Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 12:36   #9946
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
hey Folks, I have been getting some really nasty creaking sound from the front suspension for the last 10k kms. Sound mainly comes when I go over a bump aggressively and there is rapid suspension movement, doesn't come otherwise. When i complained during 20K service they said it was nothing un usual, but this time during 30K service they said that the tie rods need replacement and are the cause of the sound. Any past experience from ppl on the forum? Tie rods cost about 3K. I chose not to get it replaced due to my lack of trust on A.S.S in root causing the problem accurately. I intend to show it to my trusted neighbor hood garage once before finalizing. Suggestions?
I got my front left tie-rod replaced under warranty at just 7000 kms on the ODO. Symptoms were same as yours. If i recall correctly, the part was billed at Rs.1,100. According the the SA, the tie rod has a warranty of just 10k kms.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 12:43   #9947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
With handbrake on, if I alight/get in the car, a creaking sound comes from rear of car. Appears to be some cable lacking lub. Anyone faced this and found a fix? Shown to ASS and they say its common.
Thats just the sound of brake pads rubbing against the drums I believe. Does it go away when you pull the hand brake real hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
I got my front left tie-rod replaced under warranty at just 7000 kms on the ODO. Symptoms were same as yours. If i recall correctly, the part was billed at Rs.1,100. According the the SA, the tie rod has a warranty of just 10k kms.
Thanks mi2n. In my case both need replacement. I will get this done soon.
Old 13th April 2015, 12:48   #9948
BHPian

Quote:
Thats just the sound of brake pads rubbing against the drums I believe. Does it go away when you pull the hand brake real hard?
No it does not
Old 13th April 2015, 13:57   #9949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
No it does not
Interesting. As far as I understand, its just the grinding of brake pad against the drum. Keep in mind that hand brake power is very less compared to normal braking and its intention is just to keep a stationery car in position. I have seen this sound on both my Ikon and FIgo. Another way to confirm is, if you pull the hand brake on a slant but not with force, the car will gradually slide due to gravity and you will hear similar sound. Anyways I dont think its something to worry about.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 16:41   #9950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
here it its the rusted part of the door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am myself attaching pictures of all my doors.
My friend is facing similar issue in his 2012 Figo ZXI. Is this common with all Figo or a certain batch? (I suspect some quality issue)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_0929.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_0924.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_0930.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_0936.jpg  

Old 13th April 2015, 16:57   #9951
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
? Tie rods cost about 3K. I chose not to get it replaced due to my lack of trust on A.S.S in root causing the problem accurately. I intend to show it to my trusted neighborhood garage once before finalizing. Suggestions?

Are you referring to this link rod (see picture). I have replaced this twice and the cost was around 2.5k a year back. You get "kada kada" sound on bad roads. If the sound is from the left side, then the right side rod has to be replaced and vice versa.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-linkrod.jpg  

RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 17:18   #9952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
If the sound is from the left side, then the right side rod has to be replaced and vice versa.
I couldn't get the logic behind this. Can you please explain or share the source of this information?
Old 13th April 2015, 17:18   #9953
BHPian

Have a 2010 1.4 figo which is 37000 kms old. Completed a paid service last week which included:

1. General oil/air filter change
2. Diesel Filter change
3. Front brake pads change
4. The EGR was removed and clean to sort out the stalling issue and intermittent engine check light issue. I must say, there was lot of soot present and the sensor and pipe were cleaned in front of me.

Post this, the OBD was connected and 3-4 errors were found which included the EGR sensor issue. All fault codes were deleted and also the adaptive/learning data of the ECU was reset. I am not sure if they upgraded the software or not.

Post this, the Engine is running much smoother, pick up has improved and there is no more stalling, engine check light till date but one another issue has cropped up!

Now, the car won't start on slightest of rolling down. In a situation where the car is rolling a bit (forward or backward), If I try to crank, it simply refuses to start. The lights on the instrument cluster goes off and instead of starter motor cranking/whining nothing happens. No click, No whine, nothing. I have a habit of staring the car after depressing the clutch everytime.

The car only starts after it has come to an halt and Releasing and depressing the clutch once.

Now, I am confused that is this a new found/newly learnt feature or some sensor/switch/relay at fault?

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 13th April 2015 at 17:21.
Old 13th April 2015, 17:21   #9954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Are you referring to this link rod (see picture). I have replaced this twice and the cost was around 2.5k a year back. You get "kada kada" sound on bad roads. If the sound is from the left side, then the right side rod has to be replaced and vice versa.
Hey RGK, yes its the same rod that you are pointing with red arrow. However in my case there is no sound from suspension on normal roads and even on broken roads. The sound I get is more like creaking noise as you would get from a door with hinges not properly oiled. More like metal rubbing against metal. It specifically comes when I go over those lousy designed tiny speed breakers which give a strong bump to the car and it jumps a bit. IN that case the suspension will expand completely and I hear it then.
Old 13th April 2015, 23:36   #9955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
An old sound had resurfaced since last month. A metal to metal tak-tak sound somewhere in the front specially when I go over potholes, rough roads, undulations. No sound in smooth roads. I guessed something in the suspension had given up.The guys at Cauvery Ford, Mangalore said it is from some clip in the back seat!
I took it to my mechanic as the sound was getting worse who said it is either the tie rod or the link rod and that I go to Ford itself as they dont give spares outside.
Back to Cauvery Ford at Mangalore and they found the play in the link rod joint with the strut to be too much and replaced them both(left and right).
Now there is no sound, car is driving fine. I have attached a pic.

Attachment 1267307
Quote:
Hey RGK, yes its the same rod that you are pointing with red arrow. However in my case there is no sound from suspension on normal roads and even on broken roads. The sound I get is more like creaking noise as you would get from a door with hinges not properly oiled. More like metal rubbing against metal. It specifically comes when I go over those lousy designed tiny speed breakers which give a strong bump to the car and it jumps a bit. IN that case the suspension will expand completely and I hear it then.
I had the link rods on my Figo changed sometime back. I have quoted my earlier post on the same issue above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
I got the front right and rear right replaced. My car has ABS in it as well. The cost excluding labour was 2800/- for rear and 1800/- for front. The rear bearing that came out was made in Spain.
Was this done at a Ford Service centre or outside? Change of right rear wheel bearing on my Figo(with ABS) cost me nearly 8000 bucks!!

Last edited by Deep Blue : 13th April 2015 at 23:41.
Old 14th April 2015, 12:32   #9956
BHPian

My car keeps rolling slightly forward when put in reverse and parked nose down on steep slope. I am guessing worn out clutch as this was not happening earlier. Odo at 30k.
Old 15th April 2015, 16:00   #9957
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey RGK, yes its the same rod that you are pointing with red arrow. However in my case there is no sound from suspension on normal roads and even on broken roads.
Yes, it happens on bad roads. I had a different kind of sound (slightly creaking and tup tup) from the front wheels (only on bad roads) and it was due to brake caliper pins. I had replaced and now it is fine. Better check link rod and caliper pins. I checked the bill and the link rod cost is around 1100/-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I couldn't get the logic behind this. Can you please explain or share the source of this information?
Mr. Manickam, a senior guy from A.s.s shared this information. Let me explain what I understood. These rods connect to stabilizer bar (to reduce body roll) to balance the vehicle and do not sit on the suspension arm. If one side becomes weak, it affects the other side also and the noise appear to be there. The engineer recommended replacing of both rods even if one become faulty.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 16:14   #9958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I'll get the invoice tomorrow when I go to pick up the car. I did take a quick look at the components today. From what I can recall
- Belt around 1600
- Pulley number one around 1600
- Pulley number two around 3800
- 3 pulley bolts around 500 each possibly.

The 3rd 'dumper' pulley (crankshaft pulley I believe) was not changed.

So it seems 50k kms is the trigger to change the belt. I'll also get the great shift bush changed in Oct during scheduled service.
----------------------------------------------
Dear SHUVC,

I am planning to buy a Ford Figo Deisel Zxi, just wanted to understand the pros & cons of this heavy duty machine as you have been using t for so long.

Super confused between Ritz Vdi & Ford Figo Diesel Zxi as well

Regards,

Dev-Gun
Old 15th April 2015, 19:24   #9959
Senior - BHPian

@dev-gun: please choose the ritz if you plan on keeping the vehicle longer than 3 years or 100000kms. If you would sell the car off before that, Figo is the ultimate driving machine at this price.
Old 16th April 2015, 07:28   #9960
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
My friend is facing similar issue in his 2012 Figo ZXI. Is this common with all Figo or a certain batch? (I suspect some quality issue)
I had dipped those in kerosene. Some corrosion went away and the rest stayed as they were. The picture you have posted, especially the rusting from outside, never happened in my case, but could spot rust filings dropping from there in a wash.

But from what I gather, it is a common scenario with Figo's. There were few people reporting about it in the forums since past 2-3 years. But at least, it is not life threatening as the ones in Duster. Don't know the current situation, the car has changed hands.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks