Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 15:40   #9196
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

An easy way to resolve the low cooling AC issue on the Figo.

The AC on my 1.2 would loose its cooling after a half hour drive in traffic in the heat and this issue began last year during a long trip.

I got it checked at a AC repair shop as well as Ford service and they both said some part had to be replaced which I did not believe since the car has run just 30k.

Following posts on the forum regarding Aditya AC repairs , I paid them a visit couple of days back. They checked the system and concluded that there was no hardware issue and it needs a gas top up and evaporator cleaning which was done and yes the AC retained its cooling even after an hour of driving.

However, the cooling fan was in full speed mode much more than earlier when it used to hardly turn on to the higher speed and I could figure the engine was heating more and the AC effect being reduced when that happens. Since I was in that part of town, stopped by Aditya AC for a fix.
They said the AC is fine and cooling as well and the reason the cooling goes down is because the engine is heating up more than normal and the high speed fan kicks in. Asked them why it happened after the gas was topped up, is probably since the AC is working harder now with the the evaporator cleaned and gas topped up.
Anyway, their recommendation was to get the condensor cleaned with pressure wash. I got that done as well and let the engine rev for few minutes at 3k rpm with the AC in full blast and now AC cools well and no more fan in high speed mode. It does kick in during traffic jams and signals, but that is normal as before.

So guys with the same issue, I would suggest these steps before visiting the Authorized center. Cleaning the condensor will help otherwise too during this hot season. The temp gauge at this time was missed and I was unable to get into the diagnostic mode to check the digital read out as well.
Old 1st April 2014, 15:55   #9197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
My car's done 54000 + kms, Got the disc brake pads changed today at Delhi Ford, Vasant Kunj. Total expense was Rs 1750/- for parts only as labour charges were nil due to a summer campaign running for past 3 days. The SA informed me that the front right shocker is leaking and needs replacement, cost was Rs 2500/-. I said fine, but changed my mind later since he also mentioned (around 15 minutes later) that both the front shocks would need replacement for best feel and suggested dynamics, taking the cost to Rs 5000/- !

Not sure whether this is correct and if the price is right, request forum members to help, please !
If dynamics is in question then I believe all the four shocks needs replacement. The SA maybe taking you for a ride, you may ask the guy to show the leakage (you could take some pics of it & post it here & the experts will for sure assist you) & ascertain the damage.

A friend of mine had the right rear shock changed due to some issue (it had done 25K) & there is no change in dynamics & neither did the SA suggest to change the other rear shock.
Old 1st April 2014, 22:44   #9198
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks, I don't own a figo, but my friends had some queries with regard to the figo, hence please chip in wherever you can:-

1) what is the interval for changing brake rotors? My friend was asked them to change at 80k.

2) one my friend's figo met with a minor accident and he had his bumper repainted at a local shop. After a while the shoddy job done by the local shop is quite visible. Does anyone know a good body shop in chennai to get this repainted? His car is of white colour so I assume it should be a fairly easy job if done by a professional.

3) also, does anyone know of a good accessory shop where you can get those matt black stickers which go on the roof? ( again in chennai)

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd April 2014, 11:09   #9199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
An easy way to resolve the low cooling AC issue on the Figo.

The AC on my 1.2 would loose its cooling after a half hour drive in traffic in the heat and this issue began last year during a long trip.

I got it checked at a AC repair shop as well as Ford service and they both said some part had to be replaced which I did not believe since the car has run just 30k.
Good to know your issue has been fixed. Had it been an issue with the thermistor, like I had with my Figo, then the only option is to get it replaced at the service centre. My issue was with the AC cut-off which reduced/shut down cooling and not with the actual cooling as the car used to cool like normal when the AC used to run properly.
Old 2nd April 2014, 12:58   #9200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi folks, I don't own a figo, but my friends had some queries with regard to the figo, hence please chip in wherever you can:-

1) what is the interval for changing brake rotors? My friend was asked them to change at 80k.

2) one my friend's figo met with a minor accident and he had his bumper repainted at a local shop. After a while the shoddy job done by the local shop is quite visible. Does anyone know a good body shop in chennai to get this repainted? His car is of white colour so I assume it should be a fairly easy job if done by a professional.

3) also, does anyone know of a good accessory shop where you can get those matt black stickers which go on the roof? ( again in chennai)

Thanks in advance!
-80K sounds normal for a disc change, provided it has never been changed before.
-paintshops in Madras can be looked up in the Directory for Chennai,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/

-Vinyl or carbon fibre stickers for panels can be done at 3M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Good to know your issue has been fixed. Had it been an issue with the thermistor, like I had with my Figo, then the only option is to get it replaced at the service centre. My issue was with the AC cut-off which reduced/shut down cooling and not with the actual cooling as the car used to cool like normal when the AC used to run properly.
Yes, it was a different issue. I am yet to drive it more to confirm if it is completely resolved. In my case, the compressor did not cut off, just that the cooling reduced.
Could you let me know were the thermistor is located in the Figo?
Old 4th April 2014, 10:44   #9201
BHPian

Hello!
We just added a Figo TDCI to our family yesterday. Will put up a detailed buying and initial ownership report in due time. However, an immediate decision needs to me made regarding tyre upgrade. The car is shod with MRF ZV2K and I managed to clock 90 kms on the first day itself. The ODO stands at 137 kms. Please advice if the stock tyres are keepers or should I replace them pronto.
P.S. : Car will mostly be a city runabout.
By the way, here's a pic of our new family member in his new home to start the journey:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-3863.jpg  

Old 4th April 2014, 11:41   #9202
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride mi2n, the stock tires are running fine on my figo, ~ 32,000 kms and not a single puncture (touchwood), feels well planted and also able to run at good speeds on the highway.
Old 4th April 2014, 13:12   #9203
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Hello!
We just added a Figo TDCI to our family yesterday. Will put up a detailed buying and initial ownership report in due time. However, an immediate decision needs to me made regarding tyre upgrade. The car is shod with MRF ZV2K and I managed to clock 90 kms on the first day itself. The ODO stands at 137 kms. Please advice if the stock tyres are keepers or should I replace them pronto.
P.S. : Car will mostly be a city runabout.
By the way, here's a pic of our new family member in his new home to start the journey:
congrats ! nice colour too.
If you plan to mainly run in the city, stick with the MRFs. They will take city pothole abuse well and you will not be troubled by high road noise since you seldom plan to take it to highway speeds.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 07:45   #9204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Hello!
We just added a Figo TDCI to our family yesterday. Will put up a detailed buying and initial ownership report in due time. However, an immediate decision needs to me made regarding tyre upgrade. The car is shod with MRF ZV2K and I managed to clock 90 kms on the first day itself:
Congratulations for the new addition!
I've been on mrf zv2ks on my Figo since 1.5 years/20k kms and here's what I feel:
1. City performance: grippy, confidence - inspiring, amazing endurance - just 1 puncture till date and the tread just doesn't seem to wear out! ride quality is ok.
2. Highway performance: adequate grip, although I would like more on high speeds, these tyres are extremely noisy, so much that it gets irritating to drive above 80-100kph, specially on concrete surfaces like the Mumbai Pune expressway!
I would recommend you change your tyres if you forsee frequent highway runs in the future, else the stock tyres are perfectly fine for the city!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 16:23   #9205
Senior - BHPian

Extended Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I don't remember how many days after they issued me the extended warranty receipt but I do remember that it was not delivered along with original invoice and car. So it is quite possible that it is issued after 45 days.

Dear friends

I paid for extended warranty last year to my dealer. Did not receive any documentation from Ford Motor Company so far.

So I called my dealer earlier this month. His man came and gave me a receipt again for the money, but this is not from Ford but from the dealer.

Is there any way to verify with Ford whether they have renewed the warranty or not?
Old 8th April 2014, 17:34   #9206
RGK
Senior - BHPian

A simple test to check the AC performance:

Try to get a temperature gauge from AC/Fridge technicians (they will lend for few minutes). Start the engine & AC, set fan speed at 1, keep the gauge near the air con vent. If the reading is between 5 -7 deg centrigrade, then your AC is perfect. If it is more than 7, then take to the SC.

I have a problem in pairing my mobile. The audio unit throws an error before keying the pass code. The time is too short to type the 4 digit pass code on my mobile. Any work around or am I doing anything wrong.
Old 9th April 2014, 07:29   #9207
Senior - BHPian

Re: Extended Warranty

Ideally, you would receive a certificate of some sort from Ford.....I might be wrong here but let me go back & check what I got. Also, you could try calling up the helpdesk & get it confirmed from them by telling your car's registration number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Dear friends

I paid for extended warranty last year to my dealer. Did not receive any documentation from Ford Motor Company so far.

So I called my dealer earlier this month. His man came and gave me a receipt again for the money, but this is not from Ford but from the dealer.

Is there any way to verify with Ford whether they have renewed the warranty or not?
Old 9th April 2014, 12:05   #9208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I have a problem in pairing my mobile. The audio unit throws an error before keying the pass code. The time is too short to type the 4 digit pass code on my mobile. Any work around or am I doing anything wrong.
This usually happens when the HU is already paired with 5 devices. The HU in the Figo can pair with a maximum of 5 devices.

Try deleting a device which is no longer used & then try pairing your current phone.

If the HU is not paired with 5 devices, you may still delete all the currently paired devices & try.
Old 9th April 2014, 12:43   #9209
Senior - BHPian

Re: Extended Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Ideally, you would receive a certificate of some sort from Ford.....I might be wrong here but let me go back & check what I got. Also, you could try calling up the helpdesk & get it confirmed from them by telling your car's registration number.

Can you check and let me know? I'm travelling this month outside India, the whole thing came to my mind because insurance needs to be renewed soon and they sent an email.

If I need to do something then I'll have to bother a few friends.
Old 9th April 2014, 12:45   #9210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
This usually happens when the HU is already paired with 5 devices. The HU in the Figo can pair with a maximum of 5 devices.

Try deleting a device which is no longer used & then try pairing your current phone.

If the HU is not paired with 5 devices, you may still delete all the currently paired devices & try.
In my case I did all this, even then it fails to pair my Samsung Galaxy Grand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks