BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
@sumathindra
@ownerofazkaban
@CARDEEP
@BRIX

Thanks for the suggestions.
All your suggestions are important to me.

All along I thought PDI was for personal purpose.
I didn't know that we need to sign an offical PDI ok form !

Can I do the following :

1.Pay the full amount
Don't do that. You have every right to do PDI before u pay. Ask dealer to take a hike. You may need to visit yard for PDI...

2.Once the car is in showroom, do a through PDI
Bad idea, recently Ford sent me BSIII car, instead of BSIV. Not that you will also have same issue. Always do PDI before paying amount.

3.If something fishy, do not sign the form
( assuming that they would not register the car untill i sign the PDI ok form)
Actually PDI form doesn't matter, Do not sign Form 20 (for registration) until you do PDI. He can't do registration without you signing this form.

This might be risky as i have had paid the full amount already.
(there is no other option i see as of now..sigh ! )

Thanks once again.
As far as I know the incidental amount that they charge contains every amount that is required to keep car till u take delivery. Which includes temporary registration fee, transit insurance , parking charges etc. I see dealer is mocking you because he might have another guy ready pay more, or some one has canceled their booking and he is giving it to you. You can always cross verify with Ford directly by sending them booking reference number.

Be firm, but gentle! Never get into argument with them. But don't agree to any thing which you feel not comfortable and doesn't makes sense. Dealer has to update the status of booking constantly, and before it leaves Ford plant you should get intimation, so that you can arrange finance. Recently I took my own time (2 weeks) to take car delivery at Lathangi.
Old 11th May 2010, 09:46   #2402
BHPian

Hi sumathindra / myavu,

Can you guys please start individual ownership thread for Figo Petrol, with all the details. Right now, we only have the black donkey roaming around. There are lot of people looking for the reviews of Figo Petrol.

Regards!
Old 11th May 2010, 09:59   #2403
BHPian

@nimbleguru -- I just remembered, you need get Form 22 signed by the bank for hypothetication. if your bank is in some other town, please ensure you take the form 22/20 from the edaler and get it signed by your bank. ELse its one more trip for the letter.
Old 11th May 2010, 10:03   #2404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Hi sumathindra / myavu,

Can you guys please start individual ownership thread for Figo Petrol, with all the details. Right now, we only have the black donkey roaming around. There are lot of people looking for the reviews of Figo Petrol.

Regards!
Will do it once I get my car on June 1st!
Old 11th May 2010, 10:21   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Is that true??? Whats the source?
It was announced in the assembly and was widely reported in all news papers. Yesterday, an amendemnt to MV act has been tabled to give effect to the announcement and was reported in today's Hindu.

The hike is from 8% to 10% for cars < 10 lacs and 15% for cars > 10 lacs
Old 11th May 2010, 11:21   #2406
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is that true??? Whats the source?
The Hindu carried this news. The bill has been submitted in the State Assembly

Cars Under 10 Lakh - Changed from 8% to 10%
Cars Above 10 Lakh - New rate will be 15%

1. Govt wants TN/Chennai to be the Auto Hub
2. Govt wants to reduce Pvt vehicles citing traffic congestion and pollution.

Brilliant, absolutely briliant!
Old 11th May 2010, 11:58   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Hi sumathindra / myavu,

Regards!
here you go...Thanks...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
Old 11th May 2010, 14:12   #2408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
It was announced in the assembly and was widely reported in all news papers. Yesterday, an amendemnt to MV act has been tabled to give effect to the announcement and was reported in today's Hindu.

The hike is from 8% to 10% for cars < 10 lacs and 15% for cars > 10 lacs
A salesperson at Lathangi Motors Bangalore told me Figo prices may be going up by about 20K from next month onwards. Has anyone heard something like this ?

Also Lathangi's price list for the month of May shows the OTR prices higher by Rs.1080 for all models of Ford Figo. A hike of Rs. 1000 in "Incidental Expenses" (Rs. 5500 instead of 4500) and Rs 80 hike on the extended warranty.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:12   #2409
BHPian

Figo and Fiesta hatch spotted testing

Folks,

Was on the NH-45 yesterday and spotted a white Figo with zebra marks doing some testing, it looked quite bog standard and was RHD, only had something on the left hand corner of the windscreen which I could not pick up.

Managed to catch up with it and we sort of managed to keep parallel to each other for a few km of open stretch. When the driver spotted us clicking away,he first slowed down to let me pass and dropped down by about 500m or so and then simply just zapped past - must have been doing 120-140 when he did that. I simply lost him till....
after the last/first toll gate I saw a blue(like in i10) and red(like in the Civic) Fiesta (Euro version) hatch and this guy chatting away, I did not get any pics of the Fiesta since they were on the left extreme parked by the kerb and I was on the middle lane and only noticed them when I was almost past them.

I have the pics of the Figo with me and will post them if you want. I wonder what Ford is still testing.

Last edited by indivic : 11th May 2010 at 14:14.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:15   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Folks,

Was on the NH-45 yesterday and spotted a white Figo with zebra marks doing some testing, it looked quite bog standard and was RHD, only had something on the left hand corner of the windscreen which I could not pick up.

Managed to catch up with it and we sort of managed to keep parallel to each other for a few km of open stretch. When the driver spotted us clicking away,he first slowed down to let me pass and dropped down by about 500m or so and then simply just zapped past - must have been doing 120-140 when he did that. I simply lost him till....
after the last/first toll gate I saw a blue(like in i10) and red(like in the Civic) Fiesta (Euro version) hatch and this guy chatting away, I did not get any pics of the Fiesta since they were on the left extreme parked by the kerb and I was on the middle lane and only noticed them when I was almost past them.

I have the pics of the Figo with me and will post them if you want. I wonder what Ford is still testing.
Hmm. It sped away from you when you were doing 120-140?

Perhaps they are testing a figo 1.6s!

I hope so, atleast
Old 11th May 2010, 14:29   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Hmm. It sped away from you when you were doing 120-140?

Perhaps they are testing a figo 1.6s!

I hope so, atleast
My bad, it should have been written as... "he must have been doing 120-140 when he did that". I was doing ~100, my indication to his speed was the amount of time he took to cover up the gap he let me build and then how he opened it up again to about 2km till I lost sight of him.

To do 120-140 on my wheezy old Indica, I need a couple of rocket boosters or an infinitely long gentle slope with no traffic then I would touch 130 in about 10kms or so.
Old 11th May 2010, 15:26   #2412
BHPian

Glad I got my car before this hike. Made sense not to wait for the "Employee Offer" given by Ford.

BTW - kiku, what Ford offered is really silly. I'm glad I went ahead.

For those who dont know - employees get free 3'rd year warranty and Rs.4000 in accessories. Now with this hike in place, expect this effect to be neutralized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
The Hindu carried this news. The bill has been submitted in the State Assembly

Cars Under 10 Lakh - Changed from 8% to 10%
Cars Above 10 Lakh - New rate will be 15%

1. Govt wants TN/Chennai to be the Auto Hub
2. Govt wants to reduce Pvt vehicles citing traffic congestion and pollution.

Brilliant, absolutely briliant!
Old 11th May 2010, 15:30   #2413
BHPian

One more thing - I did that turbo cleaning yesterday afternoon in third gear on OMR. Held it at 3K rpm for around 30 seconds. After that the engine felt hoarse. Like your throat feels if you kept screaming for a long time.

But when I drove back in the night, the car felt like a petrol in responsiveness. It was raring to go and was smooth without any sort of lag. Was quite amazed.

Highly recommended !
Old 11th May 2010, 16:14   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more thing - I did that turbo cleaning yesterday afternoon in third gear on OMR. Held it at 3K rpm for around 30 seconds. After that the engine felt hoarse. Like your throat feels if you kept screaming for a long time.

Highly recommended !
BOSS, this is purely fictional and psychological. It will work even with non turbo vehicles.
Old 11th May 2010, 17:55   #2415
BHPian

Fictional ? this was mentioned in the Quick Reference booklet provided by Ford.

This is my first time with diesel AND a tacho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
BOSS, this is purely fictional and psychological. It will work even with non turbo vehicles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks