Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 19:05   #2446
BHPian

Figo accessories price list in Noida

This one is from South City Ford, Noida (UP)

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-ford-accessories-dealer-price-list.jpg
Old 13th May 2010, 19:07   #2447
Team-BHP Support

What I am interested in is having a look at the prices of fast moving spare parts like brake pads, filters, clutch, bumper, headlight etc.

Any info ?
Old 13th May 2010, 21:01   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
6. Even though it has a decent GC of 168 mm, i have succeeded in scraping the bottom quite a few times surprisingly. I have driven other small cars in a similar fashion but i dont remember hitting the bottom. So i am just being extra careful.
This could be because of the weight of the car itself. Same here i have also scrapped the belly a couple of times even at almost dead slow speed...It hurts every time it scrapes...
Old 13th May 2010, 22:05   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
This could be because of the weight of the car itself. Same here i have also scrapped the belly a couple of times even at almost dead slow speed...It hurts every time it scrapes...
I dont think the weight of the car plays a part in it. May be the shape of the underbody components.

I would definitely like to have a look at the Torque/Bhp graphs of the TDCI engine in the Figo and if possible compare it with the Multijet engine. Especially the curves for the 800-1300 rpm range.
Old 13th May 2010, 22:09   #2450
BHPian

Agreed - second gear on Figo after a speed breaker is not good. I think Ford limited the engine severely. Now why would they do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
After a speed breaker, I downshift to 1st now which is not at all nice. More about my experiences on the performance on steep climbs, you can read in my ownership thread.
Old 13th May 2010, 22:23   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I dont think the weight of the car plays a part in it. May be the shape of the underbody components.
Its more about the large wheelbase, even longer than the fusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Agreed - second gear on Figo after a speed breaker is not good. I think Ford limited the engine severely. Now why would they do that.
Ford taking precaution because of BSII fuel in BSIV car??!!
Old 13th May 2010, 22:54   #2452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
After my recent trip to Ootty, I felt that my old Alto would have done better on the steep climbs masinagudi - Ootty route ! 2nd gear is not much use, that's my feeling. Leave alone turbo lag, it should be able to have enough torque in the range of 1000 - 1300. But it is a huge disappointment. Even on plain roads, I never try taking it in 2nd gear from stand still. After a speed breaker, I downshift to 1st now which is not at all nice. More about my experiences on the performance on steep climbs, you can read in my ownership thread.
If thats the case every diesel car will disappoint you, you should have bought a Petrol.
Old 13th May 2010, 23:07   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
What I am interested in is having a look at the prices of fast moving spare parts like brake pads, filters, clutch, bumper, headlight etc.

Any info ?
@Eddy, I will ask my SA for it. He is a helpful guy. I'll try to get the spares list on my next visit to South City Ford, Noida.
Old 14th May 2010, 08:16   #2454
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix
Ford taking precaution because of BSII fuel in BSIV car??!!

Its like that in the fusion TDCi also, You have to shift to 1st if you want to cross a large speed breaker comfortably.

It has nothing to do with BS2 & BS4 stuff.

Now regarding the low FE. I had a talk with some of the staff @Chennai regarding this.

This is what i could understand.

1) The TDCi is mainly a Euro 3 engine & it will give max mileage with Euro 3 fuel. Suppose your engine is BS3 compliant then it will give 'x' kmpl with euro 3 fuel

2) After modifying to Euro 4, The car will give 'x-1' kmpl with euro 4 fuel.& 'x-2' kmpl with euro 3 fuel

3) Now heres the problematic part.

If the TDCi is BS4 modified, & If we run it on BS2 fuel, It may give a mileage which is as less as 'x-4' kmpl.

All figures are under the same condition.

So no need to worry guys, All those who are running their figos on BS2 fuel will definitely get 3kmpl or so more when the shift from BS2 to BS3 happens in their city. I think it is going to happen on October 1.
Old 14th May 2010, 08:22   #2455
BHPian

Mustang, what about the other way round...engines compliant with BS3 but now using BS4 fuel? Will the FE increase by this "1" factor?
Old 14th May 2010, 08:27   #2456
Senior - BHPian

mustang. i have my doubts here.

All other engines (on other cars) have been showing higher ARAI figures on their BSIV variant, Be it Petrol or Diesel. Please correct me if i am wrong.

And even if your info is true. How can we get 3km/l more when moving from BSII to BSIII in september.

Shouldnt people in the 13 metos be getting higher F.E right now?

Last edited by gemithomas : 14th May 2010 at 08:31.
Old 14th May 2010, 09:24   #2457
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Mustang, what about the other way round...engines compliant with BS3 but now using BS4 fuel? Will the FE increase by this "1" factor?
If your engine is TDCi BS3 & you use BS4 fuel, the mileage will remain more or less the same. It wont increase but it might drop by a km. But thats negligible i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
mustang. i have my doubts here.

All other engines (on other cars) have been showing higher ARAI figures on their BSIV variant, Be it Petrol or Diesel. Please correct me if i am wrong.

And even if your info is true. How can we get 3km/l more when moving from BSII to BSIII in september.

Shouldnt people in the 13 metos be getting higher F.E right now?

The change is different for different engines, The TDCi will give a good mileage on BS4 fuel if the TDCi is either BS3 or BS4.

I bet the guys in the metros will be getting more mileage in the figo than you Gemi.

You will get around 2-4 kmpl more when you switch from BS2 to BS3 as it will be the fuel on which the TDCi was originally designed.

If you ask me this in technical language then i am unable to tell you as this is beyond my scope.

To round up the discussion: BS3 & BS4 will give good FE on the Figo TDCi while the BS2 will cause a drop of 2-4 kmpl in your mileage.
Old 14th May 2010, 09:34   #2458
Senior - BHPian

I'm told Figo has an intercooler whereas the Fiesta doesn't. Is it true ?
Old 14th May 2010, 09:43   #2459
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I'm told Figo has an intercooler whereas the Fiesta doesn't. Is it true ?
No the figo TDCi does not have an intercooler. The only add on is the Borg Warner KP35 turbo.Its the same turbo as in the fiesta,fusion & Ikon TDCi, The engine received a diesel particulate filter & is now euro 4 compliant.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 14th May 2010 at 09:44.
Old 14th May 2010, 09:45   #2460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Its more about the large wheelbase, even longer than the fusion.
Would 3 mm increase in wheelbase lead to scrapping of underbelly on speedbreaker? As far as I know, fusion wheelbase is 2486mm whereas figo has 2489mm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks