042387-post182.html
Old 27th August 2010, 14:11   #3161
BHPian

@perseus : I got the scratch on my FIGO in the exact same position long back, and it was pretty deep too .I noticed that many FIGO's have the scratch in the same region.

Captain Slow said it right. During my first service I asked how much would it cost to repaint - SA said somewhere around 6 to 7K. Ridiculous !!!
Better thing is to ask the service center guys to do a touch up.I got the touch up done for free
Old 27th August 2010, 15:32   #3162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
@perseus : I got the scratch on my FIGO in the exact same position long back, and it was pretty deep too .I noticed that many FIGO's have the scratch in the same region.
Agree. Two other Figos in my office are scratched in the same area. In fact I was doing slightly tricky parking only because there was a Figo next to it and I thought two smiliar figos parked together would look good. I even skipped two three earlier parking slots just because of this.
Old 27th August 2010, 15:41   #3163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
Common misjudgement due to do with bulging wheel arches?
Old 27th August 2010, 15:55   #3164
BHPian

Quote:
Agree. Two other Figos in my office are scratched in the same area. In fact I was doing slightly tricky parking only because there was a Figo next to it and I thought two smiliar figos parked together would look good. I even skipped two three earlier parking slots just because of this.
You can try this solution from com-paint.

Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, aerosol spray paint, supplier of spray paint,spray, spray paint, touchup, touch-up, aerosol spray paint manufacturers, spray paint,Touchup, Touch-up Spray, Spray Bottle, aerosol spray paint manufacturer, com-paint manuf

Though I doubt he has the touch up paint in your color.
Old 27th August 2010, 16:12   #3165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I had an incident today too. Dropped my relatives at the airport this morning and was on the way back. Near camp road area a bus in front of me braked suddenly. So I had to do that too. A big "THUD" noise, I mean it was quite a sound. We had our AC on and windows rolled up but still heard it very loud. Looked back and found a bike guy had "rear-ended" my Figo! My heart sank.

The bike guy then pulled up to the left side, I rolled down the window thinking he's going to apologize, and I shouldn't be hard on him because well, it happens. But to my surprise... he gave me a nasty stare and a "what are you doing" kind of gesture. I was like WHAT-THE-HELL. This guy comes and bangs on my car from behind, and he is behaving as though I have done something wrong. Before I could retort, he was off! What to do with these guys!

Anyway, put on the parking lights and got down to examine the damage. You know what? I couldn't even find where he had banged. Not a single mark, not a scratch! I couldn't believe it. My Indica had seen much smaller bangs from behind, some not more than touches - but I would lose paint each and every time. I guess it is something to do with the fiber-like material of the Figo's 'bumper'.
Yup! The bumper flexes very less and hits a flat metal piece(atleast near the middle portions)! The sound will be loud, but impact is none to small!

Tried and tested in office parking lot!

Last edited by Sedate : 27th August 2010 at 16:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks